Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ben, Ryan and I have been all over the net looking up NEFI so my old guy mind probably got things mixed up!
    Right now its like waiting for Christmas!
    I wish Motion would get the hats and shirts thing going, I've got my old one so I guess that'll have to do.
    Team Gross!

Comment

I wish I could make it guys. It would be awesome to meet some of you. Lon, if it were the old days I use to run out to Iowa twice a week. If the timing were a little better for me I would love to be able to meet all of you guys up there. Maybe Hippie and me and me can plan a trip one day to head up that way or we all meet some where. I was hoping to attend Joe Nall this year, but as I said last maybe next year.
      Still Learning:D

Comment

It's great to see that this event is actually happening. Not so great that I won't be able to attend though. What luck that I asked for this, but that the date coincides with my cruise. Please, please, please guys...take lots of pics for me. I'd like to see these while away. It's the closest I'll get to flying while away for 11 days.
        I'll have my drone, and hoping to take some great vids and pics of the islands and the ship. Got my Phantom Vision 2+ from Motion when they briefly carried DJI products. Still going strong!

Was planning to bring it to the fly-in along with my planes. Oh well, pics please, pretty please!!!

Comment

Hey guys, listen, this won't be the last NEFI event and if you can't make it this year, lets keep next year in mind, hey why not. The earlier we plan it the more people, hopefully, can make it.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

NEFI is just one event this year. There is always fall and I know my club would not care if we had a hobby squawk fly in at anytime.

Comment

Put together a plan Ben, where are you?

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Southern Illinois. The SkySquires is our club. Were in Marion Illinois, which sets on Interstate 57. Marion is a town of about 17-18 thousand. Due to it being on the Interstate there is numerous hotels. We also do not mind rv parking or tent camping hot dogs over a fire etc. We have a fly-in the first weekend of October and rv's and burning of some wood has been the norm because for the last two years its been cooler than normal an just crappy weather. But if anyone is interested in a fly-in after the NEFI lets figure it out then. Of course everyone is welcome the the October fly-in as well. The only thing I can say is it would not be limited to electric only. Our club sort of prides its self on not restricting anything that flies. If you can strap a motor on a brick an think it will fly, someone would throw it up for you to see what happens. Haha, ok we do use common sense and safety, but we also do not care how small how big how fast etc. if it can fly and you can control it, then let it rip potato chip. Here is the clubs web address.
                Hobby Squawk RC airplane, boat, car, helicopter, tank, truck blog forum community

Video of field

Doug Gwaltney flying his extra 300 at Sky Squires field

Comment

Hey Ben, hope to see you in Muncie, maybe we can all get together and pound out a plan. I think if we gave the guys enough heads up, they'd come. As for us, one trip across country per year is about all I can afford, but I don't mind trying for next Spring/Summer if everyone is into it.
                  I have to head to Vancouver BC the middle of May for my grandson's birth, so we'll see a lot of country in four weeks!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

I57 and I64 benjack! I use to go through there several times a week from NC headed to Iowa. Had to stay over night once because my truck broke down and the truck shop had repair it there. I wish I was closer. My club has a fly-in in October a Big Bird War-Bird Fly-In! I'll check out your web site.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      I57 and I64 benjack! I use to go through there several times a week from NC headed to Iowa. Had to stay over night once because my truck broke down and the truck shop had repair it there. I wish I was closer. My club has a fly-in in October a Big Bird War-Bird Fly-In! I'll check out your web site.

Yeah I-64 coming East out of St. Louis or I-64 West Louisville. All centers around Mt. Vernon Illinois. Marion would be about 35 miles south of Mt. Vernon on I-57 I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        Hey Ben, hope to see you in Muncie, maybe we can all get together and pound out a plan. I think if we gave the guys enough heads up, they'd come. As for us, one trip across country per year is about all I can afford, but I don't mind trying for next Spring/Summer if everyone is into it.
                        I have to head to Vancouver BC the middle of May for my grandson's birth, so we'll see a lot of country in four weeks!!

Grossman56

Yeah with everyone spread all across the United States making long drives like that, especially if you have to take off work. Since I got my trailer I have ventured down to Southwest Tennessee to a couple fly-ins. Thats as far as I have went so far. I think Muncie might be farther than Savannah Tennessee. Anyway Muncie for sure. If it looks like there is a group of Squawkers interested in a Hobby Squawk fly-in this summer at any time just let me know. The available dates for a fly-in at my club is pretty easy to remember. It is any date enough people want to have it. :cool:

Comment

Good deal! I hope to have me a trailer of my own sometime. I use my dads so I don't have it set up like I want to. There are about 5 or 6 clubs within 70 miles from me all a lot of them have fly-ins. I try to make a couple of them. We just had one last weekend. First one of season for the area. Check out on www.coastalplanes.com and go to clubs and we're the first one. Kinston Areo Modelers. The Coastal Planes site is a very helpful site. There are many clubs on it along with all the local fly-ins.

Comment

I remember going going through the chicken house on 57 many times. I'll have to say I can say he cops always did me good in Il. I was always a front door doing over 70 in that state. Done me good or just got lucky, but can say didn't get busted there. I can't say about other places.

Comment

Well, like I say, we'll get together sand one of the things on the agenda is the next get together. I've pretty well used up all my PTO with having to go to Vancouver as well, but next year is a definite. I'll probably hit some of the ones that I can get to on a weekend, like over in Idaho. Good that we're finally getting the ball rolling on Team Squawk R/C Flyers International.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Well, I don't think I will be able to attend. Looking at the drive and the motel bill don't look doable for me right now.

Comment

Ah that's too bad Baron, but maybe next year, think positive!!
                                  You guys who are going to be there, we're hoping our Trac phone will work.
                                  the number is 307 250 5405
                                  I'll also be taking the laptop, so will be on HobbySquawk, or just message me or email
                                  dgrossinwyoming@hotmail.com

Whatever is easier

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Well, looks like I'm out too. Between work and family, I just can't make it happen. Would've liked to meet some of you guys.

Hey Gman, make sure you post some pics!

Jeff

Comment

Got the plan to bring four birds all worked out this afternoon. Wings come off the P40, the Apprentice and the P51 and get packed as one unit into the back off the truck. The Pitts, which doesn't come apart, gets the lion's share of the back truck box. The three fuses sit on a fold away table in the back seat area and underneath the table sits all the paraphernalia along with suitcases and such. Looks like it'll work very well. That's a lot of foam in the truck!!!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                        Got the plan to bring four birds all worked out this afternoon. Wings come off the P40, the Apprentice and the P51 and get packed as one unit into the back off the truck. The Pitts, which doesn't come apart, gets the lion's share of the back truck box. The three fuses sit on a fold away table in the back seat area and underneath the table sits all the paraphernalia along with suitcases and such. Looks like it'll work very well. That's a lot of foam in the truck!!!

Grossman56
                                        To drag my trailer or not drag my trailer. That is the question. I am assuming that after the official close time it will still be restricted to electric. Or can you fire up nitro/gas after the events official close times?

Comment

Originally posted by benjack71 View Post
                                          To drag my trailer or not drag my trailer. That is the question. I am assuming that after the official close time it will still be restricted to electric. Or can you fire up nitro/gas after the events official close times?
                                          benjack71, when are you planning on getting there in Muncie?
                                          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Working...
                                          X