Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally have this UH-60 ready to test after a long and tedious setback with programming. I’m using a Hobbywing Platinum 130a ESC with a Beast X v 5.1 which is my go-to setup in other helis, but this time didn’t go smoothly. I use the Beast X governor mode with the ESC set to linear but this time would just jump to max after switching to IU 1. Problem was too close setting of low stick position to actual motor start point (I think)…it’s fixed now, anyway. Have an email to Callie for graphics and a couple of handholds to glue on but otherwise just waiting on the rain to stop. 😎

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
      The optional cockpit kit is very nice and an easy install in the big fuselage. The included pilots, however, are not, so I will decide later if I want to hunt 1/10 scale figures or just leave the seats empty. The windows are typical Roban quality and fit their openings well. I used Gravy’s carpet tape trick for the chin windows, which worked great. I used hot glue for the other windows and for the cockpit install. Holds good and easy to remove if needed. NOTE: All Roban kits that have DIY install windows have a thin plastic film on both sides of the part that peels off nicely. Easy to miss if didn’t know it was there.
      Did you buy the optional cockpit from MotionRC. I can't seem to find it from their website. A link will be helpful. Thanks.😀

Comment

Try Scaleflying.com (Aerodyne). If not in stock may need to order it from Scaleflying.de in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
          Try Scaleflying.com (Aerodyne). If not in stock may need to order it from Scaleflying.de in Germany.
          Just got one from scaleflying. Thanks.

Comment

Can you post pictures of your cockpit install 🙂

Comment

Sure. Just fits the fuselage slick as a button. Recommend you leave it loose until final assembly, or just tack it with a drop of hot glue, Click image for larger version

Name:	366E1B73-85B9-44FE-914F-7E501E8064F4.jpeg
Views:	393
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	317449Click image for larger version

Name:	F0B34EBF-514C-404B-A384-8557A7862778.jpeg
Views:	349
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	317450Click image for larger version

Name:	6F0CD9E4-4154-45F5-8607-CCEA1C4B06C1.jpeg
Views:	369
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	317451 because the UH-60 needs a lot of nose weight to balance, especially if using a 4 blade tail rotor.

Comment

How did your first flights go?

Comment

It’s a heavy bird…tail heavy due to the 4 blade Roban tail and the lead it took to balance. Had a few minor adjustment issues initially (double check tail slider max throws!) but then just gyro gain bumps here and there. Will get back to fiddling with it after I wrap up a few other projects.

Comment

Yeah mine is a little heavy too. Added weight and use 4s 5000mah pack.

Gravy

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I have shimmed all my big ones so far but just curious what you go by to tell you its properly shimmed??? I really don't know myself, I just add shims until I get the outside edges on the gears to line up evenly, seems to work but my Apache that I got from Gravy has developed more slop now that I have several flights on it, he had problems right from the start and since my purchase, I have added more shims, I think its hopeless really getting them perfect but my worry is when does a person replace them to be safe?? I use honey grease on mine, stuff is sticky and seems to be working good, I grease every two or three flights.
                      Have you found an easy way to grease the drop down gears in the main frame?

Comment

Thanks to DCORSAIR’s heads up I ordered some honey grease from AMain Hobbies so don’t need to pull the mechanics as often to grease those gears. It’s great stuff. Click image for larger version

Name:	B15C718D-FBAD-4EDF-ACC4-44A908A82B82.jpeg
Views:	326
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	324786

Comment

That stuff is awesome. I bought the one that comes in a syringe. Super stick grease.

Gravy

Comment

I've used the Aeropanda dry gear tube on mine and had good luck with it.

Comment

wrong thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X