Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. It is important to me to be able to easily move the IR device from tank to tank. Most people would like a plug and play system. I have had to help my friends who also bought Lego’s IR units install them. A useful mount would help a lot.

Comment

If someone wants to PM, sketches, dimensions, and or ideas I could design one. Im not set up for printing and selling though, but Ill just put the design up on thingiverse so anyone with a printer has access to it.

Comment

I can work on some drawings. I’ll need Rubicons input since I think he has at least one of every HL tank for a base unit that will fit all the tanks yet cab be easily modified or cut down for each specific model..

Comment

I made a new lower mount using a piece of a small PVC tube. Simpler and much less top-heavy so the magnet holds better. I guess I could make it even lower if I cut down the connection leads on the IR unit.
          Attached Files

Comment

If you have a Heng Long Panzer IV it has a nifty hatch on the side of the turret where you can hide the JST plug for the IR LED.
            Attached Files

Comment

So my friend Karl got me into these fancy receivers, and something I did not like as soon as I received my order is the lack of a mount... so I decided to create a design on my own, and 3d print it for me and my friends.

The idea is to just glue in the bottom a 15mm magnet. There is a place in the base for that.

The top fits the IR receiver I got, hopefully all of them have the same size.

There is a hole in the side to route the wires.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Joaquin View Post
                So my friend Karl got me into these fancy receivers, and something I did not like as soon as I received my order is the lack of a mount... so I decided to create a design on my own, and 3d print it for me and my friends.

The idea is to just glue in the bottom a 15mm magnet. There is a place in the base for that.

Excellent! Great job..

Comment

Originally posted by Joaquin View Post

Great job Joaquin! That Karl friend of yours is feeling inadequate.

Comment

if I was only interested in better hit registration and not the number of hits taken could this be used with just the original three wire plug and not have to add the extra two wires?

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldogtanker View Post
                      if I was only interested in better hit registration and not the number of hits taken could this be used with just the original three wire plug and not have to add the extra two wires?
                      Yes. It works without the LED hit indication lights.

Comment

I think he’s looking for hit “indication” not hits counted. I would think he needs the 2 extra wires and not the 3 wire for LED indication. Can the two extra wires be spliced into the power wires of the 3 wire and still have enough voltage to show up?

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
                          I think he’s looking for hit “indication” not hits counted. I would think he needs the 2 extra wires and not the 3 wire for LED indication. Can the two extra wires be spliced into the power wires of the 3 wire and still have enough voltage to show up?
                          Hit indication/counts are controlled by the 6.0 system not the IR receiver. The receiver just tells the MFU that it is seeing a signal. The MFU makes the determination if it will accept the signal as a hit.

All the LegoDEI receiver does is pick up the IR beam signals much better then the stock IR receiver. It functions regardless of the LEDs lighting up.

During testing I often used the LegoDEI receiver without the LEDs connected.

Comment

OK. I think I'm following now..

Comment

Received a whole lot of receivers from LegoDEI today. The FRAG RC Tank Club has chosen to move to these exclusively as testing has shown them to be as good or better than the Tamiya unit. The 360 sunshade and 4 individual sensors create a better rounded battle experience, (we move our emitters to the the barrel and create a restrictor with a "pin-hole" aperture to narrow the shot.). Oftentimes, Tamiya's blind spots make battling less than equitable or fun. Lego DEI's receivers are also much lower profile and at a fraction of the cost.

Considering the size of the order, he was understanding of the process of collecting orders and money from the entire club. Once the order was in, I received the package in about a week. As the photos will attest, they were well packaged and are ready to distribute the members! Thanks LegoDEI!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2883.jpeg
Views:	591
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	264225Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2884.jpeg
Views:	543
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	264226Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2886.jpeg
Views:	554
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	264227

Comment

Originally posted by BcuriousR View Post
                                Received a whole lot of receivers from LegoDEI today. The FRAG RC Tank Club has chosen to move to these exclusively as testing has shown them to be as good or better than the Tamiya unit. The 360 sunshade and 4 individual sensors create a better rounded battle experience, (we move our emitters to the the barrel and create a restrictor with a "pin-hole" aperture to narrow the shot.). Oftentimes, Tamiya's blind spots make battling less than equitable or fun. Lego DEI's receivers are also much lower profile and at a fraction of the cost.

Considering the size of the order, he was understanding of the process of collecting orders and money from the entire club. Once the order was in, I received the package in about a week. As the photos will attest, they were well packaged and are ready to distribute the members! Thanks LegoDEI!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2883.jpeg
Views:	591
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	264225Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2884.jpeg
Views:	543
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	264226Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2886.jpeg
Views:	554
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	264227
                                I worked with LegoDEI on developing the 6.0 HL version which also lead to further improvements with the Tamiya compatible versions. A lot of time went into testing them and they are capable of far more performance then advertised. Really glad to see your club moving over to them. LegoDEI is a really good guy and has a lot more cool things in development.

We will be running a dozen or so of these this weekend at the San Diego battle day (Sun 7/19/20) and will be posting photos of the receivers in action.

Comment

Very cool Rubicon! We are enjoying tanking with these new IR receivers! Much more fun. I upgraded my Heng Long Stug III to the v6.0S system so that I could IR battle with it. Came out great!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0868.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	159.0 KB ID:	264366

Comment

Hey all, I've just finished some more testing with a new prototype variant receiver. The main modification was re-orienting the LEDs to point radially outwards instead of vertically. Since most of the light from the LED is emitted parallel to it's axis, this has the effect of increasing light output around the rim of the receiver in exchange for less output at the top. This is a favorable trade since if you're looking down at the receiver, it means you're most likely close to your tank, meaning the LEDs do not have to be very bright from that angle. The increased lateral light output should allow for much better visibility at long range. Sorry for low image quality, but it's *really* hard to take focused pictures of bright LEDs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	1.62 MB ID:	267217

Comment

Originally posted by LegoDEI View Post
                                      Hey all, I've just finished some more testing with a new prototype variant receiver. The main modification was re-orienting the LEDs to point radially outwards instead of vertically. Since most of the light from the LED is emitted parallel to it's axis, this has the effect of increasing light output around the rim of the receiver in exchange for less output at the top. This is a favorable trade since if you're looking down at the receiver, it means you're most likely close to your tank, meaning the LEDs do not have to be very bright from that angle. The increased lateral light output should allow for much better visibility at long range. Sorry for low image quality, but it's *really* hard to take focused pictures of bright LEDs.

Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	1.62 MB ID:	267217
                                      Good to see you moving forward with these they are sure to be a solid improvement. Now we need to get together so I can acquire several from you as upgrades to my current inventory.

Comment

I heartily endorse the horizontal orientation, which you set on mine.
                                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by karltrek View Post
                                          Very cool Rubicon! We are enjoying tanking with these new IR receivers! Much more fun. I upgraded my Heng Long Stug III to the v6.0S system so that I could IR battle with it. Came out great!

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0868.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	159.0 KB ID:	264366
                                          Brand new to this hobby. I have the same vehicle and have been wanting to add IR capability to it. I would appreciate it if you would go into detail on how you did your mods. Where you mounted your emitter for example. Did you keep the airsoft function, etc... can I use the stock board or do I have to upgrade to the 6.0 board? Can I use the same controller or do I need a new one?

Comment

Working...
                                          X