X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hand of nod 59 View Post
    I love the paint job on your Panther Tank it's not quite the same one that was on the tank I used to play on at APG is more dulled down but almost the same pattern it's very nice
    Welcome to our forum, Hand Of Nod 59!

We are here to share our hobby of RC tanks. Post the picture of your tank if you still have it. I saw a panther of a good buddy at the battle last month. I asked him if I could paint my next panther similar to his so we could battle together. He insisted that I should and sent me his paint scheme. I then went for it :-) Below is his panther...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9313.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	339254

Comment

• I received an email from AAF museum this AM. They have shipped out my Tamiya Centurion. I am excited with another Tamiya in my collection :-) I need to finish whatever I am working on now to prepare for this big over 80-step project.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidN View Post
        I received an email from AAF museum this AM. They have shipped out my Tamiya Centurion. I am excited with another Tamiya in my collection :-) I need to finish whatever I am working on now to prepare for this big over 80-step project.
        Your drop-dead date is midnight 06.10.

Comment

• Originally posted by sclui56 View Post

Your drop-dead date is midnight 06.10.
          It arrived this afternoon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0378A.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	347358

Comment

• Mine too, left it at the office though. The 2 packs of bearings were there as well. Looks like you have an extra tank to bring then.

Comment

• You both have plenty of time to have those built, painted and ready for the LA battle day on the 11th. It only takes a few days to assemble, another to paint and weather.

Have fun turning all those tiny screws. I did LOL....

Comment

• Ready, set, go!
                Lets see em on the field next week.
                RC tank parts and accessories I make
                www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• As much as I want to dive straight in since watching Rubicon's build, I probably won't be able to even start this, barely had time to even do minor maintenance, pretty sure David will beat me on this. I would be happy if I can finish the build before DKLM ships the metal tracks.

Comment

• The president of the LA Tank Club also ordered one. We will build them together :-)

Comment

• BTW, is Tami getting lazy or just being bean-counter at work? The control unit has the 8-pin wild open, and they didn't even include an inexpensive light harness?

Rubicon99, can you share the source for spare tracks?

Comment

• Tamiyausa.com is usually the parts source is AAF Museum store does not carry it.
                        RC tank parts and accessories I make
                        www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

• Originally posted by sclui56 View Post
                          BTW, is Tami getting lazy or just being bean-counter at work? The control unit has the 8-pin wild open, and they didn't even include an inexpensive light harness?

Rubicon99, can you share the source for spare tracks?
                          The lights on the real world model of this Centurion were quite minimal so not worth the added complexity or cost in Tamiyas eyes? Basically just two headlights and a very very small tail light that wasn’t even modeled into the tank. The DMD 11 is actually a very good system that provides smooth driving and functionality of all the tanks features. Far superior to anything Tamiya has had in the past.

I have my spare tracks coming from Tamiya Japan not Tamiya USA. The US stock for tracks will be along shortly and will be available through AAF or TamiyaUSA.com in the spare parts section for each tank.

The tracks have surprised me and are actually pretty durable. Five month now of rather hard use and abuse and I have only broken a small piece off(totally my fault). You get a fair number of spare links with the kit, 15 if memory serves. That should be more then enough to last until spares are available in the US or DKLM release their all metal track.

Comment

• Thanks Rubicon for the additional info.

Comment

• I also would like to thank Rubicon for letting me know about the GFS base. I saved $50 :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X