You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOTE NOW! MARCH MAYHEM CUSTOM MOTION RC AIRCRAFT CHALLENGE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about hard to pick on each vote. All the planes really look great, fantastic work of love in all of them, thank you,
    Jeff in LA USA...

Comment

• Thank you James and Alpha Friday's live stream was great. Jeff in LA USA

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
        WOW, I'm flabbergasted that my Corsair made it to the final round, didn't expect any of my submissions to get there. Everybody has there own likes and dislikes, so hats off to the judges for even trying. If they would have taken all submissions and thrown them in the air and picked the first 64 that landed, it would have made as much sense, every one of them is just as outstanding as the next. Since I'm from Florida, the home of voter fraud, most may think I somehow bribed someone to even get this far. To make matters worse, I was born outside of Chicago when Mayor Daley was counting dead peoples votes. Hey, can I get some dead votes, or is it a rule you have to at least be on life support?
        Personally, I had a hard time choosing between a few of your submissions, was happy when a few others of us had the corsair in there too. Just something fun about that livery!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeeMeDo View Post
          Thank you James and Alpha Friday's live stream was great. Jeff in LA USA
          Thanks for checking it out Jeff! Definitely a fun competition to see all these gorgeous aircraft in one spot.

Comment

• Absolutely addictive to this hobby and to Motion ... I didn’t make it ( not surprised at all did you see what out there !! ) but i’m more motivated then ever to do another paint job ... more mistakes more we learn but in the end it’s always fun ( for me,for my wife litte less )

Wonder if I should submit this other jet, which i’m having so many fly on it and i love it on first sight and i was right ) ! Good luck to all the finalist.
            Thank you for supporting and inspiring a rookie/ish ,not shame on that !

Comment

• Griffon Wings Diggin' the "Splinter" livery. Rookie?, hmmm, 'eye of the beholder', more like. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• F-15 in IAF scheme featuring original graphics. This erplaces previous post (#231) that did not show photo.
                Thanks,
                , outatrimClick image for larger version  Name:	P1100866.JPG Views:	0 Size:	236.3 KB ID:	242403 ​​

Comment

• Griffon Wings, That F-18 splinter scheme was amazing! Bravo Zulu to you. That must have been some crazy masking.

Comment

• Just worked out my bracket and voted. WOW, Motion did an incredible job in setting up the voting link, very easy to complete and actually more fun than filling out the March Madness basketball brackets, especially since that's essentially been cancelled. Unfortunately from just the pictures, unless you are familiar with all of each entrants modifications you may miss some of the smaller or hidden really cool modifications. Maybe next year there could be a list of modifications on each entrée in the lower left corner of the picture.

Now trying to figure out how to start lobbying for votes. Maybe if I spend 500 million of my own money on the election, it might help, but considering the opponents, I'd probably just end up like the other guy who spent all that money to find out nobody really likes him.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Slamdance64 ... yes lots of tape and few bad words here and there .... in 5 languages! But in the air look incredible. I really love this plane . Thank you for like the post, being new i’m try to walk on my tip toes , so many great pilot in the Olympus and i’m just admiring everyone. What a great hobby guy’s .
                      See if you like this bae hawk , this one zero tape at all . Airbrushed first, green hand brushed and oh yes,Callie !
                      happy weekend to everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
                        Slamdance64 ... yes lots of tape and few bad words here and there .... in 5 languages! But in the air look incredible. I really love this plane . Thank you for like the post, being new i’m try to walk on my tip toes , so many great pilot in the Olympus and i’m just admiring everyone. What a great hobby guy’s .
                        See if you like this bae hawk , this one zero tape at all . Airbrushed first, green hand brushed and oh yes,Callie !
                        happy weekend to everyone
                        Your RIO officer looks pretty excited back there, did he just win the Motion RC Aircraft Challenge, or did the pilot have too many beans last night?
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Elbee
                          Elbee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hugh, it's a helmet critter and usually experienced when you need both hands and feet to do something more important. LB

• Hugh ... that was my best co-pilot, named Fabio, but his long hairs was bugging him all the time . And yes,i belive did party the night before the take off. After all was my very first attempt of paint job and i was pleased.
                        Again, me fire me man , need to learn from all of you guy’s .
                        Hey,here my pilots on the Alitalia al-37 with Gucci Interiors,you might like those more

Comment

• Here in full.

Comment

Hugh ... that was my best co-pilot, named Fabio, but his long hairs was bugging him all the time . And yes,i belive did party the night before the take off. After all was my very first attempt of paint job and i was pleased.
                            Again, me fire me man , need to learn from all of you guy’s .
                            Hey,here my pilots on the Alitalia al-37 with Gucci Interiors,you might like those more
                            The Italian Pilot looks like he might have the Corona Virus, is the plane in quarantine? All joking aside, you don't need apologize for anything, I loved your pilot and RIO in the hawk (pilots with no arms or hands really fry me) and the pilot and cabin with lighting in the AL-37 is outstanding. You don't need to learn nottin from nobody, you should be teaching instead.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Somehow today was the first I heard of the contest.

That was a lot of voting...
                              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Absolutely addictive to this hobby and to Motion ... I didn’t make it ( not surprised at all did you see what out there !! ) but i’m more motivated then ever to do another paint job ... more mistakes more we learn but in the end it’s always fun ( for me,for my wife litte less )

Wonder if I should submit this other jet, which i’m having so many fly on it and i love it on first sight and i was right ) ! Good luck to all the finalist.
                                Thank you for supporting and inspiring a rookie/ish ,not shame on that !
                                Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to repaint you F-18 with such perfect lines on the ambush livery. I know Callie has a graphics set, but it does not include any of the black or white markings. Just an absolutely masterful job.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman I'm not sure what Griffon Wings used to mask off his excellent Splinter camo F-18, but on mine, I used Post-It notes. First, I primered the entire model then pre-shaded it, then masked for the black color, then the gray, then the white last. This allowed me to back into the desired opacity for tonal gradation between the final colors. It doesn't show up in photos, though. Give Splinter Camo a shot, you'll like it! (Or maybe hate it)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190613_174128.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.7 KB ID:	242999

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03588.JPG Views:	0 Size:	140.7 KB ID:	243000

I used the opposite color sequence for my NSAWC F-14, starting with the lighter colors then moving into the lighter blue then deeper blue

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8101.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	243001
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hugh and Alpha !!! What a honer Sir !

I simply used tape, yellow frog tape and took not much time at all ( pinocchio 🤥 . Highly suggesting to get one and do it Hugh, will turn many heads at the field.
                                    and now you can see a true master piece directly from the Holy Alpha.
                                    i did add RC Geek afterburners too and in the air look pretty mean .
                                    Start with the black then white .
                                    I’m truly thankful to Freewing giving us opportunities to paint our jets and have extra fun .
                                    We are very lucky pilots

Comment

• Doubt I have the skill or patience to get that done, but definitely want to acknowledge those who do. I absolutely love that scheme, the black/white and the light and deep blue. You both have just the right amount of white and black to pull it off, not surprised that these are real head turners at the field. You both have my complete adoration.

It might help the motivation to try it if some generous soul out there with connections to FW would "donate" an airframe to hone my skills on; anyone out there know such a saint?
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• I don't think I got credit for picking the winner of the contest!! I checked my bracket and I clearly have the AWACS picked but they have an X through it!! I was only #9 on the list and still wouldn't have won but... lol

Actually I went back and totaled up my points and I did get credit for it, wouldn't have made any difference. lol
                                        Hey, it's Saturday and I'm stuck in my house, I have nothing better to do!!!

It was a hard contest to judge anyway, lots of great planes and talented guys doing them.

Comment

Working...
                                        X