X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL Sherman 105 mods question

Hello guys. I finally had some time to play with tanks. I spent two beers working on the 105.

1- Dremeled out the center exhaust deflector slots. Also drilled a hole through the top exhaust nipple and plugged the lower port. Using mega - steam. Thank you SoCal. Much better smoke when wanted.

2- Unplugged LED 3 and 4 for head and tail lights. I never liked having them on.

Now for the questions and another beer. (Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, because it's 93 outside)

!- Has anyone closed off the bottom battery hatch and moved the battery into the hull?
    I have modded some hull magnets and access would be easier for a Taigen style battery mount.

2 - Has anyone mounted the Taigen speaker in the Sherman?
    Not much space as is. If I move the battery into the hull I will remove the battery shell except for one side for battery placement. That should give me more space as the Taigen speaker is taller.

3 - Any source for latex tubing or ideas for the smoker?
    I lost the black plastic elbow.

4 - Any power on/off switch relocation ideas?
    I am thinking behind the exhaust deflector and out of sight.

5 - Should I just finish the 6 pack, order taco's and watch FURY for the 10th time?
    It's Friday and I am single, so cast your vote.

Thanks guys.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7226.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	349261

Here is my M4 105. I cut the battery compartment and put the battery in from the top. I no longer need to flip the tank over to open it from the bottom. I also use magnets to easily open the upper hull. The on and off button can be pressed from the outside at the rear (red arrow). This was Bob's idea. I don't like the smoke feature so I took it out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E0691A.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	269.0 KB
ID:	349268

Comment

Actually, it is no longer a M4/105. It is now a M4/75.

Comment

EXCELLENT! Nice job! I really like the 75 mount. What barrel is that? .30 looks pretty dam cool!

Comment

Beer, Fury, Kelley’s Hero’s, battle of the Bulge, Tank. Stack em up.
          RC tank parts and accessories I make
          www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

Originally posted by RichJohnson View Post
            Beer, Fury, Kelley’s Hero’s, battle of the Bulge, Tank. Stack em up.
            Hell's yessah! I have them all. Taco's on the way! Thank you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by 761st View Post
              EXCELLENT! Nice job! I really like the 75 mount. What barrel is that? .30 looks pretty dam cool!
              I had a built tank day with a friend. I saw the barrel in box of US parts. I asked him if he had any use for it. I would like to replace my 105 with it. He gave it to me. I don't know which company that made it. It was a little longer and I had to saw it to the right length.

Comment

Working...
              X