X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPV for my m1a2

Just wondering what would be a good fpv camera to put in the turret of the m1a2?

Any small AIO setup should work.

Comment

Looking for a generic FPV thread, or maybe I could ask a question here.

I have a combo camera/transmitter that works off 3.5 to 5v, basically from a receiver circuit. Is there a takeoff for this voltage on the MCB? This’ll be for a new M1Abrams. Any answer is welcome!
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
        Looking for a generic FPV thread, or maybe I could ask a question here.

I have a combo camera/transmitter that works off 3.5 to 5v, basically from a receiver circuit. Is there a takeoff for this voltage on the MCB? This’ll be for a new M1Abrams. Any answer is welcome!
        You can tap power from a number of slots on the 6.0/1 MFUs so you should have no problems. The easiest location that is unused is the “aiming” light slot. If you need more then 3.5v you can use the aux fan or one of the smoke system slots.

Comment

Rubicon, thanks. Was it you who installed a camera in the CITV post? If so, did you post an install thread, like where the VTX was placed, etc.? If not, might you know who/where? Thanks!

Comment

Rubicon, thanks. Was it you who installed a camera in the CITV post? If so, did you post an install thread, like where the VTX was placed, etc.? If not, might you know who/where? Thanks!
            It was not me. I believe it was forum member Alpha that did the Install.

Comment

where can i find voltage output's off the main board for a fpv i need 7 volt's min

Comment

Originally posted by JIMSIX View Post
                where can i find voltage output's off the main board for a fpv i need 7 volt's min
                For that much voltage you will need at least a 6.0S MFU and might be able to take it from the smoke unit heater. Though it might be safer to directly take from your power/batter lead lines.

Comment

If you use a Lipo in your tank tap off the balance lead but just pick the voltage for one cell. This also helps with interference and you can also put a capacitor somewhere across the feed to the VTX to reduce voltage spikes. I only ever use power straight from the main pack or a separate tiny lipo as using BEC’s and like puts noise in the system?

Comment

Also contemplating FPV on an Abrams, Challenger or Leopard. What is the access to the turret like, particularly the bustle? i thought I'd add stuff to my T-72, but with such a small turret, there's virtually no room to run wires, etc.

Comment

Also contemplating FPV on an Abrams, Challenger or Leopard. What is the access to the turret like, particularly the bustle? i thought I'd add stuff to my T-72, but with such a small turret, there's virtually no room to run wires, etc.
                      The turret on those tanks are HUGE inside. Nothing like the T72.

Comment

R, thanks. Looking at the T-72, it's beautiful, but might not be the best rough terrain player - barrel length, external stores and such. An Abrams could house the Lego IR setup and FPV much easier. Besides, the T-72 needs an adversary!

Comment

R, thanks. Looking at the T-72, it's beautiful, but might not be the best rough terrain player - barrel length, external stores and such. An Abrams could house the Lego IR setup and FPV much easier. Besides, the T-72 needs an adversary!
                          The T72 even with stock 380 motors and stock plastic or metal tracks is an excellent all around tank off road, but due to its low ground clearance does have limitations. I will be soon be posting an updated review about the T72/90 similar to one I wrote a few year back on another forum. If you have seen my recent Instagram short videos some of those were taken durning the updated review testing. Instagram @ fsttanks

The Abrams has a lot of internal space that lends itself to easier modifications. It also lends itself to an easy “long travel” suspension modification that can hugely improves its rough terrain performance and overall smoothness of driving. Couple this with some 390 red motors, drive shaft support bearings and set of Tamiya (Abrams or Leopard 2) tracks and you will have an almost unstoppable off road monster of a tank. I will be writing about this modification IF I can get my hands on one of the new 6.0 Abrams form Motion RC soon.

Oh and YES it also does makes a great opponent for the T72....

Comment

I would love to see the long travel suspension mod you have done. Would it be possible to retrofit it to the t90 as well as the m1a2?

Comment

Originally posted by saunderspeter071@gmail.com View Post
                              I would love to see the long travel suspension mod you have done. Would it be possible to retrofit it to the t90 as well as the m1a2?
                              The two suspensions are a little different and require a different approach to the modification. Chiefly among the difference the T90 (T72) has much shorter arms and larger road wheels that are closer together. This limits the range of movement that can be achieved. My extensive testing showed the T90 (T72) suspension mod is not really worth the effort and time it takes to do it.

The best way IMO to achieve better off road performance for the T90 & T72 is by upgrading the tracks to a set of Mato or DKLM RC dual pin metal tracks. These have more aggressive track profiles and are more flexible. The flexibility let’s the suspension work more effectively and the aggressive profile doubles the grip over stock metal HL tracks on all surfaces.

Sorry for “thread jacking”. If folks would like to know more we should start another thread so this thread can get back on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

It was not me. I believe it was forum member Alpha that did the Install.
                                Hi Alpha. (little plane humor there) Was it you who mounted your fpv camera in the Abrams CITV? If you ran a thread on it could you direct me there? If not, I do have some questions if you're willing to share.

What camera? I've seen a number of 6mm square tiny cams on eBay. Was it one of these?
                                What VTX? And where did you mount it and the antenna?
                                What power source did you use? Tapped off the main battery, or?

My goal is to have a FPV and Legodei IR receiver in an M1 setup, for battling and showing off!

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Just in case anyone is thinking of going FPV here's a couple of videos. First one is with the mic's inside the turret and video taken from goggle DVR.

2nd is with the mic's taped to the outside of the turret

3rd is direct from the Runcam2 SD card, I can't show you the FPV feed from the R2 as both my VTX harnesses are in use on my two FPV trucks.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Drawback of the Runcam2 is the size and colour, good news is there is a new 4k version out ?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks now i got the volt's i need when i have this FPV up i'll show yal the set up i think you'll get a kick out of it , look out grand kid's hear comes grumpa

Comment

Working...
                                      X