X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roban What's Next?

Hey, folks - I couldn't find a thread where new Roban scale helis are suggested, so thought I'd start one.

Please use this thread to recommend a new scale helicopter for Roban to consider for future production.

I'll start with a Bell 47D, preferably in a MASH livery. Not sure if Roban can do this affordably, since the lattice tail doesn't lend itself to fiberglass, but I can always hope!

Second is an unpainted version of the Bell 407GX so I don't have to ruin a good paint job just to get the one I want.

Have at it, guys!

Originally posted by swampd32618 View Post
    Hey, folks - I couldn't find a thread where new Roban scale helis are suggested, so thought I'd start one.

Please use this thread to recommend a new scale helicopter for Roban to consider for future production.

I'll start with a Bell 47D, preferably in a MASH livery. Not sure if Roban can do this affordably, since the lattice tail doesn't lend itself to fiberglass, but I can always hope!

Second is an unpainted version of the Bell 407GX so I don't have to ruin a good paint job just to get the one I want.

Have at it, guys!
    Welcome! A Bell 47 would be sweet for sure! I redid my Century Bell 47 in a D model MASH bird and love it. In the future, I would love to see:

MH-53 Pave Low
    SH-3 Sea King
    MH-47 Chinook
    Sikorsky HO3S-1 (H-5)
    Sikorsky R-4
    V-22 Osprey
    H-21 Shawnee (Flying Banana)
    Bell 525 Relentless
    AH-1Z Viper

All in 600 size or larger :). Would definitely keep them busy for a while!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5BB1D173-A033-44FF-9EB7-B37101EBDE22.jpeg
Views:	756
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	271457

Comment

700/800 Mi-24/35 Hind D!!! The Croc! I don't know why... I have just always liked these big bad boys. Coming up in the army as Mech infantryman (1990-1997), we had a respect/fear for these helicopters... when we would do our battle drills and react to Red Air, I always thought I hope to have to never really have to do this... It was also during that time Ft. Polk changed from the 5th INF (M), to JRTC (Joint Readiness Training Center), and they acquired several Russian Helo's to play OPFOR. They did manage to get 1 MI 24... I remember doing training one early morning... zero dark thirty on cool spring morning... we hear helo's coming, clearly not the engine/blade sounds we normally hear... then it zooms overhead.... IT'S FREAKING HIND D!!! RED AIR!! RED AIR!! Good times (b/c it was just training)...

So yea... that's my bid lol.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi24CP_(modified).jpg
Views:	957
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	271750Click image for larger version

Name:	1024-1024x701.jpg
Views:	932
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	271751

Comment

How about some spare parts
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
          That would definitely be a nice start! Been waiting for a long time for the 600mm CCW blades to come back in stock..

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
            Right!!! and a Hind D...

Comment

I like the idea of an unpainted option for all Roban offerings!

Comment

Roban had the Hind some few years back when I used to be with RC Aerodyne. Lets see if we can place some orders .

Comment

Originally posted by eawings View Post
                  Roban had the Hind some few years back when I used to be with RC Aerodyne. Lets see if we can place some orders .
                  Do they still have any of the kits?

Comment

I have to check and run down the hill this weekend. I know they had 3 left when I left them.

Comment

Originally posted by eawings View Post
                      I have to check and run down the hill this weekend. I know they had 3 left when I left them.
                      Interesting. I’d definitely pick one up if there are any still left.

Comment

Any chance of a V2 800 size Huey to correct that ugly nose and correct the doghouse a little?
                        that nose is what stopped me from buying one of them
                        Roy Mayoral

Comment

and while I'm at it...

How about a BK-117 in 800 size? the EC-145 is basically a BK-117 so it wouldn't take a lot of modification to the 145 to come out with a BK...
                          Roy Mayoral

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, everyone, keep it coming. DeltaDart has been integral behind the scenes to help grow our list of tweaks, updates, upgrades, and new ideas. We continue to work with Roban on incorporating these on a rolling basis.

I'm still holding out for a Hind and Chinook!
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

800 Super Scale Hind!!! I'll throw in some money on R&D lol...

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly on the Chinook!!
                                if anyone can pull it off Roban can and make it affordable for us poorer folks
                                Roy Mayoral

Comment

Chinook please please please. I know two will end up in Fresno.

Gravy

Comment

Bell 47 has my vote. The BK117 would also be pretty cool as well as a BO105. I'm kinda partial to those since my dad worked at MBB back when they were building them and I got to fly around in them growing up. Heli143 is right on - the EC145 is a BK117-C2 per the type certificate. They didn't want to have to certify a completely different helicopter just to update it. And, I'd love to see some Sikorsky helicopters as well

Comment

Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post
                                      Bell 47 has my vote. The BK117 would also be pretty cool as well as a BO105. I'm kinda partial to those since my dad worked at MBB back when they were building them and I got to fly around in them growing up. Heli143 is right on - the EC145 is a BK117-C2 per the type certificate. They didn't want to have to certify a completely different helicopter just to update it. And, I'd love to see some Sikorsky helicopters as well
                                      They actually added a BO-105 to the site pretty recently, looks really nice. 800 Superscale and 2 paint options:
                                      BO-105 Air Rescue 800 Size Scale Helicopter ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) from Roban - RCH-BO105LRS8 This is the Roban BO-105 Air Rescue 800 size ARF, a premium scale kit that offers unparalleled detail. From tip-to-tail the BO-105 body kit displays an accuracy of detail to the real aircraft not normally seen in the RC hel

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

I’m really surprised I haven’t seen or heard much about them so far.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

They actually added a BO-105 to the site pretty recently, looks really nice. 800 Superscale and 2 paint options:
                                        BO-105 Air Rescue 800 Size Scale Helicopter ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) from Roban - RCH-BO105LRS8 This is the Roban BO-105 Air Rescue 800 size ARF, a premium scale kit that offers unparalleled detail. From tip-to-tail the BO-105 body kit displays an accuracy of detail to the real aircraft not normally seen in the RC hel

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

I’m really surprised I haven’t seen or heard much about them so far.
                                        You know what, for some reason I was thinking about the Rotorscale line when I wrote that. I did see the new 105s listed and they look awesome Gotta save my pennies.

Comment

Working...
                                        X