Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1:16 HengLong 3908 Challenger II, 7.0 board - Recoil Gun

1:16 HengLong Challenger II, 7.0 board
    Upgrading the gun to the recoil version, which socket does the recoil gun plug into?

The board you have does not support recoil, or elevation servos. I afraid you will need to upgrade to a TK7.1.

Comment

Originally posted by barrel recoil View Post
      1:16 HengLong Challenger II, 7.0 board
      Upgrading the gun to the recoil version, which socket does the recoil gun plug into?
      If you get the Heng Long generic metal recoil unit, the recoil connects to CN6. If it is a servo recoil, you will have a 3pins connector which goes to CH1 of the TK7.1 MFU.

Since your tank comes with the TK7.0 MFU, I suspect it comes with the generic trigger motor recoil. You need to show a picture of your recoil unit for anyone to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
        If you get the Heng Long generic metal recoil unit, the recoil connects to CN6. If it is a servo recoil, you will have a 3pins connector which goes to CH1 of the TK7.1 MFU.

Since your tank comes with the TK7.0 MFU, I suspect it comes with the generic trigger motor recoil. You need to show a picture of your recoil unit for anyone to help you.
        I have the HengLong recoil gun specified for this tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post
          The board you have does not support recoil, or elevation servos. I afraid you will need to upgrade to a TK7.1.
          Thanks for the response, I have the HengLong gun specified for this tank. Where can I read about the recoil servos, do they require a different radio/receiver set? The action on the HL ones are noisy and backwards.

Comment

I have the HengLong recoil gun specified for this tank.
            Picture! Picture! Picture! It will be helpful if you picture the HL manual page where "HengLong recoil gun specified for Challenger 2".

Below are the pictures of a Heng Long generic trigger motor recoil unit which fits any HL RC tanks.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5186.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	397441 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5187.jpg
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	397442 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5188.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	397440 Click image for larger version

Name:	removebarrel.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	397438 Click image for larger version

Name:	recoil_cannon.jpg
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	397439

The servo recoil unit requires the HL TK7.1 MFU. Below is one unit I have, but did not install on a HL tank yet.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	CSservorecoilliftingsystem.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	397443
            Can you use these pictures to identify which recoil unit do you have on your Challenger 2?

Comment

Thanks for the response, I have the HengLong gun specified for this tank. Where can I read about the recoil servos, do they require a different radio/receiver set? The action on the HL ones are noisy and backwards.

From memory, you will need to connect one wire to CN10. And then make a plug to install in CN6 to act as a trigger. Recoils that use servo can be obtained from the likes of Forgebear in the UK, or, as shown by Keilau from Toucan. They require a board like a Heng Long TK6.1s or TK 7.1.
              Testing how the new Heng Long TK7.1 functions work, prior to installation.

Upgraded to a new TK7.1 at the same time. Impressed with the new auto load setting.

I’m sorry, I am unable to write how to do it, as I am dyslexic, so struggle to write down information on how to to things. As you can see from my Challenger, they can replicate the actions of the real thing. This is using a a Heng Long TK 7.1 board.

Comment

The installation and connection of the servo barrel recoil and lifting unit is simple and straightforward. Just follow the instructions. You lost the BB shooting function when switching to servo recoil system.

The installation of the trigger motor recoil is somewhat more elaborated. There is a light green BB feeding house as shown in Picture #1 and #2 of Post 6. The Heng Long recoil unit does not come with a spare BB feeding house so you must remove the housing from the original BB shooting unit. It took me several hours to remove one without breaking it. Or you may say "to hell with BB shooting" and install the recoil unit without the shooting function.
                A few days ago, I posted on a Heng Long Metal Barrel Recoil BB shooting unit for 3838 Pershing upgrade kit that I purchased for my 2005 Snow Leopard. I said that over 18 years, HL changed the cannon mantle mounting plate enough that the kit does not fit my Pershing. I contact the Toucan seller (build-for-u) to request a return.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TK70mfu.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.1 KB ID:	397491 Click image for larger version  Name:	TK71mfu.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.1 KB ID:	397490

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
                  There is a light green BB feeding house as shown in Picture #1 and #2 of Post 6. The Heng Long recoil unit does not come with a spare BB feeding house so you must remove the housing from the original BB shooting unit. It took me several hours to remove one without breaking it. Or you may say "to hell with BB shooting" and install the recoil unit without the shooting function.
                  keilau are those pics from your Sherman adventure? Was that an older or earlier Heng Long tank? Because the last 3 or 4 tanks I've taken apart all 2020 and newer didn't have any issue with the BB feeding tray. Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChef View Post
                    keilau are those pics from your Sherman adventure? Was that an older or earlier Heng Long tank? Because the last 3 or 4 tanks I've taken apart all 2020 and newer didn't have any issue with the BB feeding tray. Just curious.
                    Yes, Picture #1 and #2 are from a Sherman. Picture #4 and #5 are from a very old Pershing. Sharp eyes. I randomly picked those pictures for illustration purpose.

The HL T-34/85 has the same BB feeding housing as the Sherman. Both of them were purchased in the last 4 years. I have very limited collection of RC tanks and do not want to generalize too much. I am confused by what answer is @barrel recoil​ looking for.

Comment

Working...
                    X