X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New β€œ7.0” Heng Long tanks !!!

The new 7.0 series tanks are starting to show up on eBayπŸ‘πŸ‘. If so maybe that might🀞mean easy swapping over to servo recoil and elevation like with the 6.1s or the tanks coming with both from the factory, plus maybe hopefully 🀞 improved battle functions.

The price point is slightly higher but if there is a performance gain, it should be well worth it.

That is great news. Have you heard anything about any additional models? I'm have a hard dropping $600 for a Taigen, Torro or Tamyia JS-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Olddowl53 View Post
      That is great news. Have you heard anything about any additional models? I'm have a hard dropping $600 for a Taigen, Torro or Tamyia JS-2.
      Nothing about new models but I have my finger crossed and hoping for some β€œCold War” era armor like an M48, M60, Bradley,Type74, AMX30 or even a Leopard 1 if they insists on making more German armor LOL.

Comment

I'm wondering..will the 6.1S MFU work with my existing 6.0 transmitters? I have six spares!
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
          I'm wondering..will the 6.1S MFU work with my existing 6.0 transmitters? I have six spares!
          Yes it will.

Comment

Good news that 7.0 is out, meanwhile here I am still waiting for a single friggin v6.0 tank to be in stock on the MotionRC website...

Comment

Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post
              Good news that 7.0 is out, meanwhile here I am still waiting for a single friggin v6.0 tank to be in stock on the MotionRC website...
              Don’t wait for Motion there are other suppliers that sell at reasonable prices with good CS.

Comment

From reading the descriptions of several of the new 7.0 version tanks that Toucan has on Ebay I can see no advantage to them.
                They have only two sound options compared to four on the 6.0 version and other than that I see nothing different with the exception of the prices being much higher.
                The 7.0 MFU boards are available separately and are way cheaper than both the 6.0 and the 6.1 boards.
                What am I missing here?
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                  From reading the descriptions of several of the new 7.0 version tanks that Toucan has on Ebay I can see no advantage to them.
                  They have only two sound options compared to four on the 6.0 version and other than that I see nothing different with the exception of the prices being much higher.
                  The 7.0 MFU boards are available separately and are way cheaper than both the 6.0 and the 6.1 boards.
                  What am I missing here?
                  Steve
                  I can’t speak for sure to all the changes as I don’t have mine in yet. Can only hope they added some of the 6.1s features. From the looks of the 7.0 it β€œappears” it is FPV leaning features wise. If so kinda a waist in hobby tanks IMO, but HL is a TOY tank company first and foremost.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                    Which one is that that has only two sound sets? The 7.0 tanks I'm looking at on eBay (Toucan) are listed as having four sets.
                    EDIT: Looks like the most expensive ones are listed as having four sets, while the other versions list it as two sets. I assume one of the two is in error. I can't imagine they produce two versions of the 7.0 unit.

I wonder how MRC will handle this as they are still to get their new supply of tanks in: Will those be 7.0 or the advertised 6.0?
                    With this new development I'm strongly leaning to ordering my next tank from Toucan. I wasn't in a hurry last year, but it's been eight months now that MRC has been saying that the new delivery will come "soon". The reason I prefer ordering from MRC is their customer service. They quickly and very kindly solved two issues I had, which to me as a customer means a lot.

Toucan has a video on Youtube but it doesn't show much. Adjustable turning-radius looks nice though. But they only demonstrate two sound sets. Also looks like no barrel recoil? But maybe that's because this is the most basic version?

Comment

Well, given that my current 6.0 t-34 / 85, with airsoft, has all gun recoil occur first, followed by the sound of the gun firing; no gun recoil at all is an improvement!

Comment

true.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraVargen View Post
                          The reason I prefer ordering from MRC is their customer service.
                          If it helps any, I have now ordered from Toucan 3 times. Had 1 small issue that they replied rapidly too and the fix is supposed to be heading my way. In other words, their customer service so far seems good.

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Jim View Post

If it helps any, I have now ordered from Toucan 3 times. Had 1 small issue that they replied rapidly too and the fix is supposed to be heading my way. In other words, their customer service so far seems good.
                            I had one experience with them involving allegedly "fake" red 390 motors. It was very specific though, as I tried to explain to them that the motors I bought of them were probably not official Heng Long motors. The language barrier was a big issue here, and in the end I just gave up. They did seem very sincere though, and on these forums here I only read good things about them.

I just pulled the trigger a couple minutes ago and ordered my second tank through them. A 6.0 Sherman comparable to the Pro version that MRC used to offer. there was no 7.0 version available, and at any rate I want more info about the 7.0 first. I also ordered a set of metal roadwheel-assemblies and a long type "Fury"-style barrel that they had listed. This will be a nice project while I wait for MRC to get new stock in (I still really want that T-34!).

Comment

Found some further info for version 7.0 from ToucanHobby..

"It’s a little different from 6.0 version, two sounds system, can control the self-rotate of the tank, braking strength adjustment, reduces or increase the turning circle, switch for the self-rotate and bb shooting, can restore the factory settings etc"

Comment

The T34s all seem to be shipping with the 7.0 system. Should have bought that first.
                                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info ArmorBolt ! To be honest, it doesn't sound bad or anything. It actually looks to have more options than 6.0, right?

I wonder what the two sound sets are?

To be honest, I don't even know which sets in the 6.0 correspond to which tank. Only the Tiger set I recognize, which seems to be used for any WW2 tank in the Heng Long arsenal. The others I assume are modern tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraVargen View Post
                                    Thanks for the info ArmorBolt ! To be honest, it doesn't sound bad or anything. It actually looks to have more options than 6.0, right?

I wonder what the two sound sets are?

To be honest, I don't even know which sets in the 6.0 correspond to which tank. Only the Tiger set I recognize, which seems to be used for any WW2 tank in the Heng Long arsenal. The others I assume are modern tanks.
                                    The other soundsets are the Leopard 2, the T-90, and the Abrams. The Abrams is most recognizable of the modern offerings for the turbine whine, and the T-90 can be picked out by it's distinctive turbo (I think?) sounds when coming down into idle after movement. It also sounds a little more like it has some more bass and low-frequency sound going on, iirc (it's been way too long since I've driven my tanks, unfortunately). The Leopard doesn't sound particularly distinct to me, so I just remember it as not being any of the other three haha.

Comment

So judging from the video that demonstrates the two 7.0 sound sets it seems to be the Tiger and Abrams sets are included.

Comment

Originally posted by oldwolf View Post
                                        Well, given that my current 6.0 t-34 / 85, with airsoft, has all gun recoil occur first, followed by the sound of the gun firing; no gun recoil at all is an improvement!
                                        Just pretend that the tank is far away, so you see the recoil first before the sound reaches you. That's HL hyper-realism for you! πŸ˜‰ Can't help you with the fact that the barrel retracts slowly then snaps forward, though. 😏
                                        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Working...
                                        X