Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven’t picked. Whichever makes the strongest upper hull with external stores.
    Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Wow, killer thread brother! Actually, if I ever get a 1/6 scale tank I think I would like this, those tigers get heavy at that scale! If not then maybe a Panzer III!

Comment

Originally posted by hypersloth View Post
        Wow, killer thread brother! Actually, if I ever get a 1/6 scale tank I think I would like this, those tigers get heavy at that scale! If not then maybe a Panzer III!
        Hypersloth, if you want to have a small 1/6 scale tank, there is a M5 US tank that was manufactured by 21st Century. It is 30 inches in length and 15 inches in width. I think it is still available on Ebay. Here is mine......

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8088A.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	328404Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8098A.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	328405

Comment

And if you want a small 1/6 German tank, then you can repaint it and make it a captured tank for the German side, lol.

Name:	IMG_8091A.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	328407

Name:	IMG_8094A.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	328408

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post

Hypersloth, if you want to have a small 1/6 scale tank, there is a M5 US tank that was manufactured by 21st Century. It is 30 inches in length and 15 inches in width. I think it is still available on Ebay. Here is mine......

Name:	IMG_8088A.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	328404Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8098A.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	328405
            That's killer! Did Patton ever command one? That would be cool. Sneak in his dog too!

Comment

Ok, back to our main project. My work so far on the external area and the turret gun and servo installation. I am crossing my finger every time I glue something regarding the RC function and hope things will match at all the joints for it the run by the end .

Name:	IMG_8103.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	328478

Comment

Good, now you’re the trailblazer! We’ve been away for a week.

Comment

More work was done on my Lynx last night. To save me time later, I decided to give a quick black paint on the tires first before putting the tracks and the sprockets on. I damaged a few track links but I was able to utilize them for the spare track rack in the front. I will start sanding off all the excesses from the sprue and then start airbrushing.

Name:	IMG_8104.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	328548

Comment

By the way, I haven't installed the headlights yet. would like to put two LED lights inside them. I have 2 extra LED lights from HL. Bob if you intend to put in the lights too and have any idea how to do it, when you get to this stage, kindly share this with me. I intend to bring it to the LA battle and ask some of the pros there to help out.

Comment

I painted the tank according to the chart in the kit from Classy Hobby as tank numbers 4121 Normandy 1944. I put on as many accessories on the tank as I could :-) I will try to weather it tomorrow. I would like to finish it this week so I can bring to the LA tank battle next Saturday to get some help on the LED headlight installation.

Name:	IMG_8105A.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	328599Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8106.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	328600

Comment

I've gotten the weathering done.

Name:	IMG_8155B.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	329000

Name:	IMG_8156A.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	329001

Comment

So David, have you got it running? Does the auto-cannon work? I've been distracted by other projects (T-35, Zik-20 and the camera tank) for the last two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                            So David, have you got it running? Does the auto-cannon work? I've been distracted by other projects (T-35, Zik-20 and the camera tank) for the last two weeks.
                            Not yet Bob. I don't have the type of battery with the two little plugs that was shown in the instruction. I am in process of looking for one. Does it have to be under 1500mAh? I will probably go to the local electrical store and ask them to help me this week.

Comment

Just solder on your own connectors. I used a 2-cell 850mah with common JST connectors. Haven’t connected the guns yet.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. Still I don't have any battery under 1500mAh :-(. This is quite new for me. I have to bring this whole tank to a friend so he can evaluate to make it run for me.

Comment

Just solder on your own connectors. I used a 2-cell 850mah with common JST connectors. Haven’t connected the guns yet.
                                  My friend helped me making the connection for the battery. We almost burn the board as the wiring with 35RC is the other way around. We got the tank to run, turret turning, and gun elevation. The rest, my friend told me to take it home and figuring it out myself :-)

Comment

Originally posted by okmarts2
                                    This tips which you provide are very useful.ABB HMI CP620It helps me significantly. Our company also provided engineerinf parts which you can buy it. I hope it will help you.
                                    What parts are you talking about? Do you have a website?

Comment

What parts are you talking about? Do you have a website?
                                      Don't feed the spammers, Bob. And don't click their links...
                                      Sherman M4A3 105mm Houwitser / Sherman Firefly IC *under construction* / Panzer IV *awaiting side-grade from TK7.0S to TK6.0S* / Stug III / King Tiger / KV-1 *awaiting upgrade to TK6.0S* / Tiger I / T34-85 / Leopard 2A6 *waiting upgrade to TK7.0*... No, I do not have a problem....

Comment

Yeah, I was more challenging than questioning. 👍

Comment

Finally got the electronics and turret mechanisms working, (No photos). Now to put on all the tiny little parts and paint it. Interesting recoil system on the auto-cannon. It's a solenoid and spring affair. The solenoid snaps the barrel back as it shoots, and a leaf spring returns it to battery.

This my first tank using a 4 channel (Spektrum) radio, takes some getting used to. Slow up and down for the elevation, fast up and down for mg and cannon firing. Throttle stick up to start, fast sideways and hold for 7 seconds to stop. I like flipping switches and pushing buttons better. Maybe there's a way to accomplish that?

Comment

Working...
                                          X