X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1A2 Abrams tank alternative battery

My battery refuses to recharge. was fine the few times i tried,but now flashes green and red..

You could try an bump charge it. But be careful. Heng long batteries are garbage and it isn't unusual for them not to work straight out of the box. Do yourself a favor and buy and admiral battery from motion. Just make sure it fits and has the right connector.
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kencobrajet68 View Post
      My battery refuses to recharge. was fine the few times i tried,but now flashes green and red..
      The Lithium Ion battery that comes with the HL tank is not very good. Since the EV industry have driven the lithium battery way up, there is no easy solution to it. I built my own battery pack.

For the HL tank, 4 18650 LiIo battery cells need to be arranged in 2S2P as this:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4956.jpg Views:	1210 Size:	126.5 KB ID:	362075Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4960.jpg Views:	1178 Size:	123.1 KB ID:	362076 Click image for larger version

Name:	2S2Pschematics.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	396660
      When I built these in early 2021, I paid $10 for 4 of the EBL cells and got a 6000 mAh pack. Now, similar single cell is more than $10 EACH. The parallel charge plug is for use with a B6 parallel charger.

Now, it is very difficult to find good quality 18650 battery at reasonable price. I built 2S pack using 2 EBL 26650 cells that cost about $6 per cell on e-bay. The EBL 18650/26650 are low current batteries, but sufficient for the HL class RC tank. EBL is the only honest manufacturer whose battery rating I can verify myself.

More discussion on HL battery can be found at this thread. You will find very diverging opinion that seem to converge some after a year. Enjoy reading.
      https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...-battery-packs

Comment

Working...
      X