X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum and lots of questions

I've had my tanks quite a while, but I'm quite a rookie. I purchased my tanks from Phil Pflueger in Vista around 2011-12. These both have 27 MHz radio and board, metal tracks, and gears. I can't remember what board they have in them; I think they're 18's. I've completely torn apart the Pershing and did some detailing, and paint. I haven't touched the Bulldog except paint the 50 cal, and commander.

I want to upgrade the radio and board. Will a 7.1 setup work in these? I have no problem changing out connectors if that's necessary, and if the correct ones are available.
    Is there a new version coming out soon that I should wait for?

​Any information would be greatly appreciated

Unless you are doing servo elevation, servo rotation, or servo recoil you can use the TK7.0 board. The TK7.1 adds the servo functions. Same radio is used for the 7.0 and 7.1, but a 7.x radio won't work with a 6.x or vise versa. You will more than likely have to rewire some stuff to get it to work right. The 7.x boards are the latest boards and I haven't heard of any coming soon, but HL usually just starts putting them in tanks without telling the public.

Comment

The TK 7.1 and its Tx will cost you up to $100. A TK26 is only $75 for both the board and the cool looking Tx YK26.

Comment

What do the servo control's do, give you a higher resolution of movement?

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ron!

I see you are already getting great advice.

Enjoy,

Chef

Comment

Originally posted by RonV View Post
            What do the servo control's do, give you a higher resolution of movement?

With HL tanks from 2011 era, you would likely have the horizontal cam system elevation that is continuous.

Click image for larger version

Name:	heng-long-gun-elevation-unit-big.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	381588

Newer HL tanks use a side elevation that is no longer a continuous rotation, but have up and down limits. Servo does the same (limits up and down movement)

Comment

Working...
            X