You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-order for another batch of IR Remotes now open!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-order for another batch of IR Remotes now open!

Note that this is a preorder for a batch of <10> to be ready at ~Mid March Time Frame. I will refund everyone if I end up not getting enough orders.
    For rc tank battle testing / referee resetting. Remote fires the following: Tamiya normal shot / Heng Long cannon. Tamiya 50% (two shot kill) Tamiya one shot kill (uber) Tamiya repair Other IR Codes can also be loaded by request. Receives normal Tamiya and Henglong shots. Can be used to test

I'll be updating the design slightly to have better UI and to be potentially more compact, as well as being able to hold more options.

Comment

Just when I need one and it appears :-) . Order #1....checked .

Comment

Excellent news, pre-order submitted!

Comment

Originally posted by LegoDEI View Post
          I'll be updating the design slightly to have better UI and to be potentially more compact, as well as being able to hold more options.
          Speaking of updating the design of things, I wonder if there is demand for an alternate version of your anti-tank mine? Maybe call it an anti-tank bunker. It would work just like the mine except instead of using a motion sensor to detect a nearby tank, it would fire its ir attack because of a timer that could be set for different intervals. 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 20 seconds, etc. Such a device could be placed in a simple styrofoam or cardboard bunker with its hit sensor and ir attack led facing out the gun aperture. It could cover many yards of ground, as an anti-tank gun would and pose an interesting challenge for tanks trying to approach it and knock it out.

The anti-tank mine is very good but has a small detection range, as a mine should. Something that constantly interdicts with long range fire until knocked out would make a nice addition.

Comment

I like Wolf's idea. Also, make some output channel connectors to link to a scale cannon or turret would be nice.
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Oh this can already be done with the existing unit. If you open it up and connect the bottom two pins together on the IR Sensor, it will continuously fire at the reload rate.

Comment

Specifically these two pins

Comment

Oh, this is great! I will go do it now!

Comment

It worked perfectly. What a huge improvement this makes to setting up solo tactical situations. Thanks for this information.

Comment

The LegoDEI IR battle reset little module arrived. Nice color! I think it works on both Heng Long and Tamiya tanks. I will test it out later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9950.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	341130Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9932.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	341131

Comment

I am pleased with mine, though mine is white.

One thing I notice is that it gives a choice of different tamiya codes: double shot, uber (one shot kill, I think) and repair shots. Has tamiya, or anyone for that matter, ever made use of these additional codes in battle games?

a jagdtiger with 9 hit points firing one shot one kill codes taking on a platoon or so of medium tank configured shermans comes to mind as an interesting possibility. Anyone have any experience with these other tamiya codes?

Comment

Working...
                        X