X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your help Xviper!
    This afternoon I managed to bend the rod back. If necesarry in the future, I now know that the rod can be removed from the nacelle.
    Hopefully I can fly again soon, after the current corona related restrictations are over.

Regards,
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by PaulfromHolland View Post
      Thank you for your help Xviper!
      This afternoon I managed to bend the rod back. If necesarry in the future, I now know that the rod can be removed from the nacelle.
      Hopefully I can fly again soon, after the current corona related restrictations are over.

Regards,
      Paul
      That's the way I usually do it - bending it while on the plane. If not for taking this second plane apart, I would not have done it that way. Having the rod out by itself, I can tell you that the whole rod is very soft and easily bent on a rod bender of with 2 pairs of channel locks. I finalized the straightening by lightly pounding it on a wooden surface with a hammer, while rolling it.

Comment

I've been flying this every day that I can get out to the field (weather is a bit "iffy" right now). This video is from this morning's flight. It was near perfect in every way. Hovers around great, transitions to and from airplane mode was smooth and drama-less. Landings are also pretty good, except for wrestling with ground effect and wind. I'm getting better at it each time.

Comment

That's pretty good flight time for a 4000mah 4s pack. I may get that battery. It will replace the Turnigy 3200mah 4s pack. I haven't flown it since last summer. Now that the weather is warming up a little, I'll take it out of storage. I only fly skidders generally in Winter. Good piloting skills xviper, keep it up bro!👍👊👍

Comment

I think I could have flown for another minute or 2, maybe more. The batteries I used for this video were Gens Ace, 45C, 3800mah. One came down with 49% remaining and the other came down with 65% remaining. I don't remember which one was in the flight in the video. I've used the Admiral 4000's and the HobbyKing Graphene 3000's in the past and I must admit that the Gens Ace gives the best performance and flight times in this plane, although I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them in the V-22.

Comment

I thought it might be time to bring this thread back to life. It would seem that RC Informer has taken up the Banana Hobby banner and he featured this plane in his latest video. He also will post a video of a more extensive flight very soon. I've crashed both my previous Ospreys doing too many stunts (hard banking and loops). The flight controller has a tough time with intense flying. I'm going to buy another one via the link in RC Informer's video (so he gets a small commission). I really miss my V-22's and with them on sale at the moment, it's time for another one. I'll simply use the flight controller out of my old one. I'll try to refrain from doing any stunts of hard flying. It's so much fun just hovering it around and only rarely going into airplane mode.

Comment

Right on Dave! Hope things are well with you. I watched the video, he's lucky to recover from the first transition . I may have to take mine out of storage some day, and fly it around. I'd like to buy another flight control board for mine.Just so I have a spare. But they're still out of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
                  Right on Dave! Hope things are well with you. I watched the video, he's lucky to recover from the first transition . I may have to take mine out of storage some day, and fly it around. I'd like to buy another flight control board for mine.Just so I have a spare. But they're still out of stock.
                  So far, so good. Lucky to be escaping the "plague". How's thing out your way?
                  Why do you need a spare flight controller? I was wrong when I said I could use the flight controller from my old one. Every ARF V-22 comes with its own, so I think I'll have the 2 from my old ones. If I can find them, you can have one. I think Banana has classified the model incorrectly. It should be called a "PNP". All you really need is a RX.

Comment

Yes escaping the plague here as well. I just finished charging lipos all morning for Saturday's fly in. I'm not bringing out V22 Osprey just yet. I have a few edf's I want to fly. I believe the flight control board initializes the nacelle's for forward flight, as well as the rear fan motor for hovering. My storage locker is outside and secured, however I'm scared the cold temperatures will effect the performance of the flight control board over time. I should've taken the electronic's out.

Comment

Working...
                    X