X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iR Biatholon or Flag Capture Targets

I ran across Stanlley's RCTankLegion YouTube Page. Great stuff.

Alpha - we definitely need a source (Hint Hint to Heng Long Factory) for generally available ir Targets. Especially since he created these using HL parts and 5 targets can operate off one transmitter.

this is the Part 2 of our RC Tank Biathlon series, How to build IR targetswith these IR targets you can have reliable and clear hits, and making the game eve...

We have been buying IR targets from a site called RCtankhobby if i recall it correctly. Rubicon99 and I have some. I used them for the IR part of our RC Tank Trials event that was set up similar to a model boat regatta but with tanks. He only makes them if buy a bulk lot of 10 so i had the split an order.

One guy in LA Tank has converted some iR targets into huge boxes with a flashing beacon and boom sound when it gets hit.

tamiya makes land mines for their 1:35 IR mini tanks but they do not work with 1:16 for some reason. Targets and mines would be awesome to be commercially produced but they would need to be compatible with the tamiya standard the hobby uses and, be a bit better compatible than the current HL 6.0 is right now. But, this does open a door for a whole new world of play if they were produced.
    RC tank parts and accessories I make
    www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Nice.

We are starting with a small armory. Just 3 of us. So this would definitely add to the activity. Plus the iR target games should keep the projectile police from becoming Moriarty's with all their negative waves. Woof Woof!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post
        Nice.

We are starting with a small armory. Just 3 of us. So this would definitely add to the activity. Plus the iR target games should keep the projectile police from becoming Moriarty's with all their negative waves. Woof Woof!!!

$7 Modular IR Target

Oct 15, 2020, 04:15 PM

Modular, readily available IR target that I cooked up. It is compatible across all board types, including but not limited to Tamiya, Taigen, IBU, OpenPanzer, and HengLong. Can be powered through any battery that is 3V - 5.5V.
        This allows a wide range of batteries to be used, including but not limited to: 1S (3.7V) LiPo, 1S 18650 Li-ion, CR2032/2016 coin cell, 3AA, 3NiMH.
        Depending on your application and size needed, you can choose the battery pack and capacity to fit.
        Available now at https://www.etsy.com/shop/LegoDEI.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdcrow View Post
          I ran across Stanlley's RCTankLegion YouTube Page. Great stuff.

Alpha - we definitely need a source (Hint Hint to Heng Long Factory) for generally available ir Targets. Especially since he created these using HL parts and 5 targets can operate off one transmitter.

this is the Part 2 of our RC Tank Biathlon series, How to build IR targetswith these IR targets you can have reliable and clear hits, and making the game eve...

I've seen Stanley's videos also and what a robust program he has. I too will be mirroring his ideas. I am in the process of starting a local club here in Olympia.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post

I've seen Stanley's videos also and what a robust program he has. I too will be mirroring his ideas. I am in the process of starting a local club here in Olympia.
            I’m done here in the Vancouver WA area. Please keep me posted on your club as I would be willing to come up for the day when you have events

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDog77 View Post

I’m done here in the Vancouver WA area. Please keep me posted on your club as I would be willing to come up for the day when you have events
              Roger, sure will. I'm also with NORDPAC check out site at (https://groups.io/g/nordpac).

Comment

Working...
              X