Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubicon, earlier your mentioned testing high-output IR emitters on the LegoDEI reciever, did you notice a significant difference using those vs. the HL supplied, and if so, what do I need to search for; "High output IR emitter"?

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
      Rubicon, earlier your mentioned testing high-output IR emitters on the LegoDEI reciever, did you notice a significant difference using those vs. the HL supplied, and if so, what do I need to search for; "High output IR emitter"?
      I tested the HP bulbs to see if they would work with the 6.0 system and if the system provided sufficient power for the bulbs to achieve their full potential. The answer was yes to both.

The maximum range with a HP bulb to hit a target with the LegoDEI receiver in moderate overcast or afternoon sunlight is rather far ~150ft and in some cases out as far as 200ft. With the stock HL 6.0 IR bulb the results were just a little less. Compared to the industry standard Tamiya stock IR bulb, both the HL and HP bulb easily outperform the Tamiya stock bulb. This is true not only for the LegiDEI receiver but also the Tamiya receiver.

By comparison the Tamiya receiver is a bit more sensitive then the LegoDEI to receiving hits with the HP bulbs at ranges past 200ft. But I have never been in a fight that was quite that far away. We tested at that range just for the fun of it and on static targets.

100ft is pretty darn far for a tank on tank moving fight. It is hard to aim that accurately on the move when you can hardly see you advisory. The goal for the LegoDEI receiver was 75ft and it easily does this in all lighting conditions with all the bulbs tested.

I run the HP bulbs in most of my older tanks but for the new 6.0 HL tanks I do not bother installing them unless a bulb “burns out”.

If you want the little extra range here is where I buy my HP bulbs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0CB0CF45-FEB8-4816-B9EF-CC5808B64A2B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	247330

Comment

Disregard..

Comment

Well, I received a LegoDEI IR receiver yesterday and here is my review: It is not prime time Plug and Play ready!! I received a nice looking "mushroom" with no instructions, no diagrams, no wiring and no connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Narly View Post
            Well, I received a LegoDEI IR receiver yesterday and here is my review: It is not prime time Plug and Play ready!! I received a nice looking "mushroom" with no instructions, no diagrams, no wiring and no connectors.
            There are posts in this thread and folks here that can help with your install. And no, it is not plug n play for Heng Long tanks. It was easy enough to install in my HL Sherman but it does take a little tinkering. Once you install one and understand the wiring it all falls into place. Any particular tank you want to put it on? I'm sure there's someone here that can help. "Ribucon99" is the guru for these sorts of things... The only gripe I had was I thought the 3D printing was pretty crude. But, if it works and a little sanding and painting then I'm happy!

Comment

I bought for my HL M1A2 Abrams and as an Ol Timer who still thinks a light switch is an electronic miracle, I could either use some help or else e-bay it .....

Comment

Please reread this thread it was stated a number of times it is NOT “plug and play” so this should have come as no surprise. It is a hobby grade unit that REQUIRES installation. The installation is not hard and can be easily done by anyone with even a modest modeling or r/c building background.

Only the 6.0 HL version should be coming with mounting lead wires. Make sure you ordered the correct one or that you were sent the correct one. There are a few versions for different control systems.

Take a look at the thread and you will find information sources on how to install it. I posted a pictorial install on my Instagram @ fsttanks and noted this a few times over the the last several days. Installation is NOT a hard procedure especially on the 6.0 Abrams.

I will also double check with the supplier to make sure all the HL 6.0 versions are infact shipping with wires and this has not changed from what I was told would be happening.

Also you can PM LegoDEI directly he is a member here.

Comment

The first page of this thread has lots of information and photos showing what must be done in sequence to adapt this system to an HL tank. I don't have one yet so unfortunately I can't contribute to this guide as others have. In Post #12, Rubicon99 says

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                  I will state these are NOT PLUG & PLAY direct fit to the HL 6.0 battle system external IR plug port. It’s not hard to change out the wires and plug, but it is not something I would recommend for the novice with no RC “hobby” experience.
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I bought for my HL M1A2 Abrams and as an Ol Timer who still thinks a light switch is an electronic miracle, I could either use some help or else e-bay it .....
                    I''ll take it off your hands for a deep discount! You take paypal?

Comment

Not quite sure what you're going at there; if you even looked at the listing you would see the wiring diagram is the 4th picture, and it is quite straight forward. Furthermore, the day I shipped your order out, I also sent you a message stating the wiring was coming in a separate package. Please don't bash on my product because you couldn't be bothered to read the instructions or your email.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	154.1 KB ID:	247536Click image for larger version  Name:	image_54490.jpg Views:	3 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	247537

Comment

This is my install of the LegoDEI Heng Long compatible IR sensor in the Heng Long M4A3 Sherman.
                        Many thanks to Rubicon99 for his advice on the install.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HLSherman_LegoDEI_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.9 KB ID:	250383
                        Remove stock 3-pin socket and board.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HLSherman_LegoDEI_02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	131.3 KB ID:	250384
                        Remove one of the existing screw pillers and reshape the slot to fit a JST-XH, 5-pin plug.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HLSherman_LegoDEI_03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	250385
                        Install the new 5pin plugs all the way in. I used CA glue to secure it. Not sure how long CA will hold
                        but it's fairly easy access if I need to re-glue, use another adhesive or mechanical strap.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HLSherman_LegoDEI_04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.2 KB ID:	250386
                        With the plug inserted all the way it works out to the perfect height so the sunshade just
                        clears the hatch hinge. I colored two of the sockets to aid in plugging in the IR sensor correctly.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	HLSherman_LegoDEI_05.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.5 KB ID:	250387
                        After a little sanding and painting the new LegoDEI IR sensor almost looks like a part of the tank.
                        The sunshade pictured is the 360 degree model vs the "Tamiya" quadrant style sunshade.

Comment

Bump because I have been receiving a few questions about this now that the next tank shipment is due in any day now.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	5pin tower2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.4 KB ID:	255938 Click image for larger version

Name:	5pin tower.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	255940 I designed a universal 3D printed riser tower to set the 5 pin plug into for mounting LegoDEI's receivers in tanks with really low hatch floors/ cupolas. .STL found here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4384598

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
                              I designed a universal 3D printed riser tower to set the 5 pin plug into for mounting LegoDEI's receivers in tanks with really low hatch floors/ cupolas. .STL found here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4384598
                              Good stuff Vaseline. Thanks!

Comment

I mention it in the thingiverse summary, but I didnt step the inside of the rectangular tube so the ears and clip things on the side of the plug have to be trimmed off in order to fit, the tolerances are pretty snug, but you might want to use a drop of CA to abuse proof it. The disk is 32mms in diameter, and its overall 28mms high. (based on rough measuring the Walker drivers hatch) but I figured it could be cut/sanded back to fit anything you care to, with 2mm pilot holes so you can screw it rather than gluing it in to make it easier to remove if you need to.

Comment

Downloaded and printed. Thanks!
                                  I have two IR units ordered. One for my Bulldog. And, I'll be ordering a Panther G as soon as they arrive.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I recieved my Reciever with 6 individual single plugs for my Heng Long 6.0 T34 tank. What happened to the 5 pin connector? If I got the wrong connectors thenhow do I get the correct one?

Comment

Originally posted by William Fraden View Post
                                        I recieved my Reciever with 6 individual single plugs for my Heng Long 6.0 T34 tank. What happened to the 5 pin connector? If I got the wrong connectors thenhow do I get the correct one?
                                        Are you talking about the LegoDEI recievers like this one?
                                        https://www.etsy.com/listing/7769074..._home_active_4

Comment

Which LED plug location are folks plugging into on the MFCU? On my Bulldog both 3 and 4 are being used by the headlights and tail lights.

Comment

Working...
                                          X