Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks well clear enough.

Comment

Given how tiny the camera is I am not displeased. Sometimes it has pixelation but that is probably more lag than camera. The narrow fov keeps one from seeing any of the turret top. The only way you know you are at the commanders position is being above the gun barrel instead of below it as the driver is.

Comment

I was using the fpv cameras on my Challenger 2 today and ran into a problem. They overheat and shut down with surrounding temperatures in the 70s F. That is, of course, much better than melting, catching fire or some other permanent disaster but it means they are not much use in the warmer months.
        I was using them indoors with a room temperature of 72 F and they would shut down within 5 minutes. After a cool down they restarted fine but quickly shut off again.
        I moved the tank into my basement where the temperature was 62 F and that solved the problem. I suppose I could install a cooling fan but that cancels out the reason I chose these specific cameras, their small size.

Comment

Yeah, heating is a problem for VTX’s. I use them on r/c aircraft, and it’s always recommended to maximize airflow. The more powerful the VTX, the more heat is generated. One option is to get a separate camera and transmitter. Conceal the VTX and put a computer fan on it.
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
          X