X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Friendly head to head international competition (comparison) with set verifiable parameters. Now that IS SOMETHING NEW in the RC tank world!!! 👏👏👏👏
    Ok first one to fulfill rules can start the thread👍🏻🏴‍☠️

Comment

Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post
      To keep this on track. (Or being a Challenger, probably detracked). And so as not to hijack another’s post. I have posted it back in this thread. I have ordered a pair of 3S batteries. £19.95 for one, £22.95 for two, with free delivery Go figure? So not the best quality then from Amazon. But I’m not paying £22 delivery on a good quality battery that was £30 despite the price including free delivery to the main land. Ah! But you come under Highlands and Islands sir. We are an hour outside of Glasgow, so hardly remote. I have also taken into account that as these are probably not the best quality, I will ensure they are in charging bags, only charged when I am present, on a suitable charger, and charged at low current.

Anyway, this will be a little experiment to find the speed differences between, batteries, 2S, high speed, 3S low speed, and 3S high speed, using the setting on the controller.

Given the warnings of others, and the work I put into it, I feel confident, that if driven sensibly, and not driven flat out over unstable terrain it will survive, the odd high speed dash in a straight line.

Mr Chef wrote.
      Ohhhh you go with your bad self Mr. Rat! I totally look forward to your experiment, hopefully cool pics and vids and of course the obligatory results/repair posts...😉​

I’m sure there may be some.
      Meter Rat It is time to remove my name from this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by keilau View Post
        Meter Rat It is time to remove my name from this thread!
        I would if I knew how too. If I fall on a blunt sacrificial knife, maybe a moderator will do it, or at least help me.

Comment

I would if I knew how too. If I fall on a blunt sacrificial knife, maybe a moderator will do it, or at least help me.
          No big deal. As long as I am not getting famous for the wrong reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

Friendly head to head international competition (comparison) with set verifiable parameters. Now that IS SOMETHING NEW in the RC tank world!!! 👏👏👏👏
            I’m up for a bit of friendly competition (comparison) fun.
            I have one doubt. I live in Scotland, dry Tarmac, asphalt is hard to come by.

Comment

I’m up for a bit of friendly competition (comparison) fun.
              I have one doubt. I live in Scotland, dry Tarmac, asphalt is hard to come by.

😂

This will be really interesting. I live near Seattle so we have to look for dry ground but it’s here somewhere😂

I’ll bet we see similar weather.

Comment

Yesterday, my new 3S batteries arrived. This morning was a good day to give the Challenger a run. First run was with a 2S battery as a starting point. Then the battery was swopped out for the 3S. First run was with the speed set low. No appreciable speed difference was observed. Next was with the speed set high, a visual increase in speed was noticed. No speed or times were recorded on these runs. These runs were on the road and our drive. Grass was tried next, with tighter and tighter turns. A track was lost, and as usual on the problematic left side. This was due a loose road wheel, at the last station before the drive sprocket. This has been a problem for some time, but I haven’t really been bothered about dealing with it, as it means taking out the gear boxes. I will upgrade to 3mm stainless bolts which I will order on Monday.

Comment

Annnnd I broke it.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	FB4E5445-1AF4-4632-9975-1F56F996190E.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	402187 Click image for larger version

Name:	B8C38957-1D67-4CF4-957D-2915DAF48178.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	402188

Comment

From the other post, quoted for posterity=

Originally posted by MrChef View Post

Ohhhh you go with your bad self Mr. Rat! I totally look forward to your experiment, hopefully cool pics and vids and of course the obligatory results/repair posts...😉

Comment

Annnnd I broke it.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	FB4E5445-1AF4-4632-9975-1F56F996190E.jpg Views:	5 Size:	61.8 KB ID:	402187 Click image for larger version  Name:	B8C38957-1D67-4CF4-957D-2915DAF48178.jpg Views:	5 Size:	55.4 KB ID:	402188
                      😮‍💨🤫

Oh my. I was really worried about that on mine. The Abrams tensioner was only mounted by a tiny shoulder screw. Like 6mm of plastic holding the whole tank together. Did you impact something? Just raw power yank it off?

at least you get a new hull 😥🙃

Comment

Originally posted by Handy Lance View Post

😮‍💨🤫

Oh my. I was really worried about that on mine. The Abrams tensioner was only mounted by a tiny shoulder screw. Like 6mm of plastic holding the whole tank together. Did you impact something? Just raw power yank it off?

at least you get a new hull 😥🙃
                        Well I was warned this would happen.

A new hull. Not likely. Tis but a flesh wound. All it requires is a sticky plaster.

All my own fault. I have a rear wheel suspension swing arm which keeps coming loose. I had forgotten about it, as it is something I had intended to investigate. My plan was to drill it out from 2mm to 3mm and fit stainless nuts and bolts. However this is next to the gearbox, so didn’t really fancy the prospect of dismantling the drive train to deal with it. These things need everything in alignment to help stop them de-tracking. The rear road wheel came out of alignment causing it to de-track, and break an already weakened part. This is all part of the evolution of this tank. It like anything. Upgrade one part, and the next weakest part will fail.

I did get 13kmh from it, before it let go.

Comment

Well I was warned this would happen.

A new hull. Not likely. Tis but a flesh wound. All it requires is a sticky plaster.

All my own fault. I have a rear wheel suspension swing arm which keeps coming loose. I had forgotten about it, as it is something I had intended to investigate. My plan was to drill it out from 2mm to 3mm and fit stainless nuts and bolts. However this is next to the gearbox, so didn’t really fancy the prospect of dismantling the drive train to deal with it. These things need everything in alignment to help stop them de-tracking. The rear road wheel came out of alignment causing it to de-track, and break an already weakened part. This is all part of the evolution of this tank. It like anything. Upgrade one part, and the next weakest part will fail.

I did get 13kmh from it, before it let go.
                          👍🏻
                          well I’m glad you are able to fix it.

The constant chase to strengthen.
                          A dog and its tail. 🤣🤣

Comment

24h After it all went wrong. The beast is repaired. And the rear wheel station has been upgraded, with 3mm bolts, in place of the original 2mm bolts. The sussuspension has also been smoothed out with gentle filing. The front was repaired by glueing on the damaged part. This was then reinforced with my favourite glue, by filling all the voids with said glue. Over the next week small aluminium fillets will be made, and installed. These will virtually invisible when painted over as they are hidden underthe front armour.

Name:	FE74E8CC-562B-4F19-8F43-20F876052689.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	402261 Click image for larger version

Name:	78BC12D4-7089-4750-9903-CED4692D2863.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	402260 Click image for larger version

Name:	CAF083D0-74EC-4025-B742-CA167EAC4406.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	402259

Comment

24h After it all went wrong. The beast is repaired. And the rear wheel station has been upgraded, with 3mm bolts, in place of the original 2mm bolts. The sussuspension has also been smoothed out with gentle filing. The front was repaired by glueing on the damaged part. This was then reinforced with my favourite glue, by filling all the voids with said glue. Over the next week small aluminium fillets will be made, and installed. These will virtually invisible when painted over as they are hidden underthe front armour.

Name:	FE74E8CC-562B-4F19-8F43-20F876052689.jpg
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	402261 Click image for larger version

Name:	78BC12D4-7089-4750-9903-CED4692D2863.jpg
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	402260 Click image for larger version

Name:	CAF083D0-74EC-4025-B742-CA167EAC4406.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB