X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panzer IV Torro problem

got new Torro Panzer IV today from Motion RC. can't get the upper hull to unlatch from bottom using the switch. seems very tight. any ideas how to open without breaking the tank?

Mine was rather tight when new, it helps to have a 3rd hand. If you could have someone slides the bottom switch and keep it in place, then you can use both hands to hold & wiggle the rear portion of the fenders, with patience, upper hull should lift straight up.

Comment

sounds logical & worth a try switch seems to move left all the way with difficulty & hard to hold while trying to lift top off sure don't want to break the tank compared to other Torro tanks I have the camo is absolutely stunning

Comment

I find the mechanism is usually tight. I have one Leo 2 tightly latched down like your PZ4, and another Leo 2 even tighter to the point I cannot get the latches engaged when pressed down, I may have to shim those triangular pieces to lengthen them for proper engagement. However, I still prefer dealing with this quick release than using screws like the HL's. Good luck, that camo is nice. My PZ4 is the dirty whitewash version with winter tracks from Taigen.

Good luck. PZ4 runs a bit fast, at least the Taigen version that came with 390's

Comment

Guys , thank you for the information

Comment

GregH Several of my Torro hulls were also tight initially. They loosen up over time, although I prefer that seal to remain snug.

These Torros are a lot of fun. We're working through getting all these piles of spare parts photographed properly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06998.JPG
Views:	509
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	318686
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I haven't messed with it again for the moment---too busy elsewhere. I think the camo on this PanzerIV is a new version. Haven't seen it before. Got this 1 from Motion RC. I was wondering if they were ever going to have anything in stock. Imagine the gearing is 3:1 and will be faster than the tigers. Have to admit the finish is much nicer. Thanks for advice. Been watching Hobby Squawk for a while but just today got involved.

Comment

Alpha Does the Torro version include the 6-wire patch cables for use with after-market Rx? And which warehouse you ship from for No. America delivery?

Comment

sclui56 I'll let Alpha address the patch cable question but can inform you that USA shipments are made from Motion RC's IL distribution center.

Comment

finally got Torro Panzer IV open & running. Derek at Motion RC sent me a video showing how to open using 1 hand lifting on right bottom of fender with popped it loose. lifting on both sides as usual on other Torro/Taigen tanks won't work on this new version with all metal tub. this baby is really tight fitted & I put some teflon grease on the locking lugs which helps to smooth things up. this Panzer IV is a real beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by tanks for us View Post
                      finally got Torro Panzer IV open & running. Derek at Motion RC sent me a video showing how to open using 1 hand lifting on right bottom of fender with popped it loose. lifting on both sides as usual on other Torro/Taigen tanks won't work on this new version with all metal tub. this baby is really tight fitted & I put some teflon grease on the locking lugs which helps to smooth things up. this Panzer IV is a real beauty.
                      Great, you can now start enjoying it. Perhaps you could answer my question to Alpha - did your Torro come with the 6 patch cables for use with after-market Rx?

Comment

yes it came with aftermarket wiring kit. all the Torro/Taigen tanks come with it. would have answered sooner but didn't notice.

Comment

yes it came with aftermarket wiring kit. all the Torro/Taigen tanks come with it. would have answered sooner but didn't notice.
                          Thanks, I know the Taigen had them, just not sure about Torro. Now I do, thanks.Might p/u the Torro KT, that has been OOS at Taigen/IMEX, and the new shipment they got is the BB only.

Comment

does your panzer iv have a smoke on/off switch? i ordered 2 tanks from motion rc, a tiger 1 (early) and m4a3 sherman. both of them seem to have smoke units inside but neither of them have a smoke on/off switch as shown in the manuals. see attached picture of the bottom of the sherman.

additionally, the sherman i got does not respond to IR hits from the tiger, but it works the other way around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210717_181138130.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	319060

Comment

This is the IMEX/Taigen version of the PZ4, it did not have a separate switch for smoke. Since I use after-market Tx, I did;t want the smoke on whenever the tank is running, so I fitted a slider for it, since the switch is small, I had to rig the slider part longer so that it can be reached even with the recess. Notice the Taigen version also does not have charge plug installed. As an aside, I also have 2 Taigen Leo 2, one did not have smoke switch but the other has, I failed to see the pattern.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210717_144720[60474].jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.0 KB ID:	319066

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post

Thanks, I know the Taigen had them, just not sure about Torro. Now I do, thanks.Might p/u the Torro KT, that has been OOS at Taigen/IMEX, and the new shipment they got is the BB only.

Comment

smoke switch is on RC tx toggle switch on rifht side turns on & off. it used to be for the machine gun but the button next to it now machine gun

Comment

smoke switch is on RC tx toggle switch on rifht side turns on & off. it used to be for the machine gun but the button next to it now machine gun
                                    Yes, except I don't use the OEM Tx and cannot replicate undisclosed mixes that the factory uses for MG & smoke, so I have to use an inline On/Off, otherwise, the smoke will always run when the tank is on. I use hobby-grade Tx/Rx in order to program inertia, etc.

Comment

confusing I know. European versions have different setups for charging & switches than units imported here. newer versions have smoke switch on transmitter & some have both! none of mine can be charged on board even though they have the ports. Motion RC sent mine in the very nice wooden box which is the 1st time I got one. the INEX ones came in cardboard boxes.

Comment

confusing I know. European versions have different setups for charging & switches than units imported here. newer versions have smoke switch on transmitter & some have both! none of mine can be charged on board even though they have the ports. Motion RC sent mine in the very nice wooden box which is the 1st time I got one. the INEX ones came in cardboard boxes.
                                        That's one of the reasons I asked about the patch cables earlier, I know the Taigen & Torro come from same factory, however, they seem to package certain things differently. I guess I will get the wooden crate as well since I plan on getting the KT from Motion now that they have the IR version.

As for charging, I charge all batteries outside the tanks, so even if the port existed, it would be of no use in my case.

Comment

Working...
                                        X