Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to attend this event, I'll see if it's on the cards.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Cool, Ryan and I and of course the Missus (mine) are in for sure, hopefully Mike and Lon as well, could be a blast, just look at that field!!

Diane is even bringing the Apprentice.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Is there any kind of landing fee with this event? I'll see if I can get some time off from work as I would like to attend. I will have to decide which planes I would take, it will be a tough decision on the planes!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
          I'd love to attend this event, I'll see if it's on the cards.
          I'd love for you to make it. Tom toyed with the idea last year.

Comment

Hey Baron
            Advanced fee NEFI Pilot Registration is $15.00. Join us June 10-12, 2016. Three Days of Flying •Free Dinner Saturday •Free Electric Charging Station •Free Goodie Bag •Free Museum Access •Raffles
            $15.00
            See the website on post #10

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
              Hey Baron
              Advanced fee NEFI Pilot Registration is $15.00. Join us June 10-12, 2016. Three Days of Flying •Free Dinner Saturday •Free Electric Charging Station •Free Goodie Bag •Free Museum Access •Raffles
              $15.00
              See the website on post #10

Grossman56
              Hello Dan,
              Been all over the NEFI web site and from my observations it looks like the 2.5 days of flying is where the first half of Fri and Sat is for Soaring, Pylon, Combat contests followed by Demos and then 'open flying' commences at 1 pm. Made that assumption on Fri because 'open' is not listed even though the schedule is identical to Sat. So maybe you can find out from someone in the know(or if Ryan is reading please respond also) "is there truly 4 hours of open flying in the afternoons on both days??". I'd rather not travel 600 miles with the 'warbird' fleet to not fly because I'm not a pylon or combat enthusiast. I also didn't see any 'advanced registration', it looks to be just a straight up $15 fee either now over the internet or when I arrive(another assumption) which is fine by me either way. Also, is the camping facilities that Ryan mentioned on post#3 at the flying facility whereas once I set up the rolling hangar I don't need to pack n move each day. I got spoiled by the NEAT fair http://www.neatfair.org/index.php in the NY Catskills region which is only 75 miles SE from me and it is held in a monstrous campground known as Peaceful Valley. Look forward to some positive answers that force me to make the 600 mi trek west.
              Best regards,
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hey Charlie, looks like Friday is open flying from 5 o'clock on, Saturday is from one o'clock 'til you drop and Sunday prior to 9 and then from noon 'til you drop. We'll be there sometime around 5 on Friday if everything goes smoothly.
                There's a free battery recharge station as well which is nice. Hope you make it, I can't wait to meet you and see the fleet.
                I hear you about the drive, try from Wyoming to Muncie!
                It'll be a great time, and Ryan was also saying that there are other fields in the immediate area as well, so flying isn't limited. He's from Muncie so he should know.
                I'm not sure about the camping sites, but I'll see if he'll chime in.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

I was under the impression that it would be open flying all three days. I am also not a soaring or combat flyer and I also don't want to drive 7-8 hours from Tennessee only to get very little flying accomplished.

Comment

There is more open flying than anything else. The soaring as far as I remember is done out of the way. The combat is a one time deal and so is the race. One and done. Noontime demos don't last long either. It really is a free for all for the most part. I've never felt like a spectator there. Many pilots come to fly and they get to. It truly is a great time!

Camping on site, with hookups. Some guys will set up a tent nearer to the flightline and leave there birds in it over night. Same goes for the shade canopies that you see at events. Seems there are always planes and gear under them as well.

Comment

I'll tell you, I'm coming from Wyoming and I'm making it worth my while!!
                      I'm Flying!!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

I was looking at the NEFI schedule and do they close the field for flying at 5? 4 hours does not seem long enough to get any kind of flying in since there is going to be a lot of pilots there.

Comment

Will there be vendors at this event? If I decide to make the trip and then come home without something new, the wife will think I was out chasing women;-)

Comment

Oh I'm pretty sure there will be vendors LOL!!
                            But, just in case, I'm sure the goodie bag that coms with the registration fee will be enough evidence. Remember.............
                            What happens on the road stays on the road!!!
                            Mine coming with me and flying as well, so........
                            And as for flying time, its fly 'til you drop!!!!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Ok, I found it now! I kept looking at the AMA site and I could not find it anywhere. Now I have! Hell to the yes I am going!!!

Comment

Great idea!! Plus one for this idea!!

Comment

Cool Ben, we have a hotel booked already so we'll be there for sure, I'm looking so forward to this one!!
                                  Too Much Fun!!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                    I was looking at the NEFI schedule and do they close the field for flying at 5? 4 hours does not seem long enough to get any kind of flying in since there is going to be a lot of pilots there.
                                    The event staff will leave and concessions may shut down but the field will never close. As Dan said,"fly till you drop"

Comment

Yeah, we'll be doing the James Brown thing. The wife will come over and throw the cape over my shoulders and walk my dragging body off to the side, then I'll suddenly get a new boost of energy and fly some more!!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post

I'm serious with planning to attend. What/where's the flying field at??
                                        The Academy of Model Aeronautics is a nonprofit community of enthusiasts who come together to celebrate model aviation.

We're booked in Muncie at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel its about four miles from the field. Hotel is on South High Street Ph #(765)287-8550 mention AMA its $90/night for King bed.
                                        Come on buddy, its going to be sooooo much fun!
                                        I think Ryan is bringing the new Spit and the P38. I'm jamming in the Pitts the P40 and one of my Mustangs as well as Diane's Apprentice.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

The Academy of Model Aeronautics is a nonprofit community of enthusiasts who come together to celebrate model aviation.

We're booked in Muncie at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel its about four miles from the field. Hotel is on South High Street Ph #(765)287-8550 mention AMA its $90/night for King bed.
                                          Come on buddy, its going to be sooooo much fun!
                                          I think Ryan is bringing the new Spit and the P38. I'm jamming in the Pitts the P40 and one of my Mustangs as well as Diane's Apprentice.

Grossman56

Hey Grossman, I am going to amend your link ok. The link you have is for 2015 and even has different dates. The link I have is for 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                          X