Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could possibly make it to Muncie but I would need to know when everyone is planning on meeting up that way I can plan time off from work, where I work at takes at least a month in advance notice on time off. I have never been to the AMA headquarters and would like to punch a few holes in the sky with my planes. I think I can get at least 3 planes in my Ford Ranger along with some luggage. From here in Tennessee it would be a 7-8 hour drive for me but I think it would be worth it to meet up with everyone here on the Squawk!
    Nick

Comment

It sounds like there may be a couple or few headed that way in June, possibly. I too would need a good date to work with when I know I could make plans to go. I can't go in June because I'll be on a cruise.

But if anyone wants to plan for mid to late summer that would be awesome!

Comment

Okay guys, I' ve got in touch with Ryan R and he's checking his schedule. I'm thinking Muncie AMA HQ if he's available. If not maybe somewhere in Lon's neighborhood, if not his field, what say you ?
        I'd like to get a feel for how many of you could make a fly in on the weekend of June 11-12 in the area of Illinois or Indiana. Feedback on where would be good as well.
        I know there's a lot of you that are going to have scheduling conflicts, but if we can break the ice with this one, we can start planning the next one earlier, Let's break the inertia and start having some get-to-gethers!!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

I'm game for Muncie...But, if my club field in Dubuque Iowa would work better. I'll lock up reservations for our field there.
          Here's a video of our field from last year when flying my Iron Ass.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Great Lon, one way or another, this is going to happen, even if its the two of us!!
            How about it guys!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Nicely done Lon! Unlike mine, yours seems to be properly balanced...
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Lon is my go to guy when it comes to Freewing P51's.
                After chopping his finger, its like the plane was sorry and has behaved herself wonderfully afterwards!
                Now, the interesting thing is that Lon has put an 85A Mantis ESC on his stock motor. When I went to do this, the bullet plugs were a different size!?
                I ended up putting a 650kv in Old Crow with a FMS 70A ESC and taking the stock motor and ESC from Old Crow and putting it into Shangrila. In BBD, I have an FMS 580 and a 85A Mantis ESC and they have the same bullet size. Did something change somewhere along the line with the FW P51 motor??

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

As I mentioned before, I'd love to be there, but I'll be on a cruise until the 15th. If only this would happen one or two weeks later:dodgy:.

Comment

Hey guys, got a message from Ryan and he was saying that the AMA NEFI event is on the weekend of June 11-12. Sounds like the party is on! Whos' coming??

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

A weekend of electric fun-flying at one of the world's premier model flying sites - AMA's International Flying Center.Learn more at nefi.modelaircraft.org an...

Check it out

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        Hey guys, got a message from Ryan and he was saying that the AMA NEFI event is on the weekend of June 11-12. Sounds like the party is on! Whos' coming??

Grossman56
                        I'm serious with planning to attend. What/where's the flying field at??
                        Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Hey Lon, check out AMA NEFI event at Muncie AMA HQ.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

This is a great event. I've been to nearly everyone. Best part is its at one of the best flying sites in the world, AMA headquarters. Overnight camping, Rv hookups, electricity, bathrooms, showers, food and hotels close by. The comraderie goes late into the evening. Bring your boots the hanger talk can get pretty thick...lol

It's a great time! June 10-12 I look forward to going every year. I'd sure love to meet some of you who can make it.

More later
                            Regards
                            Ryan

Comment

Grossman

Call me

Comment

Looks like a great event to attend and fly.
                                Lon

Comment

You betcha, and the field looks awesome. Time for you new P 38 drivers to show them off.
                                  Now my big question is what planes to bring!
                                  The Pitts is coming and I'm thinking of pulling the wings off the P40 and Old Crow. See if I can get them plus all the flight paraphernalia as well as luggage into the truck.

Getting in touch with Ryan by phone, we'll get back to you!
                                  Hopefully more will get on board

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

I'm going to check my schedule...she, i mean see if there is any conflicts. :)
                                    Lon

Comment

Well, bring 'see' along, Diane's coming and so is her Apprentice!
                                      The more the merrier! Heck Ryan's bringing Mike!!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

The Academy of Model Aeronautics is a nonprofit community of enthusiasts who come together to celebrate model aviation.

Here's the AMA Blurp on the NEFI show, check it out!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

A weekend of electric fun-flying at one of the world's premier model flying sites - AMA's International Flying Center.Learn more at nefi.modelaircraft.org an...

Video from NEFI 2014, check it out!

And here is the website!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X