X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
    Which LED plug location are folks plugging into on the MFCU? On my Bulldog both 3 and 4 are being used by the headlights and tail lights.
    Option 1. Plug into the taillight slot and forgo taillights.

Option 2. Splice IR lead wires into the taillight lead wires and run concurrently with the taillights. Super easy to do. I have this set up on one of my tanks. Personally I think it is your best option. You will still need to turn off the taillights to turn off the IR hit indication LEDs.

Option 3. You can use slots 6,7 or 8. These are for the brake lights and L/R turn signals. Unfortunately I have not found a way to turn these on and off so the IR LEDs will stay lighted which is not advantageous for battling as folks will mistake this as your tank is dead or just received a hit.

Comment

Thanks, I suspected that Option 2 would be possible. But, I wasn't sure. Thanks for the quick answer.

Comment

LegoDEI What is the maximum voltage you can use for the LED [2pin] on your HL version? Would it be safe to use the 6v "Smoke Generator" [CN12] socket?

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
          LegoDEI What is the maximum voltage you can use for the LED [2pin] on your HL version? Would it be safe to use the 6v "Smoke Generator" [CN12] socket?
          NO you will fry the IR receiver!!!! Also the LEDs can not be turned off and will not flash with the other lights when hit.

Comment

I figured you could turn them off since you can turn the smoker on and off. But, didn't think about the flashing. I assumed the flash function was built into the receiver unit and didn't use the MFCB flashing function...
            Do the Left/Right Turn signals flash?

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
              I figured you could turn them off since you can turn the smoker on and off. But, didn't think about the flashing. I assumed the flash function was built into the receiver unit and didn't use the MFCB flashing function...
              Do the Left/Right Turn signals flash?
              They do flash but can’t be turn off, well I at least I have not found a way to turn them off, so the IR LEDs stay on all the time.

Comment

HengLong LED outputs are all at 3.3V, which is what the receiver is designed around. You can push it to 4V or so and still get decent life out of them. 6V will definitely fry them lol. The tamiya/ibu/clark version is good up to 6.5V, but you need to cross wires on the ir receiver pins.

Comment

Originally posted by LegoDEI View Post
                  HengLong LED outputs are all at 3.3V, which is what the receiver is designed around. You can push it to 4V or so and still get decent life out of them. 6V will definitely fry them lol. The tamiya/ibu/clark version is good up to 6.5V, but you need to cross wires on the ir receiver pins.
                  Good to know. Will make note of it. Thanks!

Comment

Yes the Lego. I have 2 seperate wires a green and yellow both with single connectors. The 5 wires all single connectors- black-white- grey-purple-blue?

Comment

Originally posted by William Fraden View Post
                      Yes the Lego. I have 2 seperate wires a green and yellow both with single connectors. The 5 wires all single connectors- black-white- grey-purple-blue?
                      I'm not sure what you're asking.

The (3) wires plug into socket [CN16]. The other 2 wires plug into [LED 3] (tail lights). IF you want to retain the tail lights just splice the two wires into the existing taillight wires. The colors of the wires are just for reference. Observe correct polarity for all connections.

Does this image help?

Click image for larger version  Name:	il_fullxfull.2276772713_tsd1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.9 KB ID:	257973

Comment

Update for you all: testing upgraded red LED brightness with no increase to cost or change to form factor. The new LED's are 3x the brightness of the original version (1600mcd vs 500mcd).
                        LED's are difficult for cameras to handle so here's a side by side comparison to demonstrate the huge increase in light output. No filters/blurs or effects of any type were used for this picture. The left is the new one while the right is the original. As you all know the original ones are already very bright, so this upgrade should further improve visibility outdoors on the battlefield.

Click image for larger version  Name:	flash.JPG Views:	0 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	259163
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	flashoff.JPG Views:	0 Size:	149.4 KB ID:	259164

I'm currently making an initial beta production batch of 17, available starting tomorrow.
                        If you would like to own one & would like to help test this new version, please leave a note stating your desire for the beta brighter version when ordering, since availability is limited.
                        The original version will still for the time being be the default product until I receive sufficient favorable feedback for the upgraded version.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8478.JPG Views:	0 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	259165

Comment

Update for you all: testing upgraded red LED brightness with no increase to cost or change to form factor. The new LED's are 3x the brightness of the original version (1600mcd vs 500mcd).
                          LED's are difficult for cameras to handle so here's a side by side comparison to demonstrate the huge increase in light output. No filters/blurs or effects of any type were used for this picture. The left is the new one while the right is the original. As you all know the original ones are already very bright, so this upgrade should further improve visibility outdoors on the battlefield.

Click image for larger version Name:	flash.JPG Views:	0 Size:	41.8 KB ID:	259163
                          Click image for larger version Name:	flashoff.JPG Views:	0 Size:	149.4 KB ID:	259164

I'm currently making an initial beta production batch of 17, available starting tomorrow.
                          If you would like to own one & would like to help test this new version, please leave a note stating your desire for the beta brighter version when ordering, since availability is limited.
                          The original version will still for the time being be the default product until I receive sufficient favorable feedback for the upgraded version.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_8478.JPG Views:	0 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	259165
                          Well sign me up for a few!!!! The brighter LED was needed especially for easier visual hit indication in bright light and when then tank is far way from the adversary to confirm a hit.

Comment

I'm in for the brighter version. Other than being brighter is mounting and functionality going to be the same as current the version?

Comment

Everything- including usage, mounting plug, etc will all be the same, so you can just plug directly into any tanks you've already made the sockets for without any modification. Only difference is increased brightness. And just to reiterate, this is only for the red ones. Blue ones are still the same,

Comment

LegoDEI Are the two new HL receivers you just sent me the "brighter" versions?

Comment

yes they should be. edit: i've noticed that the difference isn't as pronounced when the tanks are low on juice... which makes sense.

Comment

LegoDEI Heng Long IR Reciever V1.0. I just finished making a better mount and wired in the LED into my HL Sherman. I have the Red and the Blue IR unit. The LEDs on the Blue one do not work for some reason.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by karltrek View Post
                                      LegoDEI Heng Long IR Reciever V1.0. I just finished making a better mount and wired in the LED into my HL Sherman. I have the Red and the Blue IR unit. The LEDs on the Blue one do not work for some reason.

https://youtu.be/1jFxZ47wLAY
                                      Looks good. It sits really high and that will make it harder to hit at close ranges, but then the Tamiya IR receivers on Sherman’s sit just as high and are hard to hit at closer ranges too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Looks good. It sits really high and that will make it harder to hit at close ranges, but then the Tamiya IR receivers on Sherman’s sit just as high and are hard to hit at closer ranges too.
                                        I may remove the post at the base and lower the unit. Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by karltrek View Post

I may remove the post at the base and lower the unit. Thx!
                                          karltrek, I had debated on doing a similar adaptation for the Lego receiver by using the stock magnet mount but after contemplated it for awhile it seemed just as easy to do the mount I posted on my Sherman. I did another recent mount similar to the one I did for the Sherman on my T-72. Since my tanks are for IR battling not display or BB only shooting models it didn't seem necessary to have a mounting system that didn't require a little modification on the turret.
                                          With this said I do think a nice magnet mounting setup would be more accepted by more people. We need to find someone that has a 3D printer to make a "magnet" mount for the HL models that easily fits the LegoDEI receiver. Maybe we can get Bcuriosr to whip one out?!
                                          It would have to have a provision to cut length before inserting the magnet so it could be "fit" to the various different HL tanks for optimum height.

Comment

Working...
                                          X