Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ecstatic you don't know what LTUP stands for. If I even spelled it out it would leave some wondering. I'll need to find a link.

LTUP stands for "Life The Universe and Politics"
    It is a disgusting forum on RCG.

This along with some ill conceived moderation changes has allowed the once great E-Zone to deteriorate into the despicable site known as RCGoofs

My concern is that while Hobby Squawk doesn't have a codified set of rules, that threads become so disjointed that they just become wasted band width.

As I'm the author (OP) of this thread the topic drift has me very concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by doctormike View Post
      I sure know when a motors RPM isn't right. Doc
      What?

Ok, I'll bite how do you determine the mythical RPM of a motor?

Comment

Not exact RPM, of course. Experience and intuition. Don't you feel uncomfortable if you can't hear the engine, for some reason, in your car? I shift by the sound of the engine not by constantly looking at the RPM's. When I'm flying with a bunch of glow engines whining away, I can't hear my electric motor. I really don't like it. Doc

Comment

I must have missed some context. But I fly and drive (race) more by feel, if my climb rate isn't there or the push in the back of the seat isn't there, then I figure I have power problem. As I'm not a auditory type of guy the "sound" of the engine/motor is of lesser concern to me. (I can usually tell when an engine is about to go bang)

But yes, I no longer enjoy flying at mixed power system fields, The screaming 2 cycle engine really takes it out of me. Last Monday I flew for 7 hours. Had I been as the field that allowed glow I'd be to fried just from the noise after about 4 hours.

Comment

OK, guys... We've had our fun here, and I'm just as guilty as the rest. I hate to be the one to say this, but we have really gotten off the original subject here. Maybe we should have an "anything goes" heading. It was fun, however, maybe, we could show a little restraint and stay on subject. Doc

Comment

Doc,
              Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                I was a tinkerer back in those days too, I figured out how to get them to work pretty well. Maple BTW
                But hey, I'm thinking we're upsetting people with the topic creep here.
                But hey, anyone still want to talk bands, PM me, its fun!!

Sorry guys, I guess we're all kids at heart
                Suggested waaaay back on post 56!

Grossman56 (coincidence?!)
                Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                  Oh God, another one! I think we ex rockers dominate here. The only thing I have on video is actually on video and not in the greatest shape, one of these days I'll have to get it transferred over to DVD!!
                  Great video Ryan, love all the Rickenbackers!!
                  Always a trip down memory lane. My stuff is from the 80's playing live at one of the local clubs up in Canada.
                  Think if this keeps up, we'll have to start our own thread rather than stretching this one!!!

Pretty cool guys

Grossman56
                  It goes back even further post #48

But by the tenth post it was already getting pretty derailed.

Comment

I’m sorry but I had to add one more. The correct way to determine rpm of a model airplane engine is:“Start the engine and adjust the needle valve to max rpm. Then tightly clamp your teeth on the cylinder and then count the number of seconds it takes you to pass out. Multiply that times 1000 to get an accurate rpm of the engine. Sure there will be some large dentist bills, but that’s nothing compared to the satisfaction of using a truly scientific method to determine rpm of your engine. Right? Right!
                    Drummers Rule!!!!
                    Always fly in the middle of the air and stay away from the edges. Edges of the air are identified as trees, ground, water, buildings, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X