Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So for an owner who is quite satisfied with the way the tank is operating, all items in that bag will probably go to my spare parts box .

Comment

Hey DavidN, did you mean to reply in a different thread? Not sure what the context is here

Comment

Thank you for your post James. I was the one who asked about the bags of wires that came with my new Torro Panzer IV box in post #36. Other members responded that they were for the different TX. I should have it in "quote".

Comment

DavidN,
          Yes if you like the way the tank performs with the factory set up, no need to use those parts.
          Steve

Comment

The use of hobby-grade Tx works for me since I hate accumulating so many Tx's, while I gave up the MG function (which could be added back rather inexpensively), I get to program for start up/slow down speed, inertia, etc, all using a single Tx for different tanks. Wished this bridged option is available on HL since I feel their v6+ boards are better than Torro/Taigen's v3's. I still have separate HL Tx's for each tank and am too cheap to unify them by changing out to something like Clark or Elmod.

Comment

Hi sclui56,
              I just got my first Torro tank (Sturmtiger) a week ago and am pretty happy with it so far but I do agree that the HL v6+ system is much better in terms of being able to drive the tank in a realistic manner.
              With the Torro I am always fighting the throttle to keep the tank at a scale speed and turns seem easier with the Heng Long tanks.
              How would you keep the machine gun sound when using a different Tx with Torro?
              Steve

Comment

Steve,

Depending on the tank, on smaller thanks such as the PZ4, I have tried to use the Tamiya 380's in place of the Taigen 390's, and it runs slightly more realistic. But when switched over to a hobby-grade Tx, the programming allows for more latitude. As for the MG, this tip came from Erik of Taigen https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dr-mad-t...ucts_analytics

This is the visual piece, and the sound piece is on that web page as well. I haven't done it simply b/c everytime I tried to order, it's OOS. Besides, the MG is not that high on my list ATM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
                  Another question, if you use a different TX, can anything be done to tone down the track recoil on a Torro tank?
                  I like to see a little movement when the cannon fires, but the Sturmtiger jumps way too much for a 70 ton tank.
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                    Thanks for the reply.
                    Another question, if you use a different TX, can anything be done to tone down the track recoil on a Torro tank?
                    I like to see a little movement when the cannon fires, but the Sturmtiger jumps way too much for a 70 ton tank.
                    Steve
                    Nothing much when using the v3 board, the only thing is ON/OFF in the Torro/Taigen track recoil, unlike the newer HL's.

Comment

Sureshot Taigen/Torro has tiny on/off switch in motherboard slot area & is slid to the left (think so) to turn off; printed on/off very small. I hate track recoil so I used micro screw driver to move switch. Have T90 HL with adjustable track recoil set to lowest setting which is ok. I like the 6.0S motherboard.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the switch! I don't think that was in the manual.
                        I don't mind seeing a tank move slightly when the cannon fires, so I keep my larger HL tanks at the lowest setting and some of the smaller ones at the second setting if it looks realistic.
                        The Torro recoil reminds me of the old HL 5.3 systems that really jumped.
                        I didn't realize how good the HL 6.0 system is until I bought a Torro
                        Steve

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6585.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	320252

Comment

Working...
                          X