Roban - World Class Scale Helicopters

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOTE NOW! MARCH MAYHEM CUSTOM MOTION RC AIRCRAFT CHALLENGE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom paintjob with hand made decals
    Attached Files

Comment

• Freewing mirage 2000 converted to iaf kfir c7. This had hand shaped foam conversion parts and hand made decals
      Attached Files

Comment

• Venom with 80mm a4 setup. Filled lines and "what if" paint scheme
        Attached Files

Comment

• Landing gear mods. Custom cockpit. Callie grapics. Full repaint
          Attached Files

Comment

• Fms p51 bought from mrc a long time ago...filled lines. Custom repaint. 5s :)
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
              Smoothed over f14. Low viz black lions scheme. Hand painted nose and tail art. Full span flaps..working hook. Rc geek center burners and jhh pilots. All markings painted on. Probably my favorite freewing model
              I saw ur YouTube videos on the repaint. Nice job thanks for the info.

Comment

• This might be my best Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191223_165535605.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.5 KB ID:	241475

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                    Fms p51 bought from mrc a long time ago...filled lines. Custom repaint. 5s :)
                    Unfortunately your submission doesn't qualify for the contest because even though Motion used to carry the FMS line it doesn't meet the requirement that James listed in the first post of this thread ……….

MUST be a CURRENT Motion RC product to qualify.
                    Sorry
                    Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Canopy, cockpit, paint, weathering ,nozzles- wish the ordnance was on for this shot!
                      tom

Comment

• The Raptor this time. Canopy, cockpit, wing tanks, nav lights, paint and weathering.

Comment

• This is my Freewing 70mm F16. It started life as the arctic camo version, and was given to me by a fellow club member who crashed it. Details and modifications include : Custom paint, weathering, and Callie graphics in the Alabama national guard "Dixie Vipers" livery. Airbrushed 3d printed turkey feathers with afterburner led. Painted landing gear struts. Jet hanger hobbies pilot bust, and printed instrument cluster and hand made ejection seat with parachute. Also various antenna, and 3d printed sidewinders Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	241495 . I studied lots of pictures of the actual aircraft, and did my best to capture the essence of the Dixie Vipers F16. This project was rewarding, and cant wait to get started on the next one..... the Freewing DH 112 silver Venom !
                          Last edited by scootergenie; Mar 10, 2020, 04:26 PM. Reason: forgot the sidewinders

Comment

• Amazing guys! Here is an update on what happens after the entry period of 12-midnight EST tonight. Our team will take the next 2 days selecting the 64 finalists and seeding them on a bracket

Finalists will be announced live on our weekly YouTube show Friday March 13th at 12pm EST.

The voting period will then begin on Friday, March 13th at 1pm EST and ends on Friday March 20th at 11am EST. (We will share the link of where you can fill out your brackets across all of our social platforms and here on Squawk.)

The winners will be announced on our LIVE YouTube show on Friday March 20th at 12pm EST.

The winning aircraft gets $100 gift card, the winning voter (who has the best bracket) with the most points gets $100 gift card and a random winner from everyone who submitted will be selected to receive a $50 gift card

Good Luck Everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by cashmoneybrother View Post

I saw ur YouTube videos on the repaint. Nice job thanks for the info.
                              Glad you liked them!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Unfortunately your submission doesn't qualify for the contest because even though Motion used to carry the FMS line it doesn't meet the requirement that James listed in the first post of this thread ……….

MUST be a CURRENT Motion RC product to qualify.
                                Sorry
                                Dang...guess i overlooked that! :(

Comment

• Dang, I'm glad that I'm not part of the team that has to make the first down-select for the planes to go into the bracket. There're a bunch of crazy good planes being submitted.
                                  ---
                                  Warbirder

Comment

• It was a pleasant surprise to see so many talented artists come out of the wood work. I've seen many of your creations over the years in various threads, but seeing them all in one place really underscored the fact that there are more creators out there than is often visible on the surface. I hope those of you who joined Squawk just to post your entry decide to make this place another online home for yourselves. And I hope that the ~100 of you who we unfortunately cannot fit in the Top 64 this time will stay close for the next time we do this sort of thing... it definitely will be much sooner than next March!

Kudos to James for conceiving and orchestrating this entire contest! A couple weeks ago I wondered if we'd get enough entries to fill the Top 64. Oh, how I was happily mistaken

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hey guys. Was trying to stay up til midnight to officially end the entry period but can't keep my eyes open. From the time of this post you have about 45 minutes left. Any submittals past 12am est will not count. Tomorrow we will start making selections and seeding the finalists.

Then on Friday at 12pm est live on YouTube we will unveil the full bracket,and all the finalists and first round matchups and when that show ends at 1pm est. Part 2 begins where everyone can then fill out their brackets and determine just who has the best custom Motion RC aircraft.

Been truely overwhelming to see all these fantastic birds and look forward to finding new ways to show our appreciation for all the work so many do.

Good night, see you all Friday for sure!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	79946724_10219619352929594_428587506498273280_o.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	241605

Comment

• Originally posted by The RC Geek View Post
                                          Here's my refinished Freewing F-4 Phantom II. Filled in the panel lines, smoothed it out and painted it up as the QF-4B "Great Pumpkin' when it operated out at Pt Mugu. I love flying this jet!

Chris
                                          Love your Great Pumpkin and the video you did on the flight review. This is now running on 8S, correct? For my poor eyes, this was one bird that I would not have an issue with on it's orientation while flying. Gee, all you needed in the video was a real nice looking afterburner. I now have one installed in every jet of mine, even the F-16 that already had a stock ring AB, so I know where you might pick up a real nice one, but I'm not into giving free advertising. On the other hand, if the maker of the AB would find it in his generous heart to give me a little something like a free AB next time, I might release the name. One can always hope.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X