You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to figure out the diffrences between HL Tank versions.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 7.0 version doesn't come with a larger pack by default; although, a lot of us run larger capacity packs with them. Some even run higher voltages, but you do need to make sure you stay below the 12.6V threshold which is usually a 3S LiPo or Li-Ion pack.

Comment

I run 2S LiPo 5200mAh in all mine. Depending on the tank I get a couple hours to all afternoon.

Comment

The stock batteries are usually horrible. I suggest you buy an admiral 7200 anyway.
        Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

For the T-90 (and the T-72, Panzer III and StuG III) the battery box is smaller than their other tanks. I use Motion RC's Admiral 3500mah small pack; small size, twice the runtime of stock.
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

I will be purchasing a couple of battery packs for sure ..will also try and add some alloy flat bar in the tank body to stiffin it up. I will be tinkering around with it quite a bit .Are the heng long metal tracks any good ?

Comment

I buy mostly HL metal tracks if I haven't bought a metal tracked tank version. I do have some Mato, don't see much difference. Key is to set the correct tension and ensure all the wheels are aligned with each other.

Comment

Hi Bob thanks for the feedback I got my tank today .its a good looking tank with great detail . took it for a spin around the backyard. Was going to paint it up but the paint job looks really good . Might just weather it My T-90 from now on it shall be known as "Molotov"

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                  I buy mostly HL metal tracks if I haven't bought a metal tracked tank version. I do have some Mato, don't see much difference. Key is to set the correct tension and ensure all the wheels are aligned with each other.
                  Hi Bob, What do you consider the correct tension on metal tracks? Do you measure the droop of the metal track in the middle between the drive and idler at the bottom? Could you show a photo of where and how you measure this? I know there must be some slack to make up for passing debris between the sprockets and wheels.

Comment

I'll defer to others for an "official" recommendation. For me, each tank is a little different, and differences between "front wheel" and "rear" wheel drive are a factor. They need to be tight enough so they don't jump the sprocket going forwards or backwards. For the T-90, there shouldn't be much droop, but not so tight as to bind the motors.

One thing to look out for in the T-90 is that the sprocket is aligned with the rest of the wheels. If not, you will experience some detracking. I ended up putting a washer on the drive shafts to solve this.

I find that metal tracks have less side to side flexing, which is a good thing.

Comment

I agree with Bob on the T90/T72 recommendations. My T34 and KV variants are pretty tolerant of loose tracks, but they are about it. Pretty much all of my other tanks like them on the no slack side, but I don't really have any German tanks. My PZ3 likes them pretty tight.

Comment

Well my T-90 is 2 days old and the speaker has blown and the gun dont work :(

Comment

The speaker issue is pretty common. Sometimes it's actually plugged into the wrong port on the controller. Had that happen to me on a new tank.

Just wondering what you mean about gun doesn't work? Doesn't elevate/depress? Doesn't recoil? If it's recoil, the T72 or T90 doesn't recoil without modifications. If it doesn't shoot, are you pressing both the fire buttons on the top of the transmitter at the same time and holding them?

Comment

The blown speaker is an issue with the 7.0 MPU if you run it at full volume for an extended time.
                            See how I repaired my blown speaker - go to my post #19 Click on this: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...ped#post364510

Comment

Hi Tank me it seems this private did not shoot the gun properly ...with your guidance...My tank shoots now 🤣
                              Looks like i will try a new speaker install cheers Cmdrcody

Comment

Originally posted by The Road Runner View Post
                                Hi Tank me it seems this private did not shoot the gun properly ...with your guidance...My tank shoots now 🤣
                                Looks like i will try a new speaker install cheers Cmdrcody
                                NP...we all learned at some point. That would be SPC Tank_Me, BTW...lol OK, I haven't been called a SPC since 1996 when I was discharged at the end of my contract. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X