X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long gearboxes

I have a Tiger 1 with a plastic gearbox.
    I upgraded the tracks recently to metal with metal sprockets and idlers and the extra weight and traction sometimes causes the clutches in the gearboxes to slip.
    I would like to buy a steel gearbox to replace the plastic one.
    Looking on Motion's website I see several gearboxes in stock of different configurations but no clue as to which tanks they fit.
    Can anyone here tell me which one fits a Tiger 1?
    Thanks,
    ​​​​​​​Steve

Tiger I should be ML49 gearbox and you can use Red or Black/Blue motors.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HLTank_GearboxMotors.jpg Views:	0 Size:	234.4 KB ID:	272855

Comment

That's a good reference chart but for some reason Motion doesn't reference part numbers just descriptions like high/low short shaft etc.

Thanks,
      Steve

Comment

I guess “ML” means medium/low and “HL” means High/Low. I would also assume “59mm” is long shaft and “49mm” is short shaft. I don’t know this for a fact as it’s just an assumption. I don’t know if Motions tech support can verify this or not...

What Motion should do is list the correct gearbox in the spare parts for each tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
          I guess “ML” means medium/low and “HL” means High/Low. I would also assume “59mm” is long shaft and “49mm” is short shaft. I don’t know this for a fact as it’s just an assumption. I don’t know if Motions tech support can verify this or not...

What Motion should do is list the correct gearbox in the spare parts for each tank.
          You are correct: Long = 58/59, Short = 49

HL = high low, ML= mid low

Comment

So it appears my Tiger I needs a middle/low short shaft gearbox set.
            Thanks again,
            Steve

Comment

You can txt Dave a Forgebear and he will tell you what you will need.

Comment

Working...
              X