X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Barrel elevation & 7.0

Hi, I am currently upgrading a heng long Tiger II to a 7.0 controller, and adding a recoil barrel and 360 deg turret. Have worked thru most of the upgrade and have everything working well… however.. I cant seem to get the Barrel Elevation servo to work.. the servo works fine when plugged into the traverse servo at CN3, and ive plugged two different ones into CN4 and get nothing.. maybe a bad controller? Advice needed. Thanks Men!

Sounds like you did all of the proper troubleshooting and confirmed the servo works and that other known-good servos also do not work when plugged into the barrel elevation port on the controller. If you bought the controller from China, you should contact them ASAP before the whole country shuts down for CNY. Hopefully you can get a replacement shipped before that happens.

Comment

For a minute there I thought you somehow got a servo to work on a 7.0 board. Check the board (port CN4) with a multimeter- when the motors are driven, it should read somewhere in the neighborhood of 5.8v. Polarity doesnt matter in this case. If you get nothing, time to buy another MFU

Comment

We're talking motors, not servos, right? Different things. Your picture shows the traverse motor plugged into CN4, and CN3 empty. So the motor isn't working there? Just to eliminate variables, did you plug the elevation motor into CN3? Or have you replaced the elevation motor unit with a servo system?
        Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Im stopping for dinner chow.. but will get into CN4 with my meter shortly.. will report results..

Comment

Ok tested 7.0 controller output v at CN3 & CN4 as per Zippersnapper’s guidance. Results were 5.8v on CN3 & Zero v on CN4 when pressing controls. So a bad 7.0 right outta the bag? Any others have similar issue?

Thanks for the help and comments from all!

Comment

That sux. Thats the first I have heard. If you bought from Toucan, and recently, chances are good they will send you a brand new one at no cost. Worst case, they are cheap on eBay. The 7,0's have only 2 sound sets, so keep that in mind when getting a new one.

Comment

It would be a major upgrade, if you put in a 7.1 MFU.....its pretty much a given the 7.0's are for sh*t and most peope hate them. Food for thought.

Comment

I actually use some 7.0's in tanks that don't need servo capability. Happy with them, only drawback is the limited sound selection, but that's the case with 7.1's also. Both allow eliminating the toylike "spin" feature, a definite plus. Hoping the CS26's are good, with seven sound options.
                  Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

What is a CS26'?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulh View Post
                      What is a CS26'?
                      Found something interesting on FB. Toucan posted this as a new main board for r/c tanks. Zipper, is this the one you are working with? I was interested in the listing of sounds, number 7 specifically. 7 sound effects: Leopard2 A6, Tiger II, Tiger I, Abrams M1A2, Walker Bulldog, StugIII, Panzer VIII, Maus.​

Comment

New 7.0 installed..barrel elevation motor now working! 5.8v @ CN4!

Followed the trail to the problem! Interesting glitch!
                        Thanks to all for the guidance!

Comment

Working...
                        X