You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOTE NOW! MARCH MAYHEM CUSTOM MOTION RC AIRCRAFT CHALLENGE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too late...

Comment

• K Guys, our submission period is now over. Our team are sorting through all the entries to determine our top 64 finalists whose aircraft will have a chance to win $100 gift card based on the communities' votes.

Will will be announcing the 64 finalists LIVE on YouTube this Friday at 12pm EST (don't worry if you miss it live, it will replay and we will also start a new thread so everyone can see)

During the show we will show the 64 finalists, then we will also unveil the final bracket to show you how we seeded everyone and then when the show ends at 1pm EST, we will share the link where everyone will have 1 full week to fill out their brackets. The person with the most points will also win $100 gift card and we will announce both gift card winners LIVE on Youtube next Friday March 20th!

And remember, just by submitting, your name was entered into a random draw for a $50 gift card that will be also be awarded on our March 20th LIVE show on Youtube as well as thanks for even taking the time to submit an entry.

Here is the link to the live show, you can hit the bell and set a reminder now so you don't miss it. Should be fun!

Comment

• James , Massive undertaking and effort. Much appreciated by all of us, I am certain. The number of entrants and 'new' members is amazing to see. Let the 'games' begin.Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Love your Great Pumpkin and the video you did on the flight review. This is now running on 8S, correct? For my poor eyes, this was one bird that I would not have an issue with on it's orientation while flying. Gee, all you needed in the video was a real nice looking afterburner. I now have one installed in every jet of mine, even the F-16 that already had a stock ring AB, so I know where you might pick up a real nice one, but I'm not into giving free advertising. On the other hand, if the maker of the AB would find it in his generous heart to give me a little something like a free AB next time, I might release the name. One can always hope.
          haha, thanks! ;) Yes, the pumpkin is flying on an 8s JetFan setup and it actually does have a burner in it. I was never happy with the look of it in that airplane though and have been working on a new design of late that really improves the looks in the F-4 substantially! Should be available very soon. :)

Chris

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9557.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	241715Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9564.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	241716

http://thercgeek.com
          http://youtube.com/thercgeek

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
            James , Massive undertaking and effort. Much appreciated by all of us, I am certain. The number of entrants and 'new' members is amazing to see. Let the 'games' begin.Best, LB
            Thanks Elbee

Man, this is so hard to choose for all of us! for those who don't end up making the final 64, we will be doing more of these for sure.

Comment

• LOVED seeing this fly at AZ jets!

Originally posted by moparren View Post
              Freewing A-10. Mods include split ailerons for drag brakes.

Name:	20181118_092751.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	241384

Comment

• Originally posted by The RC Geek View Post

haha, thanks! ;) Yes, the pumpkin is flying on an 8s JetFan setup and it actually does have a burner in it. I was never happy with the look of it in that airplane though and have been working on a new design of late that really improves the looks in the F-4 substantially! Should be available very soon. :)

Chris

Name:	IMG_9557.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	241715Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9564.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	241716

With the new one will you take a trade in of 2 of the old for 1 new? Just kidding, mine actually look very good to me, but what do I know?
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• This is going to be fun ! There were so many. Outstanding aircraft submitted........ Isn't this hobby great ? Thanks Motion RC, for putting this together.

Comment

• Here is a photo of my B-24. James, you have already seen this airplane. It was heavily modified by Andy Anderson from Virginia. I found photos of the "Maxwell House III", a B-24 which served in India during 1943. It was shot down on Nov. 27, 1943. Only 3 of the crew survived the incident. Two of the 3 died while in captivity as POWs. Only one of the crew members, Joseph C. McClung, from Seridan, AR, survived. He lived until 1989.
                    Andy Anderson, a prolific modeler, did all the customization on this airplane. He repainted the entire plane, and submitted and obtained all of the graphics from Calle Graphics. He also designed all of the revolving turrets, and printed them on his 3D printers. His design for the turrets is impressive. The front and rear turrets include all of the internal detail of the original, including machine guns. The front and rear turrets are servo driven and move side to side. the top turret is really special. Andy modified the servo so that the turret can revolve in either direction indefinitely. With the appropriate programming on your Tx, all of the turrets move randomly during flight, which is a really cool feature.
                    I also need to give credit to G.R. Baker from Tired Iron Aviation. He created the cockpit detail in 3D, and also prepared the interior cockpit photo imagery which really makes the main cockpit look real. All in all, the amount of work that was done on this bird is substantial. Although, none of it was done by me. All the credit goes to Andy Anderson and George Baker, both very ingenious guys!
                    I hope that you will profile this ariplane for their sake. They did a lot of work, and as usual, seek no credit. they helped to bring this dream I had for an airplane into reality. They are awesome dudes!
                    Cheers!
                    John Maxwell

Comment

• JohnnyJet62 great picture. I do remember that but unfortunately the entry period ended last night. We will be unveiling the finalists live on YouTube at 12pm est. Then everyone will have a week to vote for the best one.

But really awesome looking.

Comment

• Btw, since i’m very new at hobby Squawk and i’m a troglodyte using social a very special thank you go to Chris,RC GEEK for the afterburners ( just wow) to Jeremy Solt for the formation lights( another WOW )and HUGE thank you for the greatest Callie ( Callie Graphics) , last but not list MOTION RC !! Love to be part of this incredible RC Family . 🛫🛫🛫

Comment

• Welcome Griffon Wings! You are only 20-ish miles from me! I live in Maple Valley. We should get our arctic camo A-10s for a tandem flight sometime!

Click image for larger version  Name:	done.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.0 KB ID:	241946
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
                            Btw, I’m very new to Hobby Squawk...Love [...]...this incredible RC Family.
                            GW, Very glad you are here. A very hearty welcome, Sir. Best, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• James, how are you going to handle the entries that posted more than one picture? It seems unfair to those that followed the rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Bob's RC View Post
                                James, how are you going to handle the entries that posted more than one picture? It seems unfair to those that followed the rules.
                                With multiple image posts I'm guessing the judges will pick whichever image they like best, that best represents the scheme/modification of the model. Sort of like folks that posted more than one airplane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Bob's RC View Post
                                  James, how are you going to handle the entries that posted more than one picture? It seems unfair to those that followed the rules.
                                  Here are rules as per the first post:

"""Now we know many pilots have customized many aircraft over the years and you are free to submit more than 1 but then you will leave it to the Motion RC staff to determine which 1 aircraft of yours is the best and if it will make the 64 Aircraft cut. WE WILL NOT HAVE MULTIPLE AIRCRAFT MAKE THE FINAL 64 FROM THE SAME PILOT, only 1 aircraft for each pilot that makes the 64 cut."""

Posting more than 1 was fine if you were comfortable with us then determine which one of your aircraft make it. You may personally believe X custom your made is better than Y or Z, but we chose Z to represent you because the contest will have 64 different pilots, no multiples from the same pilot

Comment

• James …….. he could possibly be referring to where you posted in the first sentence right before the one you mention above " In order to enter, you must post just 1 picture of the best Motion RC aircraft YOU ever customized.
                                    That could be infered to as many had done of just one pic per aircraft whereas there was some entrants that posted multiple pics of the same aircraft.

Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Well guy’s , i’m try very hard to remove some pics from my post ( i saw later on the 1 pic only, sorry sorry ) however i can’t figure out how to do it.. any tips on how to remove the “ extra” photos??? Thank’s for the consideration , ah amd btw,at list i send only 1 jet

Comment

• Elbee
                                        Elbee commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        GW, Don't worry about the extra photos. Those who judged this contest chose one (1) photo from each eligible Member who entered. Also, The Contest Entry Date has past as of Tuesday March 10th at midnight. So if your airplane made the first cut of 64 aircraft you will know tomorrow if you check this forum and/or watch the MotionRC Live Show at 12pm Eastern Time. Best, LB

• Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
                                      Well guy’s , i’m try very hard to remove some pics from my post ( i saw later on the 1 pic only, sorry sorry ) however i can’t figure out how to do it.. any tips on how to remove the “ extra” photos??? Thank’s for the consideration , ah amd btw,at list i send only 1 jet
                                      Hello Griffon...….. using the edit function is only allowable for a short period of time after a post. Don't take this to the bank but I believe it is 12 hrs.
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I would have loved to post multiple pictures of my jet to show all the nuances and shading that was done in different spots that could not come through in one picture. BUT I read the rules and posted only 1, single, measly shot. Will I be rewarded for penalized for following the rules. We shall see.

Comment

Working...
                                        X