www.RichardSJohnson.net/id28.html

Comment

I dare you! How funny..
      Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

A short clip of my T-90:

Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Soon Ukraine has its own modification of the T 72 tank, called the T 84 Oplot.

Comment

Originally posted by edwardyn View Post
            Soon Ukraine has its own modification of the T 72 tank, called the T 84 Oplot.
            You would be lead to think that the T80 is an extension of the T72 line, but that is incorrect. The T80 was developed as a replacement of the T72, but is not an extension of the T72 line like the T90 is. The chassis and turret of the T80 are different than the T72 and T90. The T84 Oplot is an upgraded version of the T80 tank so it is actually quite different than the T72. The Russians decided to stop making the T80 as it was a lot more expensive than the T72. They decided that it was cheaper to stay with the T72 design and create the T90 based off the T72 lineage. The T80 is a better tank, but like I said...much more expensive. The Russians decided quantity over quality once again. The Ukrainians stuck with the T80 design as most of the parts for the T80 tanks were manufactured in Ukraine when they separated from the Soviet Union.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
              Just a teaser snapshot. The Russian tanks have Shtora-1 "red eyes". They're basically part of an infrared missile jammer system, but aren't apparently very effective against modern ATGM's. They look cool though, which is why I got them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T-90 04.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	351058

Why the tan camo netting? My battles in Southern California are mostly in desert'y areas. It's all removable.
              Very nice, those red eyes give me green eyes!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4B555873-F1FB-41F6-93A0-F7229440EF6B.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	358119

Comment

Working...
                X