Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
    Try Hansen Hobbies.
    Thanks Quityourbitchen, but I'm not seeing what I THINK I need.

I think I need something like this

FEMALE HEADER SOCKET <b>5 PIN<br />1X5</b> FEMALE RECEPTACLE<br />STRAIGHT .1" CENTERLINE<br />(2.54mm Pin Spacing)<br />SINGLE ROW MATES WITH<br />.025" SQUARE POST HEADERS<br />GOLD PLATED CONTACTS<br />PCB MOUNT SOLDER TAILS<br />.335" (8.5mm) BODY HEIGHT

But with long pins like this

<span>FEMALE HEADER SOCKET <strong>6</strong></span><b>&nbsp;PIN<br />1X6</b><span>&nbsp;FEMALE RECEPTACLE</span><br /><b>ELEVATED LONG TAILS</b><br /><span>STRAIGHT .1" CENTERLINE</span><br /><span>(2.54mm Pin Spacing)</span><br /><span>SINGLE ROW MATES WITH</span><br /><span>.025" SQUARE POST HEADERS</span><br /><span>.335" (8.5mm) BODY HEIGHT</span><br /><span>EXTENDED HEIGHT PINS</span><br /><span>.414" (10.5mm) TAIL LENGTH</span><br /><span>PCB MOUNT GOLD PLATED</span><br /><span>FOR BOARD STACKING</span><!-- featured --> <!-- Single Row Female Socket Strips --><!-- wire wrap sockets arduino female headers -->

But that has 6 pins, not 5. I realize I could just not use the extra pin if the rest of it is the right size.

Comment

• Dear All, couldn't get a clear reply from Etsy, so hope this to be more responsive. Could I get some more info on Legodei's anti-tank mine and pillbox ? Tried it out today, and the pillbox lights up when shot, which is the purpose. I suppose it doesn't have any hit points, and just confirms when being hit ? Anything else I should know ? Regarding the anti-tank mine, I noticed the two-shot protocol; it does fire two consecutive times, picked up by the IR receiver on my tank. What is the interval supposed to be between shots, and can it be modified ? I tried to shoot it, but it didn't indicate a hit (fyi jumpers still in place as delivered). Finally, is something supposed to trigger the fire function of the anti-tank mine (a hit received, proximity, etc) ? Sry for the bunch of questions, but couldn't figure out the finer details of their function based on the info on the pictures. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• The pill box has two modes, one which flashes once when hit, and one mode which flashes the hit count up to five and then resets on the next shot.
        To change modes you have to shoot it within a few seconds of turning it on.
        I just got my tank mine and it was missing the jumpers so I have not been able to use it much yet.
        From my understanding, the red LED should flash when it is hit and the return fire is triggered by the motion of the tank.
        Steve

Comment

• It's probably in this thread but where is a good site to buy all the plugs and wires for the lego ir receiver. I have 5 tanks to modify, not 700 which is the minimum amount the local retailer will sell me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sappo View Post
            It's probably in this thread but where is a good site to buy all the plugs and wires for the lego ir receiver. I have 5 tanks to modify, not 700 which is the minimum amount the local retailer will sell me.
            The LegDEI receivers come with the plugs last I was aware.

Comment

• I'm talking about the 5 pin plug to mount the receiver on my turret and the proper guage wire to extend the leads. I can only buy this in bulk rolls of about 200 meters

Comment

• Originally posted by Sappo View Post
                I'm talking about the 5 pin plug to mount the receiver on my turret and the proper guage wire to extend the leads. I can only buy this in bulk rolls of about 200 meters
                That all comes with the IR receiver. If for some reason it does not it’s all available on Amazon in small quantities. The wires are nothing special they only need to be rated to handle 3.5 volts. Basically you can reuse the factory wires if need. I have a few times and will again at some point.

Comment

• Hey Guys,

Wrapping up installing a LegoDEI HL 6.0 IR receiver in my HL Sherman and I have a few questions.

The IR receiver lights up while firing. Is this normal? I ask because I have regular LegoDEI IR receiver newly installed in my Clark TK40S equipped StuG and it does not light up while firing. So, am I missing something or is it normal for these two boards to have slightly different behaviors?

The next question concerns the wiring. My Sherman has 360 degree turret. Currently my IR receiver wires bypass the whole wiring harness and are ran directly to the MFU with 12" wires as suggested by Rubicon99 earlier in the thread. Inside the turret there is a medium sized board with a few things plugged into it. One of the plugs looks to be for stock HL IR receiver. Note I am NOT talking about the small board just below the hatch. I am talking about the board that the wires from there run to. Can I run my 3 plug wires to there instead of directly to the MFU?

Thanks, Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by OKC_Jim View Post
                    Hey Guys,

Wrapping up installing a LegoDEI HL 6.0 IR receiver in my HL Sherman and I have a few questions.

The IR receiver lights up while firing. Is this normal? I ask because I have regular LegoDEI IR receiver newly installed in my Clark TK40S equipped StuG and it does not light up while firing. So, am I missing something or is it normal for these two boards to have slightly different behaviors?

The next question concerns the wiring. My Sherman has 360 degree turret. Currently my IR receiver wires bypass the whole wiring harness and are ran directly to the MFU with 12" wires as suggested by Rubicon99 earlier in the thread. Inside the turret there is a medium sized board with a few things plugged into it. One of the plugs looks to be for stock HL IR receiver. Note I am NOT talking about the small board just below the hatch. I am talking about the board that the wires from there run to. Can I run my 3 plug wires to there instead of directly to the MFU?

Thanks, Jim
                    1. You have the LED plugged into the wrong slot. It be plugged into the headlights or tail lights slot.

2. It should not hurt using the three plug vs plugging directly into the MFU. Give it a try and if it work for you go with it. If not plug it directly into the IR receiver slot on the MFU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

1. You have the LED plugged into the wrong slot. It be plugged into the headlights or tail lights slot.
                      Sure enough! Thought I had double checked that.

Thanks Rubicon,

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

That all comes with the IR receiver. If for some reason it does not it’s all available on Amazon in small quantities. The wires are nothing special they only need to be rated to handle 3.5 volts. Basically you can reuse the factory wires if need. I have a few times and will again at some point.
                        Well, my receivers came without the plugs. Had to purchase them on https://heng-long-panzer.de/en/RC-El...C-Electronics/. Didn't make a comment on Etsy, as having them sent from the US to Europe would cost me import taxes again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonking24 View Post

Well, my receivers came without the plugs. Had to purchase them on https://heng-long-panzer.de/en/RC-El...C-Electronics/. Didn't make a comment on Etsy, as having them sent from the US to Europe would cost me import taxes again...
                          You can get them on amazon, your looking for JSTXH 2 and or 3 pin connectors if you want to crimp your own, or expansion wires have the plugs already crimped onto a length of wire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonking24 View Post

It depends on which variant is purchased, one has plugs and the other one does not, unless I made a mistake, which is also possible, in which case my apologies. I haven't shipped an order to Europe since December however, does it really take that long to get there?

Comment

• Originally posted by LegoDEI View Post

It depends on which variant is purchased, one has plugs and the other one does not, unless I made a mistake, which is also possible, in which case my apologies. I haven't shipped an order to Europe since December however, does it really take that long to get there?
                              That was most probably mine. Yes, got stuck in Customs for abt 8 weeks (X-mas period delays), and had to pay close to 100 USD custom and handling fees. Understandably I didn't want to experience same with the missing plugs. Meanwhile I have had the chance to test the receivers, with which I am very satisfied. Just requested some more info as per my first post (#122), regarding the anti-tank mine and pillbox.

Comment

• Oh wow that is an absolute exorbitant amount. Yeah definitely cheaper to acquire any missing wires or plugs locally, I can provide a partial reimbursement for the trouble if you contact me on etsy.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Sherman.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	302807

My Sherman with the LegoDEI IR Receiver. Mount is made from PVC tube and is attached to the tank with a magnet.

Comment

• Hello, Just got done attaching the LegoDEI IR reciever. Is it supose to stay lighted constantly and is it supose to flash when hit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post
                                      Hello, Just got done attaching the LegoDEI IR reciever. Is it supose to stay lighted constantly and is it supose to flash when hit?
                                      It should be able to turn of with your tanks lights and then flash along with the lights when hit. If it stays on when you turn the tanks lights off you have it plugged in wrong. Try removing the receivers, turn it 180 degrees and then plug it back in.

It can be used fully lighted without turning the tanks lights off and will flash when hit. But this is not normally done as it just screams here I am shoot me.

Lastly, when the tank is “destroyed” it will flash for a short time and turn on fully lighted once the tank restarts. You will have to turn the tanks lights off again to turn the hit indicator LEDS off. This is a function of the tanks lights which the power is drawn from and not the IR receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post
                                        Hello, Just got done attaching the LegoDEI IR reciever. Is it supose to stay lighted constantly and is it supose to flash when hit?
                                        If you want to have the light on constantly, then leave it that way. If you want to turn it off for battling so the opponent tank doesn't see you, then while pressing down the "G" button, move the left stick up. This will turn off the light. To turn on, you will need to do the same. Do not move the left stick down to turn off. This function will change your driving control.
                                        And yes, when the tank receive a hit, it will flash. After 6 flashes, it will be knock out. After 10-15 seconds, it will turn on again.You will need to press the "lock" button so it will flash at a low speed to let other know that your tank is out of action (and save battery too). At this mode, the engine is still of. When you want to restart the tank again for battling, press the "lock" one more time and it is ready to fight.

Comment

• Rubicon99/DavidN,

I know the example shows the IR RX connected to CN16 on a 6.0, I have a 7.0 which shouldn't matter right? Thank you for your tips and recommendation.

Comment

Working...
                                          X