Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The field here is everything I've heard and better...it is the field of dreams for RC aircraft...and I've been to some nice fields. Even better than events held on full scale runways/taxiways...no lights in the way.

As Sam said...just a great day. I spent the first hour doing taxi tests to align my nose wheels on pavement, since it's usually not as critical when flying from my home grass field.

Then put 4 flights on my FW F-86 and 5 flights on my FW A-10. I have 12 Admiral 6S/5000/50C batteries and just couldn't get them charged fast enough (needing them to properly cool first)...and the Jet Jam hasn't even started yet! Definitely looking forward to 4 more days of flying!

Sean

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

• Day 1 (technically). Overcast all day but helped to keep the heat down. Wind down the runway. A sprinkle rolled in about 3:30 but wasn't enough to get anything wet. Then skies were mostly cloudy.

Can't throw a stick around here without hitting an Avanti...had 4 up at one time today, and I think another 3 were in the pits. The FW A-10 count was up to 5, but one went down on a suspected Rx brownout.

Overall another great day of flying at the RC Field of Dreams!

Sean
        Last edited by EDFjetpilot; Jun 15, 2017, 08:14 PM. Reason: Clarified.

Comment

• Four Avantis back to front
          Jim, Brent, Sam, and Steve

Mig 21 John L, Yak 130 90 mm Daniel S, A10 Jim Thompson, BVM EBandit George K

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	0617171416a_HDR.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	81806 I had 29 flights overall between my FW A-10, F-16 and F-86 during the Jet Jam. Truly just a great event for us EDF jet pilots...from a great flying site, to great people, and now new friends.

Thank you Bob Belluomini for the time and effort you and your crew put in to make this such an outstanding event!

See ya next year,

Sean
            Last edited by EDFjetpilot; Jun 17, 2017, 07:41 PM. Reason: Added photo.

Comment

• Good flight report, EDFjetPilot, 29 flights is fun weekend!

Bob, looks like an amazing event as usual, thanks for posting those photos. Did you catch the first names of the pilots? We'd like to cite them if possible when we cross-post on other platforms. Better than using "Vanna White #1", "Vanna White #2", "Rosie The Riveter #5", etc :D
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• During the photo line up I counted 31 Motion RC offerings! However there had to be another 20 models under the shelters or in vehicles. Thank you Alpha and Motion RC for supporting this event!

We had 51 registered pilots and four day of fabulous flying weather!
                Make plans to attend next year june 14-17

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
                  During the photo line up I counted 31 Motion RC offerings! However there had to be another 20 models under the shelters or in vehicles. Thank you Alpha and Motion RC for supporting this event!

We had 51 registered pilots and four day of fabulous flying weather!
                  Make plans to attend next year june 14-17
                  Awesome... It's marked! :)

Thanks again Bob!

Comment

• Had a blast at the Jet Jam! Here's a quick walk down the runway on Sunday/

Comment

Working...
                    X