Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished mine. I added an aftermarket set of metal bogies to my pro version. I repainted and added some light weathering.

Comment

Hey TSN , welcome to HobbySquawk! Your Sherman looks great, what other tanks do you have in your arsenal?

Comment

Thank you James. This my first one. I am mostly into RC planes and this was a nice change. Really interested in the Toro M16 half track

Comment

Welcome to Squawk TSN glad to have you. i haven't owned the Sherman yet but its defiantly high on my list. got a chance to see it at james's and its sweet.

Comment

Hello all,
            Does anyone know if the HL Sherman upper body will fit the Mato or similar metal chassis with or without simple modification/s? Thanks.

Comment

Here are some images of my Sherman outfitted with some hedgerow clippers. I found them on this site which will 3D print them for you: https://www.shapeways.com/product/V2...in-i-heng-long

I take no credit for designing them and I’m not trying to advertise or anything I just thought they were cool.

and no they aren’t actually strong enough to go through small bushes 🙁 although it does push thin grass down

Comment

JoeM723 That looks mean!! How does it attach to the hull?
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Alpha It fits into the two differential cover hooks on the front with two pegs. It wasn’t a perfect fit so I had to make the pegs a little thicker using masking tape but you can’t notice it. I like the look though.

Comment

Does anyone know of the 2 cell 7000 mAh battery will fit in the Sherman?

Comment

Originally posted by pdansalvish View Post
                      Does anyone know of the 2 cell 7000 mAh battery will fit in the Sherman?
                      yes

Comment

Hey, does anybody know the Tamiya equivalent of colour for the Sherman? Got scratched up really bad and need to cover it up.

Comment

Originally posted by J450N_9H0 View Post
                          Hey, does anybody know the Tamiya equivalent of colour for the Sherman? Got scratched up really bad and need to cover it up.
                          TS-28 is very close.

Comment

Hello,

I am thinking of ordering this to go with the LCM3 Landing Craft 1/16. I would like to know if this is the professional version ( it has the price tag 189.99 of the pro version). Thanks Dai

https://www.amazon.com/Heng-Long-Con...s%2C169&sr=8-1

Comment

Or this is a better buy? Thanks Dai

https://www.amazon.com/Modified-Cont...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Comment

Hey guys, got a question. I bought a Sherman from Toucan, not realizing it was a “snow” Sherman, painted white. Now, I’m going to paint it green, already got paint and decals lined up, but my question is: were any Shermans painted white? Field white washed, I’m sure, but I’m curious but too lazy to do the research - I’m bad!
                                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                                  Hey guys, got a question. I bought a Sherman from Toucan, not realizing it was a “snow” Sherman, painted white. Now, I’m going to paint it green, already got paint and decals lined up, but my question is: were any Shermans painted white? Field white washed, I’m sure, but I’m curious but too lazy to do the research - I’m bad!
                                  Yes

Comment

Just a little observation; Heng Long or Toucan uses some thick paint for their white tank versions, I guess you'd have to for good coverage. Base paint + white paint + brown weathering paint = hard to insert accessory parts into their appropriate holes. Not a big deal, just takes some sanding, scraping or reaming.

Comment

Just got a Sherman for Christmas. Had no clue my girlfriend was getting one for me...lol. She was watching for months on Motion for them to restock but to no avail. Managed to get it through Toucan Hobby on eBay. Unboxed it tonight and did the "2 minute run drill" to check that everything was working and I must say that I'm impressed! Charging the battery fully now so I can play with it more tomorrow 😄 Hopefully Motion can finally get restocked so I can get a Panzer to do battle with 😎

Comment

Originally posted by hilldebrandt View Post
                                        Just got a Sherman for Christmas. Had no clue my girlfriend was getting one for me...lol. She was watching for months on Motion for them to restock but to no avail. Managed to get it through Toucan Hobby on eBay. Unboxed it tonight and did the "2 minute run drill" to check that everything was working and I must say that I'm impressed! Charging the battery fully now so I can play with it more tomorrow 😄 Hopefully Motion can finally get restocked so I can get a Panzer to do battle with 😎
                                        Congratulations! Give your girlfriend a high five from all of us.

If you want a second tank, I wouldn't be waiting for MRC, unfortunately. They've been dead silent about restocks. Toucan has been supplying us here for months. Also, if you haven't already, check out some threads here about the LegoDEI IR receivers. And, a good li/ion capable charger will be a real improvement.

"Money is just fun you haven't had yet!"

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Congratulations! Give your girlfriend a high five from all of us.

If you want a second tank, I wouldn't be waiting for MRC, unfortunately. They've been dead silent about restocks. Toucan has been supplying us here for months. Also, if you haven't already, check out some threads here about the LegoDEI IR receivers. And, a good li/ion capable charger will be a real improvement.

"Money is just fun you haven't had yet!"
                                          Thanks SCB!
                                          I race RC cars as well so I already have capable chargers.
                                          I noticed all too well with MRC unfortunately... I've been checking out Toucan now..
                                          I will check into the LegoDEI receivers..

Happy New Year to you!

Comment

Working...
                                          X