First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :(:Straight-Face::Straight-Face::Straight-Face:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
      From yesterday - hard lesson on not forgetting to check the rates switch before flying. Took off with the switch set at high rates, and the slightest movement of the sticks translated to LOTS of response from the plane. It seemed like everything I tried to do to get the plane back on level flight went too far, and it ended up nosing in. Not sure if that fuselage is going to be repairable.
      It'll fly again. Once you straighten the fuselage out, cut some thin strips of balsa wood and glue inside the cowling. Hopefully the prop shaft isn't bent up.

Comment

• Flew the big boys today, 2 flights on the F-16, 3 flights on the T-45, 3 flights on the Phantom and 2 flights on the Eurofighter. Had one of those good days where you nail every landing and no gremlins showed up, I call that a great day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyboom View Post

It'll fly again. Once you straighten the fuselage out, cut some thin strips of balsa wood and glue inside the cowling. Hopefully the prop shaft isn't bent up.
          The prop shaft snapped right off.

Comment

• I flew a couple of planes along with my son.

Comment

• Bit to cold to fly the Eflite Cherokee today so took this one around the patch for a bit.

Comment

• The PT-17 and T-6 flew nicely, but I learned I needed to reset TX battery in System Settings when I switched to the Li-Ion rechargeable...did not get a “Transmitter Low Battery” warning.
                Crap
                Click image for larger version

Name:	47F4C89C-738B-43B8-B0D2-B7681712C0FC.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	168298

Comment

• :Straight-Face::Straight-Face::Straight-Face::(:(:Scared:

Comment

• Merry Christmas all..... F-22, ouch.... Enjoy the Season and Jesus is the reason!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                      The PT-17 and T-6 flew nicely, but I learned I needed to reset TX battery in System Settings when I switched to the Li-Ion rechargeable...did not get a “Transmitter Low Battery” warning.
                      Crap

Awe crap brother, sorry to see that. Fixable though it looks like. Hardway, Merry Christmas brother!

Comment

• Definitely fixable, and best Holiday wishes to you two fellow Texicans as well!

Comment

• Pics of the 3d printed planes in the air

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                            The PT-17 and T-6 flew nicely, but I learned I needed to reset TX battery in System Settings when I switched to the Li-Ion rechargeable...did not get a “Transmitter Low Battery” warning.
                            Crap

Guess we both got bit by transmitter settings this weekend.

Comment

• Sent up the yard flyer to look for Santa this morning. Nice crisp 12°f on the deck !
                              Hope all the Squawkers here had a great Christmas day !

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                From yesterday - hard lesson on not forgetting to check the rates switch before flying. Took off with the switch set at high rates, and the slightest movement of the sticks translated to LOTS of response from the plane. It seemed like everything I tried to do to get the plane back on level flight went too far, and it ended up nosing in. Not sure if that fuselage is going to be repairable.
                                Check out my rebuild of the E Flite Spitfire or the Freewing Mustang.

Name:	IMG_4049.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	168592Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4054_LI.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	168593Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4059.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	168594Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4113.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	168595
                                She was cracked right where the red line shows and with some skewers and a balsa plate behind the damage, and a bit of putty and sanding, she's ready for the air again. I found that if I use a towle with hot water and hit it with a hair dryer, it helped to saften the foam to a point where you could sort of reform it, then the rest is putty and sanding, it works, consider it a learning experience, you get better and better at it.

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Tried a container of boiling water and dunked a fuselage and broken parts then just let it soak about 20 minutes and the foam would return to nearly normal shape with a little coating by flexing as it cooled to remove remaining warps. This Adagio was what I thought a goner, but Gorilla Glue and boiling water got it airworthy agin I did add a Balsa spar box and a few other refinements to correct some design flaws. She’s a great flyer now, even got one gifted to me that got crunched same as mine and it is nearly ready for RTS - previous owner will get first dibs as it was gifted after the crash. He just doesn’t know it yet.

Comment

• Happy New Year to ya Trainer!

Woody

Comment

• Good times! Happy New Year brother!

Comment

• Happy New Year Rman!

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                          , it works, consider it a learning experience, you get better and better at it.

Grossman56
                                          Yeah, I figure I've nothing to lose but some time in trying to repair it.

Right now, my current project is taking a pair of wings I won at the RC Club Holiday lunch a couple of weeks ago, and building a glider with them. Taking my cues from the Flite Test guys, and building the fuselage out of foamboard. I bought a carbon-fiber arrow from Walmart for the tail boom, and balsa for the tail surfaces.

Comment

Working...
                                          X