X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gents,

First time taking my M1 apart to prep for painting and when it came down to take the idler wheel off I can't pop the cap off. Tried to flick it off, pull it off with a Gerber tool with no luck. What would be the best method without causing further damage to cap? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post
      Gents,

First time taking my M1 apart to prep for painting and when it came down to take the idler wheel off I can't pop the cap off. Tried to flick it off, pull it off with a Gerber tool with no luck. What would be the best method without causing further damage to cap? Thank you
      Small drop of oil. Let it seep in then try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Small drop of oil. Let it seep in then try again.
        Thank you.....Something so simple and here I am trying to pull the cap off all night. lol

Comment

Any tips on how to make sure the hub caps don't fall out during battle? ( Metal and plastic).
          Attached Files

Comment

I use a rubber cement that comes with some of foam planes I’ve bought. Also good for sheet metal screws into plastic and the sheet metal screws into metal like the idler arms. I use loctite on machine screws like for drive wheels and the tanks that have machine screws into metal idler arms.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Evan D for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat 7 View Post
                Gents,

Does anyone have any advice regarding how to put the metal hub caps into the metal road wheels? They are a super tight fit! I’m worried about damaging my tank if i hit them with a hammer - i am unable to press-fit them.

(Newbie to the hobby here! Bought an Abrams from ToucanHobby which wouldn’t start up. Ended up taking it apart! Happy to share the details if anyone is interested!)

Comment

If you have small C-clamp, you could use a small piece of wood between the clamp and the wheel to press fit them on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchling88 View Post

I’m worried about damaging my tank if i hit them with a hammer
                    I hit them with a hammer................using a short 1/2" dowel as a punch

Comment

Working...
                    X