Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes, that fella did have some bad luck. I have been fortunate not to have any similar problems. Seem like the answers he got were pretty weak. I can attest that I have had a 60lb kid ride mine. I probably won't do that again now!

Comment

Exactly! I just can't figure out if he got a bad run of luck. I mean, he was the only one to post a negative video. It's like anything you buy on Amazon...an item can get 2,000 good reviews but there's always a small percentage that got a lemon.

I'm afraid to roll the dice for $500 though. But Motion seems committed to supporting spare parts...so there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Too Many Hobbies View Post
        Exactly! I just can't figure out if he got a bad run of luck. I mean, he was the only one to post a negative video. It's like anything you buy on Amazon...an item can get 2,000 good reviews but there's always a small percentage that got a lemon.

I'm afraid to roll the dice for $500 though. But Motion seems committed to supporting spare parts...so there's that.
        I think you will be just fine. There has to be thousands of these out in the world by now!

Comment

We thought you may be interested in Volvo RC Hydraulic Excavator too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfM0I4dN1RM&t=4s

Comment

Double E Hobby I assume this new model is a conversion of the original plastic excavator? Have you added weight to the excavator itself? My Volvo was rather lightweight, and the tracks where rubber, not metal.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
              Double E Hobby I assume this new model is a conversion of the original plastic excavator? Have you added weight to the excavator itself? My Volvo was rather lightweight, and the tracks where rubber, not metal.
              This is fully metal, hydraulic hobby grade unit. Weight over 10kg.

Comment

Just got in my new attachments and they are sweet!! All of them work on my V3 except the V4 bucket needs mods so it will work with my new automatic attachment bucket changer. I have set the bolts on all my buckets and ripper so I can use the aux channel to unhook and hookup buckets. It’s so awesome!!! Best use of the aux channel that comes on this excavator that I’ve seen so far. The jackhammer was very disappointing but this bucket changer is a game changer! My V3 bucket is quite small in comparison to the V4. But the yellow larger bucket is still a bit bigger then the V4 and it has a very aggressive bite with those teeth. The largest yellow bucket will be for very loose soil and snow. I used the ripper on some maiden ground that I haven’t touched this year and loosened it up then went at it with my new bucket and the V3 handled it all very well. My dump truck loading went way faster with this larger capacity bucket. Very pleased. I do want to add this V4 excavator when it comes in and that way I can have a dedicated digger and a dedicated logger. Plus when making repairs it would be nice to have a backup unit while waiting for parts. I hate downtime!
                Happy digging!

Comment

You know how I said I hate downtime! Why?!! Both my loader and excavator down at the same time. Good news is that parts came in for the excavator so it will be up soon. Down less then a month (feels longer) is not too bad. Would be up faster if MRC had parts stocked for these things already (hint hint).
                  So what happened was the worm gear stripped out in my turn table motor gearbox. The new part came in without wiring and has a micro pc board on it. Used the wires from the old motor and voila my new turntable motor is in and it’s operational again. Turns better then new too! Greased everything up while I had it torn down and did some more mods to the front arm screw as this has been slipping real bad, to the point it will not engage the screw. I’ll test out this fix to see if it works and post a resolution. Yes this thing is near 500 bucks but you can fix it when it breaks and even modify it to make it better. Well worth the investment. Speaking of mods I’m working on one right now on it so , back to work.

Comment

Ok so I changed out the stock bucket arm attachment (circled in red on the photo) with one that is slightly longer. If you compare the photos you can see that I lose a little of the bucket extension but gain a half inch or better of bucket curl which for me is more important when loading my dump truck to keep more material in the bucket till I’m placed over the bed of the truck. Small and very inexpensive little mods that can make the hobby so enjoyable. I will say it again that electric quick bucket changer is AWESOME!!! All the new buckets work fantastic and the ripper comes in so handy. Those items breathed new life into this machine!

Happy digging!

Comment

Ok so I finally got some video (1 year later) so you can see the quick connect and accessories in action. I can attest to the durability of these machines. Yes things break but so far everything is able to be fixed with parts available. That’s quality in my books. Parts support is the first thing I look at before purchasing an rc. Must be able to fix it when it breaks. Everything breaks eventually.

Comment

Here is the claw in action for the excavator. It takes some getting used to but it’s allot of fun to move logs with. Load up your Tamiya flat bed or pole trailer or even the tamiya logging truck.

Comment

If you can only have two pieces of equipment in your construction fleet this Huina 1580 needs to be number 1!!
                          Number 2 should be a good dump truck. Very small budget get the Huina it will do the job, if you have a bit bigger budget get the Tamiya Arocs 3348 it gets the job done better with more style. These two together are a great combo. Loading a dump truck with the excavator is a blast, it’s my favorite way to load the tipper.

Have fun and keep digging!

Comment

Hello Sir,
                            I would like to ask your help/advice regarding the problem I'm having with my Huina 1580 V4. The bucket stops moving up and down though all other functions of the excavator are working. I tried replacing the receiver board with a new one but it doesn't solve the problem.

Can you please advice me what else to check? Advance thanks for your help.

Comment

zlin40
                              ​​​​​​​
                              Check to see if your getting voltage to your motor. If not it may be the contact switch that is giving you problems. If you are getting voltage when giving it the command then it is probably the motor. Disconnect the screw arm from the motor also to make sure the screw arm is not jammed by dirt or Debris.

Comment

I'll try this advice sir. Thank you.

Comment

At the workbench awaiting replacement parts / repair

​​​​​​

Comment

Baysim80

Hello, I've checked on the terminal of the motor and it is not getting voltage at all. How do I check if the contact switch Is the problem? How do I remove the black casing of the screw arm I'm afraid I might break it if I do it wrong .

Thanks.

Comment

zlin40
                                      Did you check for voltage at the circuit board where the motor connects?
                                      The sleeve connects at the black motor box with one or 2 pins that are pressed in at the top and maybe Bottom of the sleeve. Mine only has one pin at the top on the V3.
                                      check the board for input voltage from the MCB.
                                      Verify the wiring does not have a bad or loose connection especially at the solder joints.
                                      without the magnets close to the Hall effect sensor you should get motor movement in one direction or another with it open like you have it.
                                      If your having sensor problems it should be the one in this close up pic that’s giving you issues.
                                      I’m thinking more wiring problem at this point since it won’t move and no voltage to the motor with stick inputs in either direction. If you got movement in one direction and not the other with it open as pictured then I would lean more towards Hall sensor.

Comment

Baysim80

Yes there is no movement and voltage to the motor with stick inputs in either direction.

I will check one by one the possible causes you stated and i will keep you updated.

​​​​​​When I open the small arm I found a lot of oil outside the motor casing and nearby sections, is it possible it messed up the wiring connections? Thanks.

Comment

zlin40
                                          The oil is not likely to cause any issues electrically.

Comment

Working...
                                          X