• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Dai
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
      Thanks Dai
      He is the co-owner of Toucan. I have been trying to get him become a vendor here in the US for Ky Models ( model ships). Dai

Comment

I found this picture on eBay, it's the back of a 6.1S MFU. The available functions are listed there. It'd be nice if someone who gets a 7.0 tank shares what MFU is included, and perhaps what's listed on the back for comparison. Click image for larger version

Name:	HL 6.1S.jpg
Views:	1960
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	296307
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Toucan promoted the 7.0 on their Facebook. They are pretty cheap. So I asked if the 7.0 MFU works with a 6.0 transmitter, and the answer was no. You need the 7.0 transmitter.
          I also asked if the 7.0 has servo options and support for barrel smoke. Unfortunately no answer to that question. I'm assuming it doesn't have these options.

Like Bob above here says: is there anyone with this information?

Comment

There are HL 7.0 MFU's on EBay that are priced under $25.00 but to me they look like the old RX-18 boards.
            I'm not sure if these are the boards in the new 7.0 tanks or not.
            I still have not seen where the new 7.0 tanks have any real advantage over the 6.0 or 6.1 equipped ones.
            I just converted one of the static HL Stug III's using the 6.1s board and it has servo recoil,servo elevation and muzzle flash.
            Lots of wiring to stuff in that little hull but it works great.
            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
              There are HL 7.0 MFU's on EBay that are priced under $25.00 but to me they look like the old RX-18 boards.

Steve
              To confirm this, one version of the old 27mhz boards says "TK-RX18 V7.0: on it - bottom line, if anyone sees "V.7" on a cheap tank or board, it's NOT a 2.4 ghz board!

Comment

Originally posted by UltraVargen View Post
                I had one experience with them involving allegedly "fake" red 390 motors. It was very specific though, as I tried to explain to them that the motors I bought of them were probably not official Heng Long motors. The language barrier was a big issue here, and in the end I just gave up. They did seem very sincere though, and on these forums here I only read good things about them.
                What is the issues with the allegedly "fake" red 390 motors? Does it have the performance of the real one when it is new? The issue are more the brand and longer term durability?

I am trying to get a pair of the red motors for a Leopard2A6 6.0 metal version from Tuncan. If you have a good supplier, please, let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                  What is the issues with the allegedly "fake" red 390 motors? Does it have the performance of the real one when it is new? The issue are more the brand and longer term durability?

I am trying to get a pair of the red motors for a Leopard2A6 6.0 metal version from Tuncan. If you have a good supplier, please, let me know. Thanks.
                  The big issue is that the β€œfake” motors are not rated for voltage above 7.2. This means they overheat and burn themselves out rather fast.

Toucan typically sells authentic HL parts but even then you could end up with a set of the underperforming red 390 motors.

Your better beat is to buy Taigen blk 390 motors with the 3:1 gearbox pinion. You will have to reuse your HL bullet plugs ends. Easy enough to splice them onto the Taigen wires. These motors can found on Taigen tanks web site.

Comment

Are the 7 boards actually an upgrade over 6.1s? Can you use lipo batteries? If not am I better off getting a 6.0 tank and upgrading it to 6.1s so I can avoid transmitter issues and use better batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by KidWeaBoo View Post
                      Are the 7 boards actually an upgrade over 6.1s? Can you use lipo batteries? If not am I better off getting a 6.0 tank and upgrading it to 6.1s so I can avoid transmitter issues and use better batteries?
                      The 7.0 is not a upgraded over the 6.1S. It is actually more less an offshoot of a 6.0 with a few slightly different driving features. Also the 7.0 went back to the old option of only two engine sounds not the 4 of the 6 series.

Both the 6s and 7 can run 2 cell Lipos without any issues and are rated for voltage up to 12.6 (peak 3 cell Lipo output). Though I would not advise running a 3 cell Lipo in them accept in the low power mode if you want the 6 or 7 to last let alone your tanks gearboxes and tracks.

The 6.1S can easily run 2 or 3 cell Liops as it has a higher amp rating. I would still advise not to run a 3 cell Lipo battery in anything except in low power mode. There really is no need for the higher 12 volt output even with upgraded 390 motors. Well unless you want a tank that is super fast and practically uncontrollable....LoL

Comment

Here is my spec sheet for my custom order from the Heng Long factory. The factory didn't have green so I have the yellow camo. 7.0 board was not recommend for my build because it was lower amps. The factory recommended 6.1s 160amps to run a heavy metal tank properly. Basically ordered ever option you can get except no gun barrel stabilizers and barrel flash ( BB or LED) I chose BB.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                          I'm wondering..will the 6.1S MFU work with my existing 6.0 transmitters? I have six spares!
                          Are you interested in selling any of your spare?

I have a first generation Tiger and a Pershing, both upgraded to version 5.3 2.4G from the original 27MHz. I am interested in more RC upgrade of these old tanks to the version 6.0. I am looking to buy used hardware.

Comment

Time and cost would make this impractical. Sorry.

Comment

I just bought a second tank HL Leopard 2A6 and it's a 7.0. I also have the M1A2 6.0S that i got a few weeks ago. The 7.0 is a little different. On the 7.0 control the sound change buttons are programmable function switches now, so it only has one sound where my Abrams has four different sounds. So far I haven't opened the hull up, but will next week when the red motors show up. I will take pictures and upload them of MFU for you guys. So far the functions are the same, wife and I had our first tank battle yesterday.

Both of my tanks came with upgraded metal sprockets and idler wheels with metal tracks also metal gear boxes from a seller on Amazon for 289 USD about 316 final price. So in my mind not bad. Been looking at R/C tanks for years, but was always out of my price range until recently. I just wish there was a community to play with where I live.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210402_201208.jpg
Views:	1259
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	306952

Comment

Best I could do for a picture. The MFU is glued down to the top of the battery box now so can't take it out unless I want to cut it out.

Comment

Good info. I wonder if you could post a shot of the one manual page that shows the socket assignments?

Price seems fair - the metal components you got makes for an excellent setup, one I go for when possible.

Comment

As requested. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210403_145729.jpg
Views:	1741
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	307132

Comment

Everyone throw away your 7.0 boards! There's a 7.1 in the works! Well, throw them my way..

Seriously, thanks for posting. There's a lot of new functions listed on the board.

Comment

Thanks Sapper5g !

So 7.1 will have many new functions. I wonder what CN14 Extension function interface means?

Comment

Working...
                                          X