X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Alpha!

Yeah, I tried that. The double button combo to set the amount of recoil works. It's just that it doesn't trigger when the BB is fired.

Comment

Redid the wheels and pulled the camo colours into them, a huge improvement. Now I can really call it done.

I ordered an assortment of resin figures from Aliexpress to put a crew together. It'll probably be while until they are here. Nice figures seem to be difficult to find in 1/16. either that or they are hugely expensive. So I will open a new topic once they arrived to discuss them.

Side note: I also found out what was wrong with the track recoil: It was a wire after all. I had the "double yellow" wire plugged into a wrong position on the board.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KingTiger6newwheels.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	267342

Comment

UltraVargen, Absolutely beautiful work! Truly well done. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Elbee!

Comment

Wow! That's really impressive. Beautifully done.

Comment

Thanks Prowler, happy you like how it turned out!
              ​​​

Comment

Great paint scheme! I tried it once on a smaller scale tank, it unfortunately ended up looking like a clown car. Yours came out great. I did notice the "worn left fender, beginning to show the underlying factory red brown primer" touch.
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Thanks Bob! Yeah, I can imagine this type of scheme to be a lot more difficult to pull off in a smaller scale.
                  ​​

Comment

Well in anticipation of Spring and in the hope MRC will by then get a restock on their tanks, I finally tinkered with the King Tiger for a bit again.

Installed the "fake" red motors. They seem to run fine with the wheels off the ground. I wonder how they'll perform in the wild.
                    I also installed a 360 turret ring. I noticed however when spinning around the slip gear sometimes kicks in. I think either cable gets stuck between the gears or perhaps the turret motor isn't attached securely anymore. Gonne have to open her up again to check.
                    As a last modification I took out the smoke unit and moved the speaker unit to the rear under the engine grilles. Hopefully I get a slightly bigger oomph in sound. Also I think it might leave more room for air to flow from the motors to the rear vents. But that's just speculation.

I also tried to take out the MFU to move it to the side, but there are no screws. It seems... glued in? I didn't want to pry it loose in fear of damaging the unit.

Comment

MFU is held on with either double sided tape or hot glue, your fine to pry it up If its the double sided foam tape that stuff is STICKY, so may require some force, fear not the MFUs are pretty robust. just slide a screwdriver blade under it and lift.

Comment

Thanks Vaseline I'll try that. Good to know the MFU is robust!

Comment

Working...
                        X