X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by karltrek View Post
    I sent them an email. I don’t blame Motion. It’s definitely a Heng Long issue.
    Karltreck, any updates on your issue with this? Learning a lot of stuff; I don't even have a Tank yet lol......Looking to buy the HL Pro-Edition M1A2 when it comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post

Karltreck, any updates on your issue with this? Learning a lot of stuff; I don't even have a Tank yet lol......Looking to buy the HL Pro-Edition M1A2 when it comes in.
      Motion was not going to do anything. But that is OK. It's still a metal gearbox. I just told them that they need to tell people that some tanks do not come with "Steel" gearbox.

Comment

Originally posted by karltrek View Post

Motion was not going to do anything. But that is OK. It's still a metal gearbox. I just told them that they need to tell people that some tanks do not come with "Steel" gearbox.
        Thank you for your reply.

Comment

(I'm bored!) Ever wonder what was inside a Heng Long battery case? One of mine died, so I dissected it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2358.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	342410

It's an INR18650 H, 7.4V, 1800mah, 13.32WH pack.

One could easily pop off the black cases. There'd then be more room for the connector and balance taps in the tank.
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Thanks for doing that but both Toucan and Motion RC have always said it's the same 1800 Lion just in a case...

Comment

Yes, it had been said before but it's always fun to see for oneself, and share.
              Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I take the hard case off them to fit them in the T 90 and others that have a small battery compartment
                I run the HL batteries till they die and to hand out to others when we battle

Comment

Russian T-90 battery options

What is the maximum dimension size for a battery to fit into the Russian T-90 tank battery compartment?
                  Can you use both Li-ion and LiPo 2S 7.4V type batteries with the XT 60 connector for powering the tank?
                  Specifically, would the RDQ Series 7.4V 2S 5000mAh 5C TX16S Compatible LiPo Battery - XT60 or the NHX RC 2S 7.6V 5200mAh 150C HV + Graphene Shorty LiPo Battery w/5mm Bullets / XT60 work well in this tank?
                  https://www.racedayquads.com/product...o-battery-xt60

https://nitrohobbies.com/nhx9003xt60/

Comment

How does everyone think of this Rc tank I just purchased as a fist hobby grade “https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1R527&psc=1”. I have done my research and I plan to arm it with modified metal hinges as armor, swap out the transmitter/receiver, esc, give it some 52t motors, tighten the screws, and grease it up. Does that sound like good preparations for my first hobby grade Rc tank? (I am going to work out the ground tires and remove the rockets)

Comment

Originally posted by Quakinking1 View Post
                      How does everyone think of this Rc tank I just purchased as a fist hobby grade “https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1R527&psc=1”. I have done my research and I plan to arm it with modified metal hinges as armor, swap out the transmitter/receiver, esc, give it some 52t motors, tighten the screws, and grease it up. Does that sound like good preparations for my first hobby grade Rc tank? (I am going to work out the ground tires and remove the rockets)
                      Hobby grade? I assume that is said with levity behind it....

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Hobby grade? I assume that is said with levity behind it....
                        I’m sorry, I’m new to this hobby I should’ve said that I’m converting it from toy grade to hobby grade…

Comment

Comment

I had purchased that tank (maybe from a different seller) last year. It will be very difficult to bring to the level of the Heng Long Tiger even, in all honesty. It has rubber tracks with rear drive sprockets; those companies seem to use the same lower chassis for different upper hulls to make different tank models. It's a fun toy honestly, but converting it over might be more trouble than it's worth. The motors might be 380 size or smaller, so I don't know how you would get 52T motors in there. The "rockets" are part of the BB hopper assembly, if you don't install those, it won't carry any BBs. It doesn't do IR with it's electronics but if you did convert it to Heng Long electronics it could. It would take a lot of modification really.

Now, is that tank fun? You bet! I had purchased that and a couple others for camping last year and it was an awesome idea. They have all been passed on at this point though, as the Heng Long tanks are not that much more money, and are totally worth it for entry into more hobby grade tanks.

Here's my daughter driving that Tiger at camp last year:
                            This is a Chinese RC German Tiger tank, roaming around our campsite at Spring Lake.

Here's my daughter driving her Heng Long Tiger this year (she got for Christmas):
                            Heng Long 7.0 Tiger 1 on patrol in the Laguna

Clay

Comment

It would be much appreciated if an updated tk7.0 post was made. As it’s the current henglong standard. Great post!

Comment

Originally posted by ccarley View Post

I had purchased that tank (maybe from a different seller) last year. It will be very difficult to bring to the level of the Heng Long Tiger even, in all honesty. It has rubber tracks with rear drive sprockets; those companies seem to use the same lower chassis for different upper hulls to make different tank models. It's a fun toy honestly, but converting it over might be more trouble than it's worth. The motors might be 380 size or smaller, so I don't know how you would get 52T motors in there. The "rockets" are part of the BB hopper assembly, if you don't install those, it won't carry any BBs. It doesn't do IR with it's electronics but if you did convert it to Heng Long electronics it could. It would take a lot of modification really.

Now, is that tank fun? You bet! I had purchased that and a couple others for camping last year and it was an awesome idea. They have all been passed on at this point though, as the Heng Long tanks are not that much more money, and are totally worth it for entry into more hobby grade tanks.

Here's my daughter driving that Tiger at camp last year:
                                This is a Chinese RC German Tiger tank, roaming around our campsite at Spring Lake.

Here's my daughter driving her Heng Long Tiger this year (she got for Christmas):
                                Heng Long 7.0 Tiger 1 on patrol in the Laguna

Clay
                                Haha great addition to my inquiry! I never realized you responded. I’m looking into some newer henglong options, I kinda realized it was foolish to invest that much into a cheaper tank.

Comment

Haha great addition to my inquiry! I never realized you responded. I’m looking into some newer henglong options, I kinda realized it was foolish to invest that much into a cheaper tank.
                                  A Heng Long plastic basic version 1:16 RC tank can be had for less than the Supdex RC you purchased. You could have avoid the mistake if you enquired here first.

Nothing wrong if you enjoy playing the Supdex RC vehicle.

Comment

This is great info. I have one question. Where can I fund internal electronics for a 1/6 scale Stuart? The original mother board was ruined by mice.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris curran View Post
                                      This is great info. I have one question. Where can I fund internal electronics for a 1/6 scale Stuart? The original mother board was ruined by mice.
                                      Only direct replacement for OEM board would be Ebay as the Stuart has been out of production for over 10 years and the company that made it is also dead (officially in 2012, but effectively in 2009).

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post

Only direct replacement for OEM board would be Ebay as the Stuart has been out of production for over 10 years and the company that made it is also dead (officially in 2012, but effectively in 2009).
                                        You mean to tell me that I couldn't replace the inner electronics with new variants? With all the guys that build their own, I'm sure there's something I could use.

Comment

Yeah, you can. There are plenty of Stuarts that have custom solutions, but there isn't a drop in solution. Some have used Heng Long controllers running at 12V, but that would require a bunch of rewiring and adding plugs to adapt the Stuart parts to the Heng Long MFU. Any of the aftermarket boards like Clark, IBU, TCB, Elmod, etc can all be adapted to run the Stuart. Once again, all of those would require rewiring of most of the tank. The Stuart uses an integrated receiver that is built into the main board. It's basically like a Heng Long controller since it does all the sound and action functions. Everything else in the tank is pretty standard stuff like brushed motors.

Comment

Working...
                                          X