X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post

Hey there Hugh! Thanks for the support, very nice of you. If we keep meeting in different threads like this, people may start to talk... LOL

Hardly enough snow, just enough to say I did it. It was fun building the skis. What you don't see is that in the climb out, the ski tension spring on the port gear popped out of its fitting. The ski tip was pointed at the ground 90% of the flight. As I was landing and expecting a crash, the gusty wind blew the ski down long enough to set her down. :Silly:Done with that for this year :P back to jets! ...and maybe buy a lottery ticket...
    Hey WrightBrosRC! Howdy from the former bartender at Eddie Rickenbachers Bar and Grill at Hillsboro Airport. I used to fly at a friends very large field not too far from there in the early 90’s. Probably now a housing development.
    congrats on the ski trip!:Win:

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post

Hey there Hugh! Thanks for the support, very nice of you. If we keep meeting in different threads like this, people may start to talk... LOL

Hardly enough snow, just enough to say I did it. It was fun building the skis. What you don't see is that in the climb out, the ski tension spring on the port gear popped out of its fitting. The ski tip was pointed at the ground 90% of the flight. As I was landing and expecting a crash, the gusty wind blew the ski down long enough to set her down. :Silly:Done with that for this year :P back to jets! ...and maybe buy a lottery ticket...
      People are always taking, to quote the Scare Crow from the Wizard of Oz, "I know a lot of people who do a lot of talking without a brain". I fit that category.:Silly:

Not to rub it in (actually yes, let me rub it in), but the weather was absolutely gorgeous here in Florida today, 6mph winds, clear and 82 degrees so I hit the park with as many planes as I could get in the truck. Seems everyone else had the same idea cause there were at least 30 pilots out there and we had to get in line to keep it to 4-5 planes in the air at once. No matter, got over 20 flights in some it was a gooooood day. Flew my F4, 1600mm Spitfire, Red Bull Corsair, B-24, Stinger 90 and my Extreme Flight Demonstrator. The Tomcat in the photo isn't mine (wish it was), but a good friend who just repainted it into the Jolly Rogers Scheme with help from Callie.

He applied the Satin MinWax Polycrylic to the finished Tomcat and it looks great and seems to give it a harder finish that will hold the paint better. Anyone out there using something like that?
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• 6 more flights on the newly painted Timber X.

Comment

• Put several more flights on the Timber X today and the Turbo Beaver saw a bit of action as well.

Comment

• Not mine, but I found the wreckage when it went in after it stopped responding.
            Attached Files

Comment

• That last picture is quite impressive. Sorry to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                That last picture is quite impressive. Sorry to see.
                Even when we do things correctly, something can go terribly wrong. Took the fun out of my flying for the morning.

Comment

• Don't let it spoil your fun. We all crash. It's part of flying. Was that a Dynam plane? I don't remember it in your hanger.

Comment

• Now that’s how to crash an airplane if you are going to lose one at least make it an epic looking crash scene. Sorry it happened but in the end all you can do is laugh it off and get the next plane in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
                      Don't let it spoil your fun. We all crash. It's part of flying. Was that a Dynam plane? I don't remember it in your hanger.
                      Not mine - club member, 3rd Flight. VQ Models 55” Hellcat. Was fully loaded with eFlite retracts and Futaba servo. Only thing I saw and questioned was the Castle Cremations 90 ESC.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
                        6 more flights on the newly painted Timber X.
                        Reminds me of my Cub. Nice paint job. Love that plane.

Comment

• Thanks, changed out to a 3 blade prop, and added wheelpants. Now I just need decent weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Not to rub it in (actually yes, let me rub it in), but the weather was absolutely gorgeous here in Florida today,
                            I took that as a challenge... :P

This is a flight from the beach near my home yesterday. I didn't have any war birds with me though... next time... :)

-Den

There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Got in a couple of flights on the Yak 130...:Cool:

Comment

• Finally got some time to get Woodstock back in the air after the RX failure. She still flies like a dream. So...

While I'm there I see this guy at the table loading what looked to me like a CO2 cartridge in the rear of his jet(?). Of coarse I had to ask... and learned it was a rocket that once launched has the ability (servos) to fly back to the ground. I know.. excuse my ignorance.. but it's the first I've seen of such. After some talking and instructions, I was handed the 'Launch box" .. put in the key.. count down from 5.. and she took off like a bat outta hell! Pretty sure it went well over the 400' ceiling before leveling out. At least looked like from where I was standing. Glided back down to the ground nicely. Needless to say... I was impressed.
                                Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	D5AE3294-1192-47B6-B6FB-ABC439BFB6B8.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	183079 Got to do a little flying after work. Was a bit breezy at first, but near dead calm as the sun set. Took my little Cub and had a dilemma as I forget the 1300mAh batteries I normally use...
                                  I’ve been using the 2200’s with the foam Cub same motor + ESC, just the balsa gal is half the weight. So I thought, “why not? Battery fits right over the CG so off we went. Took a bit more runway and power, but it normal takes off at 2/3 throttle. Actually flew great being a bit heavier.
                                  Almost forgot to mention the flight time was ridiculous - I got about 15 minutes of flight time with these 2200 batteries. Still had 3.8 per cell (3S).

Comment

• Ordered an inexpensive beginner heli with 6 axis gyro. My wife had to go to the work dungeon this afternoon to ship a couple of orders, so I took it with us, and worked on some basic hovering while she took care of the work stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                      Ordered an inexpensive beginner heli with 6 axis gyro. My wife had to go to the work dungeon this afternoon to ship a couple of orders, so I took it with us, and worked on some basic hovering while she took care of the work stuff.
                                      Nice! The small helis are great for squeezing in flying almost anywhere.

Comment

• Took out the FlightLine P-51 for a re-maiden (douched her in after a knuckle-headed decision to under toss at WOT)...

Click image for larger version

Name:	phoenix.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	183406
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• ​​​​​Got some flights in this morning, just realized I forgot to put the pitot tube back on the Mig for the pics.;)
                                          ​​​

Comment

Working...
                                          X