X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
    Rubicon99 , the metal M41/M26 return rollers just showed up. I take it you simply measure and cut down the original metal support and jam the metal assembly into the support tube?
    Pretty much that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Pretty much that simple.
      Copy that, thanks!!

Comment

Rubicon99 Finally got some time on this, just to be clear, do you cut off the stepped section with the thread, then possibly enlarge the opening to insert the M41 rollers by its shaft with friction/CA? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210625_170145.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	316932

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
          Rubicon99 Finally got some time on this, just to be clear, do you cut off the stepped section with the thread, then possibly enlarge the opening to insert the M41 rollers by its shaft with friction/CA? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210625_170145.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	316932
          Yes I removed the shaft and did a some fitting as needed.

Comment

Rubicon99 Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

Rubicon99 I know it's an old thread, and I don't know how I misplaced the return rollers for 6+ months, but they were in one of my drawers so I ended up fitting them since I had some time. Thanks again for the tips. BTW, the DKLMRC tracks were throwing on the Leo 2, but they seemed just fine on the HL Abrams.

BTW, the OP's problem & mine could actually be solved differently, the problem is that when the factory glued in the roller's shaft into the "pocket", there's either debris inside the pocket or the person simply didn't seat it home, hence the mounted roller extended slightly and the guide teeth ride on the roller. With some heat on the shaft, the shaft can be removed from the plastic housing and ground down from behind, reseat the shaft+roller and be done. But I like the practicality of the replacement.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0013.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.3 KB ID:	334472

Comment

Sorry to jump in on a track issue. I have question about new metal tracks on my HL M1A2 Pro. On first runs it seems the metal tracks are very slippery on cold grass. No dirt or mud, snow yet. Is this realistic action or is there something I can do to get more grip like rough up the tracks or just keep using them and they will get better traction as they get roughed up?
                THX

Comment

Originally posted by JLaw157 View Post
                  Sorry to jump in on a track issue. I have question about new metal tracks on my HL M1A2 Pro. On first runs it seems the metal tracks are very slippery on cold grass. No dirt or mud, snow yet. Is this realistic action or is there something I can do to get more grip. THX
                  The metal pads on those tracks are rubber blocks on the real tank and quite a bit grippier. There are after market sellers that produce tracks with rubber blocks.

Comment

So making the metal track option is kind of bogus? I can fix this issue. I realize i'm in the RC world and things don't work as in real life. Thx for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by JLaw157 View Post
                      So making the metal track option is kind of bogus? I can fix this issue. I realize i'm in the RC world and things don't work as in real life. Thx for the reply.
                      Well, not entirely bogus. The rest of the track is mostly metal on the real thing and the metal tracks you got are sturdy, just not grippy. After market metal tracks with rubber pads will just be better. It seems to me there are at least three different after market makers of track with rubber pads, some better than others so you probably want to take your time deciding which to get.

One good thing about low friction tracks. If you are just getting into the hobby, tracks that lose traction keep from passing stress on to the rest of the drive train. Not a bad thing when one is first getting used to running a model tank out doors.

Comment

I get that sir. Thx , and I will learn as i go. Slippery cold grass is hard for us all. I scuffed my tracks a bit with 60 grit. May help, may not. I do have an idea about the rubber pads.

Comment

My Abrams issue along with Leopard 2 and T 90 was that the idler wheel needed adjusting and the torsion arms needed tightening before operation. No issues there now that I have made these simple adjustments.

Comment

Working...
                          X