X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post

Quoting myself....I confirmed the jackrabbit tendency! I swapped out the TK26 for a Heng long 7.1. A HUGE difference! 7.1 is so much smoother and controllable. No update from DKLM on multiple unit use.
    I have noticed it too. I think it has mostly to do with the short sticks. The sensitivity for speed control is there but with such short sticks it is easy to throw it too much. Think like a short shifter modification on a manual car. Or pretend it's a gas pedal where it's almost an on off switch rather than a full range control of your throttle. I put some screws in my controller to act as longer sticks and that changed how I felt about the driving. I am having a friend print me some longer sticks so I can test it out more.

Comment

I've heard others complain the TK26 isn't as smooth as the HL 6/7 series for driving. I'm sure to what degree can vary depending on the weight of the tank and what gearboxes are being used.

Comment

Originally posted by tank_me View Post
        I've heard others complain the TK26 isn't as smooth as the HL 6/7 series for driving. I'm sure to what degree can vary depending on the weight of the tank and what gearboxes are being used.
        The short stick on the TK26 is easy to modify. It sounds fine to me as long as there is nothing wrong with its ESC.

It is essential to have a heavy tank and a well balanced gearbox with ball bearings, no matter what RC mainboard you are using.

Comment

After I removed my TK26 from a tank, I placed it in my roving camera.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0358.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	388457
          Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

After I removed my TK26 from a tank, I placed it in my roving camera.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0358.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	388457
            It looks like Wall-E went to the gym

Comment

Originally posted by Rdex2 View Post
              YK 26 controller use 1s/800 mA.
              Unfortunately, the Lithium Ion 14500 cell in the Can Shou controller is far from a 800 mAh battery. I topped it off with a standard USB transformer and the CS charge cable. The capacity was measured to be 320 mAh when discharged to 3 volts. I tried to charge it with the SkyRC charger, the CS battery will not take any charge current higher than 0.1 ampere (yes, 0.1A, no typo) and charge to 3.84V and 160 mAh. It is a very cheap, low capacity battery designed for trickle charging only.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	cstk26__1673258958_b0249399_progressive.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.0 KB ID:	392865
              This low drain, low capacity battery has 2 advantages. It takes less than an hour to charge up fully and does not heat up much in operation.

Most RC tank controller are very short range device, thus, need very little power. But the 320 mAh will last only part of a battle day. I plan to make a 2P 14500 battery pack which should give it 1600 mAh capacity and a few full days operation. (The CS controller battery compartment is too small for the LiIo 16650 cell.)

Comment

Word awhile back was Toucan was going to stop selling the TK26, apparently it's true...looks like everyone is out of stock on them now. I bought 2, for my Tongde tanks, they are a little sensitive driving, but much better than the tongde electronics in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by DANOEL View Post
                  Word awhile back was Toucan was going to stop selling the TK26, apparently it's true...looks like everyone is out of stock on them now. I bought 2, for my Tongde tanks, they are a little sensitive driving, but much better than the tongde electronics in my opinion.
                  dklmrc.com seems to have it for $62 plus shipping.

I got mine from Toucan US stock at much lower price. But they are sold out now.

Comment

Tang, since you use the TK-26, a question; have you bound more than one tank to the transmitter? If so, how has it worked out?

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                      Unfortunately, the Lithium Ion 14500 cell in the Can Shou controller is far from a 800 mAh battery. I topped it off with a standard USB transformer and the CS charge cable. The capacity was measured to be 320 mAh when discharged to 3 volts. I tried to charge it with the SkyRC charger, the CS battery will not take any charge current higher than 0.1 ampere (yes, 0.1A, no typo) and charge to 3.84V and 160 mAh. It is a very cheap, low capacity battery designed for trickle charging only.
                      Click image for larger version Name:	cstk26__1673258958_b0249399_progressive.jpg Views:	0 Size:	147.0 KB ID:	392865
                      This low drain, low capacity battery has 2 advantages. It takes less than an hour to charge up fully and does not heat up much in operation.

Most RC tank controller are very short range device, thus, need very little power. But the 320 mAh will last only part of a battle day. I plan to make a 2P 14500 battery pack which should give it 1600 mAh capacity and a few full days operation. (The CS controller battery compartment is too small for the LiIo 16650 cell.)
                      I made a 1S2P 14500 battery pack using 2 EBL cells. I can charge the pack using 1.2A charge current (SkyRC charger) and reach 1114 mAh in slight more than an hour. I charge Lithium Ion cells to only 4.1 volts to get the most of their cycling life. (Manufacturer's rating for quality 14500 LiIo cell is typically 800 mAh for charging up to 4.2 volts.) The 2P configuration allows me to use a relatively high charge current of 1.2A for about an hour before it tappers off.

The CS TK-26 compartment can house the 1S2P 14500 battery pack easily.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5272.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.0 KB ID:	393005
                      I estimate that it will take 7-8 hours to charge this pack using the build-in USB-C plug.

Comment

dklmrc.com seems to have it for $62 plus shipping.

I got mine from Toucan US stock at much lower price. But they are sold out now.
                        DKLM is also out of stock (says zero units). I'm guessing it's because of the weird problems people seem to be having with them is why they stopped selling them. A friend just reported a second one of his TK26 with weird problems

Comment

DKLM is also out of stock (says zero units). I'm guessing it's because of the weird problems people seem to be having with them is why they stopped selling them. A friend just reported a second one of his TK26 with weird problems
                          Do you have a list of the weird problems people seem to be having with the Can Shuo TK-26 radio?

One thing that drew me to the TK-26 is its trim control on the gimbal sticks. I plan to use it on a HL German Leopard 2A6. Any disabling problem(s) that I should not make the switch? You seem to imply that the manufacturer had withdrew the TK-26 from the market?

Comment

Ah. Oh, and oops, I got the HL mode sticks mixed up. I changed it on my post. I just took a spare controller apart. The gimbals are soldered to the board, no way to reroute any wires. Dang.
                            So you're saying if you can solder PCB or splice wires you can swap the function?

Comment

Tang, since you use the TK-26, a question; have you bound more than one tank to the transmitter? If so, how has it worked out?
                              The transmitter searches and auto binds to whatever TK26 tank is recently powered on so no transmitter is locked in if you ever turn off the transmitter. However the settings reside on the board so you could just grab any controller if you own more than one (that's what I do, I just have a bin of a few so I can grab and go a charged one). It won't forget it's programming.

If you and anyone else are going to run a TK26 at the same battle, there is a danger that one controller controls two tanks immediately. I accidentally drove one of my tanks off the table because I grabbed a different TK26 tank and was under the impression that the tank on the table was turned off. The sequence to run multiple tanks safely is to turn the tank on, then transmitter and then engine on and leave it, then repeat for the next tank. Or something like that. It's a cumbersome process.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tang - RC.Senshado;n393058]

So you're saying if you can solder PCB or splice wires you can swap the function?[/QUOTE
                                I don’t know that for a fact, I just guess that’s the only to swap them. I don’t do PCB soldering, at least not successfully!

Comment

[QUOTE=SoCalBobS;n393062]
                                  Originally posted by Tang - RC.Senshado View Post

So you're saying if you can solder PCB or splice wires you can swap the function?[/QUOTE
                                  I don’t know that for a fact, I just guess that’s the only to swap them. I don’t do PCB soldering, at least not successfully!
                                  Me neither but I can splice and solder the wires and leave the PCB alone. If that's all it takes, we could totally do it to these Heng Long controllers and flip them around for the older ones.

Comment

Do you have a list of the weird problems people seem to be having with the Can Shuo TK-26 radio?

One thing that drew me to the TK-26 is its trim control on the gimbal sticks. I plan to use it on a HL German Leopard 2A6. Any disabling problem(s) that I should not make the switch? You seem to imply that the manufacturer had withdrew the TK-26 from the market?
                                    The info I heard was third hand from someone who had talked with Toucan via email and Toucan said that the TK26 was going to be no longer available. No reason was given. This was a few months ago so it took awhile to sell off the stock I'd imagine. The weird problems is the tank going jerky by itself, like glitches. Rich Johnson had problems with a TK26 like this as well, under load or bind it went haywire I believe.

Comment

The info I heard was third hand from someone who had talked with Toucan via email and Toucan said that the TK26 was going to be no longer available. No reason was given. This was a few months ago so it took awhile to sell off the stock I'd imagine. The weird problems is the tank going jerky by itself, like glitches. Rich Johnson had problems with a TK26 like this as well, under load or bind it went haywire I believe.
                                      Come to think of it, one glitch I had was the turret would start to rotate on its own. I did not see that anything I did would cause a short or anything like that. But once in a blue moon the turret would just decide to go full send in one direction and I have to get to it before it murders itself. Maybe they are working on a revision?

Comment

Originally posted by Tang - RC.Senshado View Post
                                        Come to think of it, one glitch I had was the turret would start to rotate on its own. I did not see that anything I did would cause a short or anything like that. But once in a blue moon the turret would just decide to go full send in one direction and I have to get to it before it murders itself. Maybe they are working on a revision?
                                        The HL transmitter uses 6 AA standard cells to provide 9 volts plus power supply. On the other hand, Can Shou use a single LiIo battery cell of extremely poor quality that ends up running below 3.5 volts most of the time. Is it possible that the glitch is due to insufficient voltage supply in the transmitter?

If a 2S battery pack is used to get 8V of supply in the transmitter, will it help the situation or burn up the CS circuit? It is just my wide speculation.

Comment

Working...
                                        X