X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
    It will be great to see you at the event. We have such a great time! I've often thought about going to SEFF again, just not sure it's a good jet environment, especially with the faster jets.
    Unless it has changed, there isn't a runway other than grass.... I refrained from flying a few of my jets due to that

Comment

Still grass, really short grass.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Man I would love to make it to this event. It is a 6 hour drive for me. I need to think about it.
        It's 5 hours for us from Chicago...
        Last year was our first time going and now we wouldn't miss it... It's hands down the best EDF event in the country!

If you stay 2 days + it's definitely worth the drive! ;)

Comment

I am going to NEFI and almost have to pass by the Jet Jam to get there. I need to look into it further to see just how far out of my way it would be. I may be able to swing by for a short while.

Update: Looks like it would add about an hour and 40 minutes of driving to my trip.

Comment

It will be great to see you at the event. We have such a great time! I've often thought about going to SEFF again, just not sure it's a good jet environment, especially with the faster jets.
            I'll be taking my 80 and 90mm EDFs to SEFF. I know the grass runway there is better than my home field. I understand they have a few blocks of time set aside for fast movers. SEFF is only a 2 hour drive for me...so an easy day trip, although I'll stay a couple days. I'd also love to get to the EDF Jet Jam, but still thinking about the 10 hour drive.

Sean

Comment

I think I have a 12 hour drive but I don't really get to see other EDFs fly

im the only guy at my field who flies them

ill have to pull a trailer and figure out what to bring

Comment

I am going to NEFI and almost have to pass by the Jet Jam to get there. I need to look into it further to see just how far out of my way it would be. I may be able to swing by for a short while.

Update: Looks like it would add about an hour and 40 minutes of driving to my trip.
                Swing on by for Thursday and Friday on your way to Muncie!

Comment

Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
                  I think I have a 12 hour drive but I don't really get to see other EDFs fly

im the only guy at my field who flies them

ill have to pull a trailer and figure out what to bring
                  That's what brought us to the Jet Jam for the first time as well...

There are always 10 annoying sounding prop jobs to every EDF at our field... but lately it's been picking up to a much better ratio.

I'll tell ya... There's nothing better than having ALL great sounding EDFs around and no gassers to ruin it lol

Comment

I'm in the same boat. One of the few edf guys. Most members enjoy watching my sorties. In about 10 minutes, I can fly two different jets while the gasser guys are still flipping their props to get their motors started.
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                      I'm in the same boat. One of the few edf guys. Most members enjoy watching my sorties. In about 10 minutes, I can fly two different jets while the gasser guys are still flipping their props to get their motors started.
                      SO annoying. I swear, every time we power up, it's like they wait to start their loud dinosaurs.

Comment

I don't mind the gassers flying around ..... most at my field are older than me by quite a few years, and funny to listen to....funnier to hear them talk about electric planes.

BUT.... (get your tissue out)........ I just don't have anyone to talk "EDF" with..... as I said, usually Im at the field by myself..... lonely.....:Sick2:

are the violins playing???

Comment

I don't mind the gassers flying around ..... most at my field are older than me by quite a few years, and funny to listen to....funnier to hear them talk about electric planes.

BUT.... (get your tissue out)........ I just don't have anyone to talk "EDF" with..... as I said, usually Im at the field by myself..... lonely.....:Sick2:

are the violins playing???
                          Haha! You're coming to the right event then! :)

Looking forward to tearing it up with ya man!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

Haha! You're coming to the right event then! :)

Looking forward to tearing it up with ya man!
                            awesome!

now..... two months to figure out what to bring.... I guess first I need to figure out what trailer I can bring and how much room I will have.

Comment

awesome!

now..... two months to figure out what to bring.... I guess first I need to figure out what trailer I can bring and how much room I will have.
                              That's always the hardest part haha! Penske box truck FTW ;)

Comment

If you have never been to the Jet Jam you are in for a sweet treat. My wife makes all kinds of normal and weird flavors of jellies and jams to sell at events. Last year every pilot got a jar of Jet Jam and a reliable source tells me it might happen again this year. If there is a weird flavors you like (rhubarb, jalapeno, etc.) let me know. Especially if you want multiple jars. Dan, how many jalapeno should I put you down for!

Pete

Comment

As I'm sure you figured out you can take I65 north up to Indy and then over to Muncie. Not sure what I could say to swing you to the Jam for the weekend. I guess Jay did not look at the schedule when he set the date for NEFI, as the Jam has been on the book for months. We have an incredible time and the site is like no other.

Comment

Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

I'll be taking my 80 and 90mm EDFs to SEFF. I know the grass runway there is better than my home field. I understand they have a few blocks of time set aside for fast movers. SEFF is only a 2 hour drive for me...so an easy day trip, although I'll stay a couple days. I'd also love to get to the EDF Jet Jam, but still thinking about the 10 hour drive.

Sean
                                    I'm headed down to SEFF to recruit some jet guys! I hope to meet you in a few days. I'll be flying a Yak 130 and F4 with Schubi power. Be sure to say hi.

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                      I know its a trip for you. Andy with Jetwerx is attending, he gave us some nice pilot prizes last year. I hope you decide to join us. Ask Alpha 10 about the sight, you won't believe it until you see it with your own eyes.

Comment

If you are still on the fence, make room reservation by May 14th to get the event. You can always cancel if you can't makeit.

Comment

As I'm sure you figured out you can take I65 north up to Indy and then over to Muncie. Not sure what I could say to swing you to the Jam for the weekend. I guess Jay did not look at the schedule when he set the date for NEFI, as the Jam has been on the book for months. We have an incredible time and the site is like no other.
                                          My plan is to leave very early on Thursday so I will most likely swing by for a little while before heading on to Muncie. I am traveling on the cheap... tent and air mattress (but they are nice ones ;)), u-haul trailer (because I don't have my own yet), etc.

Comment

Working...
                                          X