You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Tank Inbound- Torro Sherman (76mm)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACE.... Good idea! I will put a layer of dullcote over those areas after weathering it. Thanks!

Comment

Spray flat over the black or just get some OD and repaint the whole thing. Only one unit, I think 3d armored, used the black stripe on the 319 OD.
      best color match is MCW 319 olive Drab. Tamiya changed their color formula this year and added brown to it.
      RC tank parts and accessories I make
      www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
        ACE, take a look at this post, he essentially wrote the step-by-step programming with clear explanation at that http://rctanksaustralia.com/forum1/v....php?f=32&t=57

When you reach that stage, be mindful to setup a fail safe cause your tank will not stop on the dime depending on the mix, so you need an abrupt means to stop movement, if necessary.
        This is great, thanks! Definitely going to give it a go. I’m still waiting on the tank to arrive but I’m trying to get my TX set up as much as I can in the meantime. The AT9S Pro has modes for “Acrobasic” and “Car type”. I’ve read that acro/Acrobasic is usually the best for tanks since there’s little to no mixing. “Car type” is certainly closer to a tank but not sure if it’ll keep all the channels active that I’ll need for the tank

Comment

Since Motion charges $10.99 + shipping for the unpainted upper with lighting & turret motor, I just grabbed one and paint it. Whatever OD I'll get will be slightly different than Taigen's (already went thru a few brands/codes from my friend, still no cigar). The Taigen's 76 seems quite a bit darker & lacks brown.

Comment

Proper OD 319 which was used from 1944 onward did not have any brown in it. Mig and other brands have some close OD colors but you don’t want one with any brown in it if you want to be accurate.
            RC tank parts and accessories I make
            www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
              Proper OD 319 which was used from 1944 onward did not have any brown in it. Mig and other brands have some close OD colors but you don’t want one with any brown in it if you want to be accurate.
              Thanks Rich, yes, OD 319, which is what I will use for the replacement hull. Still looking for something close to Taigen's 76 OD to take away the black blobs.

Comment

Go with Rich. Choose a color and paint the whole thing. It's no harder than painting part of your tank, and you'll never get a 100% match. And, if you change something, you'll know the color to use. I've done this with my KV. The original turret and the 85 turret, as well as the upcoming Zik-20 conversion are all the same base color. Also, paint it , then spray the clear flat before you weather it. That way, if you're using washes, thinners or other substances you won't affect the base coat.
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Yes Bob, sometimes it is easier to do the whole piece. Thanks for the reminder on the clear flat.

Comment

Just placed an order for a TK40 (SBUS version) and a Visaton FRWS 5 (8 ohm) since the V3 didn’t seem to play well with my TX/RX in PWM mode. Hoping the Clark will be smooth to set up- I’m sure it’ll perform better over the V3 from what I’ve seen/read. Just couldn’t possibly see myself going back to the stock TX. Are there any other things I may need to change to get the rest of the stock Taigen components working with the TK40?

Comment

Originally posted by sclui56 View Post

David, I am so glad you found the shimmering black questionable. I can't understand the reasoning behind that!
                      I removed the black stripes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7913A.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	326661

Name:	IMG_7914A.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	326662

Name:	IMG_7916A.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	326663

Comment

And looks like you went with HL decal?

Comment

I have some extra HL decals so I made them useful :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X