Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine supports FPV as well which I may invest in soon.

Comment

Hello All, I'm new to the RC tank scene. this has me wondering should I get the $200 Metal Track 6.0 or $160 stock 7.0 Tiger I. is there a good source for affordable metal tracks and drive/idler wheels? Thank you for any input.

Comment

Originally posted by HorribleHarry View Post
        Hello All, I'm new to the RC tank scene. this has me wondering should I get the $200 Metal Track 6.0 or $160 stock 7.0 Tiger I. is there a good source for affordable metal tracks and drive/idler wheels? Thank you for any input.
        Buy it with the 6.0 and metal tracks. You can’t get metal tracks for $40 and the 6.0 is overall just as good if not better in some ways then 7.0 system.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Buy it with the 6.0 and metal tracks. You can’t get metal tracks for $40 and the 6.0 is overall just as good if not better in some ways then 7.0 system.
          it seems you may know about the 6.0 well, I was wondering what are the 4 sound systems? I know of the abrams, leopard, and tiger (king tiger or Tiger 1????) but idk the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid_McNasty View Post

it seems you may know about the 6.0 well, I was wondering what are the 4 sound systems? I know of the abrams, leopard, and tiger (king tiger or Tiger 1????) but idk the other one.
            I believe it's Tiger I, Leopard, Abrams and T90
            Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1970 View Post

I believe it's Tiger I, Leopard, Abrams and T90
              wow, thats nice, making me want the 6.0 even more, especially since its not located in china from toucans store, only tiger 1 with upgrades and 7.0 board are in china, takes like 2 months lol, ik this entire thread has been about it, but it that turning circle radius (for realism in WW2 tanks) worth the 7.0 board? the easy FPV also seems nice

Comment

I used to have 15 static tanks for display. They are now converted to RC with all have 6.0S main boards inside. I burned 3 boards at the beginning. The three are still functional, but some features were damaged. One has the machine gun light plug no longer working. Two have the gun lifting function damaged.

Comment

Soo the newer version 7.0 has less sound effects? If so, wouldn't everyone want the 6.0 versions. Or am I not understanding something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Schaeffer View Post
                    Soo the newer version 7.0 has less sound effects? If so, wouldn't everyone want the 6.0 versions. Or am I not understanding something.
                    The 7 has other options the 6 does not. Most though find these option less desirable then engine / gun sound options of the 6. Both drive the tank very well.

Comment

Can't really find any 6.0 for sale without metal tracks. Might have to just get the 7.0 now and convert it to 6.0 later or something.

Comment

Can't really find any 6.0 for sale without metal tracks. Might have to just get the 7.0 now and convert it to 6.0 later or something.
                        Just get a 7 you will be happy. They drive the same which is the most important part.

Comment

I wanted a Stug III running 6.0S and couldn't find one, so I asked one of my favourite sellers on AliExpress and they sourced one for me straight from the factory. I am sure they could hook you up if you asked.
                          Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Just get a 7 you will be happy. They drive the same which is the most important part.
                            The 7 drives smoother imo, the sound board quality also much better but only offer Tiger 1 and T90 sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dug180 View Post

The 7 drives smoother imo, the sound board quality also much better but only offer Tiger 1 and T90 sounds.
                              Depends on which tank and final set up/build out = upgraded motors, upgraded tracks, higher volts and overall weight balance after all upgrades.

For big WW2 tanks like Tigers, Panthers and KV, I would say the 7.0 has a few β€œtuning” advantages to make the tanks drive more like a heavy WW2 tank. With modern tanks like the Abrams, Leopard, Challenger and T72/90 the 6.0/6.1s are a better choice.

I run both generation 6 and 7, heck I even have a few 5s. The 7 just is not that big of an β€œupgrade” as the 6 was over the old 5.2/3 systems. The 7 is definitely a step back when compared to the 6.1S and all the features it has for upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                              X