Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Hobby Squawk we pride ourselves on a respectful, peaceful place to commune with others about the RC hobby. Please make sure you are able to communicate your thoughts without offending other members. The old addage you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar is a general good lesson in life and in particular a forum community.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Yes guys I see that it’s ok to continuously say that my experience isn’t the case to to blow it off as a one time experience and that you all then slide your comments of what a good company Toucan is. So what I am absolutely putting done is the double standard. You all seem to love this company and don’t like that they are actually scam artists. Or that I say they are scam artists. And can’t help but continue to rebuttal that fact. So I simply said It’s really nice that you all have had such great experiences but it is also important to note that your experiences are not the only ones that matter. It is NOT a isolated incident as many others online have voiced similar complaints and we are allowed to voice what a crappy scam artists company they are just as much as you all come out to cheer for them.

Sorry about the word not to be named before bobs name isn’t about Bob. That would be if I wrote Bob was being a little ...... but that’s not the context in which I used it nor did I even write it.
      but I do love the Double standard of having every one state that the way I was treated was a isolated incident or that toucan doesn’t do that and they are the best. And because I stand up and say NO I get to tell my story too. And it actually isn’t isolated and many people have had this same issue and I’m glad toucan sends out pom poms for their cheerleaders and cheer all you want but your opinions are not the only ones allowed.

You all get to say you’re opinion. But so do I.

So let’s not act like Blindly one-sided people that don’t like different opinions than theirs.
      There’s plenty of people that have had a great experience with that company such as yourselves but that does not make them in fallible and that doesn’t mean that I wasn’t screwed over by an evil piece of crap company I respect that you had a good experience so mind your business and respect that I had a bad one

Comment

Originally posted by JRGreenwood View Post
        Sorry about the word not to be named before bobs name isn’t about Bob. That would be if I wrote Bob was being a little ...... but that’s not the context in which I used it nor did I even write it.
        Wonder what the dots mean this time. Seems sorta personal.
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Okay, taking this train of thought in a more constructive manner, JR im sorry you had such a bad experince with Toucan,but moving forward what can we do to help you get your tank up and rolling?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Wonder what the dots mean this time. Seems sorta personal.
            Bob ignore the statements aimed at you. You said nothing wrong anywhere in this thread. For some reason he is just focusing on you which is kinda funny to those of us that have had an opportunity to meet and talk with you. JRG is pissed about his transactions with Toucan and that’s ok. At this point nothing any of us say unless we totally agree with him will matter.

JRGreenwood. Given you had a bad experience. Toucan is not perfect, God knows I have had a few returns and warranty issues with them over the last 5-6 years. But all things considered Toucan is far and above other retailers in fair pricing , AVAILABILITY and customer service.

@ Everyone reading this: Unlike a lot of tank forums we are pretty civil with each other here on HS so please let’s not start the pointing finger and calling names thing that makes folks not want to be here. This thread is the first one I have seen on the HS tank forum that has gotten to this point and I have been here since before the forum went live and have read every post since.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaseline View Post
              Okay, taking this train of thought in a more constructive manner, JR im sorry you had such a bad experince with Toucan,but moving forward what can we do to help you get your tank up and rolling?
              This is the important thing. What are the exact problems and how can we all help solve them.

Comment

Motion RC pages are now listing additional TORRO tanks, beside Heng Long, but still out of stock though..
                Wow, TORRO tanks are almost twice the cost of Heng Long tanks..

Comment

Originally posted by ArmorBolt View Post
                  Motion RC pages are now listing additional TORRO tanks, beside Heng Long, but still out of stock though..
                  Wow, TORRO tanks are almost twice the cost of Heng Long tanks..
                  And Tamiya's are twice the cost of Torro's. Something for everyone....

I have to have that Sturmtiger

Comment

More out of stock tanks listed. I sure hope they'll get some actual stock in at some point.

Comment

Maybe they can add Hooben out of stock tanks too? Sorry, had to say it.

For those familiar with Torro, what do you know about their IR system? They call it proprietary, but is it compatible with either Heng Long or Tamiya's? If not, can it be modified? How are their transmitters configured - extra buttons for functions, or combinations of stick positions? How about upgrade paths or accessories? Any hard info you can share would be appreciated.
                      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                        Maybe they can add Hooben out of stock tanks too? Sorry, had to say it.

For those familiar with Torro, what do you know about their IR system? They call it proprietary, but is it compatible with either Heng Long or Tamiya's? If not, can it be modified? How are their transmitters configured - extra buttons for functions, or combinations of stick positions? How about upgrade paths or accessories? Any hard info you can share would be appreciated.
                        Hooben......LOL on that one.

Torro is Taigen

Torro is not 6.0-7.0 HL or Tamiya compatible. It can be made to be with the addition of a second aftermarket “board” to the main MFU, but the IR performance tend to be a bit “spotty”. By the time all is done it is about the same price as just replacing the Torro MFU with a 6.1 HL system.

Also the HL 6.0 -7.0 has better all around handling performance, but the Torro if memory serves can also use a hobby grade TX vs the cheap HL TX only. Depending on the quality and features of hobby grade TX used the handling gap could be easily closed.

Since Torro is largely a super high end HL and shares A LOT of the same parts upgrading their tanks is rather easy but rarely necessary as they usually come with quality parts from the factory.

Comment

UltraVargen yah I started looking at these since September it’s getting quite crazy how just some shipping delays can last almost a year since they’ve been out of stock and also now I’ve been looking at toucan and if anyone has got these versions of henglong tanks from them but how is the FPV on them and what app is it that you download on the App Store it doesn’t specify in the description

And that’s on the FPV versions of heng long tanks

also I don’t know why but I wasn’t getting emails for hobby squawk so for a while I never knew anyone else said anything here
                          Last edited by Masonmac95reallywantsatank; May 11, 2021, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I am new. I have a question regarding Toucan. Normally, how long does it take for their people to respond to your email? I had emailed them twice regarding an available tank for purchase and still no response. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
                              Hello,

I am new. I have a question regarding Toucan. Normally, how long does it take for their people to respond to your email? I had emailed them twice regarding an available tank for purchase and still no response. Thank you!
                              It can be a few hours to a few days. It all depends when you emailed them and how clear you were in the email. Their is a language barrier that has to be overcome sometimes. Though generally this can be worked through.

Comment

Thank you for the info. I emailed them about the purchase yesterday morning. I also emailed them on Tuesday about a tank I ordered with metal road wheels and it arrived with plastic wheels. I attached the invoice and the description showing the tank was ordered with metal road wheels. They haven’t responded to both.

Comment

Thank you for the info. I emailed them about the purchase yesterday morning. I also emailed them on Tuesday about a tank I ordered with metal road wheels and it arrived with plastic wheels. I attached the invoice and the description showing the tank was ordered with metal road wheels. They haven’t responded to both.
                                  Did you buy through EBay? If so did you message them through EBay?

Comment

I bought my tank by working with one of the rep thru Toucan. I think they made a mistake in selling me the tank with metal road wheels for the price without the metal road wheels. I did ask that I wanted to buy with metal road wheels. I emailed them about the issue on Tuesday. On Wednesday morning I emailed them about a new tank I was interested in purchase. I re-emailed again Wednesday night. I hope just because of that mistake issue that they ignore to send the wheels and don’t want to deal with me anymore.

Comment

I bought my tank by working with one of the rep thru Toucan. I think they made a mistake in selling me the tank with metal road wheels for the price without the metal road wheels. I did ask that I wanted to buy with metal road wheels. I emailed them about the issue on Tuesday. On Wednesday morning I emailed them about a new tank I was interested in purchase. I re-emailed again Wednesday night. I hope just because of that mistake issue that they ignore to send the wheels and don’t want to deal with me anymore.
                                      Did you buy it through Toucan on EBay? Or directly through their company website?

Comment

Toucan company directly.

Comment

Toucan company directly.
                                          Ok. Then it will take a longer to hear back. They’re not as accountable to being “watched” like EBay does for users.

I would have advised buying only through EBay. At least you could get backing to have the issues addressed or leave the dredging “negative” feed back which Toucan HATES and does get their attention FAST.

Comment

Working...
                                          X