Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for letting me know about the 8.4 volt battery. I will take it to the LA tank club president and ask him to help me check if things are installed correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidN View Post
      Thanks for letting me know about the 8.4 volt battery. I will take it to the LA tank club president and ask him to help me check if things are installed correctly.
      The details are in the how it was put together. Both mine were bought second hand and I had to basically tear them down and rebuild them. Each had its own issues and both were relatively new or lightly used when I got them.

I recommend to order a build manual from AAF so you have the break down of how the Pershing goes together. I think it is $15 and well worth it for a tank like the Pershing.

I will shoot you over a PM with the most important things to look for and if needed rebuild correctly. Coupled with a little guidance from the president you will be on your way to having a solid running tank.

Comment

I see. Thank you sincerely :-) I mentioned to him about it. He already gathered for me all of the building instructions that he had. Besides receiving advice from you, I am also lucky that I live only 2 miles from him

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9379.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	336963

Comment

So in your Pershing, did you put the Tamiya DMD 10 or 11 inside? Therefore, you could interchange the Tamiya apple and the LegoDEI receiver on the turret as we saw at the battle?

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
            For real? You just got a pershing?
            Where did you find that at???
            It was in among a pile of stuffs in a U-haul storage center East of LA.

Comment

So in your Pershing, did you put the Tamiya DMD 10 or 11 inside? Therefore, you could interchange the Tamiya apple and the LegoDEI receiver on the turret as we saw at the battle?
              No both my Pershings use the two part older DMD/MFU systems. I was using the LegoDEI primarily in the Centurion which it works in because of the DMD 11.

I had it in the Pershing for one battle and then some photos. it only indicated hits and nothing else. No damage or hit limits, basically defaults to “test mode” and becomes equal to a stock HL 6.0-7.0 system. I was counted the hits and called it dead after five. This was a live demonstration to show how the LegoDEI receivers works and at the same time doesn’t work with the old Tamiya systems. Sometimes it’s easier to show then try and explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Good to see you got one. Now to hope it was put together well. There are a couple of small things to check and make sure were installed correctly.

Also it runs best on a 8.4 volt battery but you will have to make room inside the tank to fit one.

If built well it is an outstanding all around tank. 👍👍
                Do the M26 metal tracks from Taigen fit well with my Tamiya M26's sprocket and idlers?

Comment

Do the M26 metal tracks from Taigen fit well with my Tamiya M26's sprocket and idlers?
                  They should fit BUT they are a bit heavy for the long term life of the Tamiya M26 gears. The Tamiya M26 track will last a very long time so you should not worry to much about replacing it anytime soon.

Comment

Got it! Thank you!

Comment

I brought my Pershing to see the president of LA Tank club this morning. After two hours, I came home happy :-) I will put on the TBU on tomorrow and have it challenged with another tank to see if it is ready for battle.

Comment

Battle test went well this afternoon. But it was knocked out after receiving 3 hits. How can I program it to bring it up to 5 hits? I am still new with Tamiya electronic board. I will start the touch up and weathering work tomorrow.

Name:	IMG_E9415.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	337456

Comment

Battle test went well this afternoon. But it was knocked out after receiving 3 hits. How can I program it to bring it up to 5 hits? I am still new with Tamiya electronic board. I will start the touch up and weathering work tomorrow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_E9415.JPG Views:	0 Size:	238.0 KB ID:	337456
                          The Tamiya DMD/MFU uses small “dip switches” to set the tanks classification. Look at your BTU instructions and you will see how to set the switch’s for each weight class.

Comment

Found it! Thank you!

Comment

Well, the Pershing is at 90% completed. All I need now is to order some accessories to mount around the tank. And that will take about a few weeks. It is battle ready. I am a very happy Tamiya tanks owner.

Name:	IMG_9433.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	337660

Comment

Name:	IMG_9434.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	337662

Name:	IMG_9436.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	337663

Comment

Name:	IMG_9444.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	337665

Name:	IMG_9445.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	337666

Comment

Tamiya Pershings are IMO one of their best all around tanks. It drives well, fights well and is very reliable.

Here is one of mine at the last SD battle day. Pershing tend to age well as they build up natural weathering.

Name:	E6D55255-B03F-4491-B2A1-5224D4950E9D.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	337672Click image for larger version

Name:	7BE53EA2-635C-4241-8728-CF05DB2342A4.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	395.4 KB
ID:	337673

Comment

to all the members who had helped me in this thread. I just want to let you know that your help have influenced me significantly. Therefore.......

Name:	IMG_9507.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	338314

Comment

This one came as it was already built. I will just work on the weathering.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
                                          Tamiya Pershings are IMO one of their best all around tanks. It drives well, fights well and is very reliable.

Here is one of mine at the last SD battle day. Pershing tend to age well as they build up natural weathering.
                                          I hope my Pershing will look like yours by this summer :-) I will put it into the battle in March.

Comment

Working...
                                          X