Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey TiredIronGRB, your picture looks just like my flying yesterday here in Central Indiana. I flew my Carbon Cub and my Conscendo Advanced in the fog too. Although your visibility was twice as good as mine was here! The Conscendo got out of sight once, high, but I got it out quickly with full down. I flew yesterday because the weather is going to be rainy and windy here for a while, so you go when you can. Flew the Conscendo when it was snowing last week. By the way, what are those white markers in front of the Cub?

My first flight in the snow. For some reason the RunCam2 stopped after a few seconds in the air. But the ole Conscendo Advanced flew like the champ that it i...

Comment

• Originally posted by heartlandaccents View Post
      Hey TiredIronGRB, your picture looks just like my flying yesterday here in Central Indiana. I flew my Carbon Cub and my Conscendo Advanced in the fog too. Although your visibility was twice as good as mine was here! The Conscendo got out of sight once, high, but I got it out quickly with full down. I flew yesterday because the weather is going to be rainy and windy here for a while, so you go when you can. Flew the Conscendo when it was snowing last week. By the way, what are those white markers in front of the Cub?

My first flight in the snow. For some reason the RunCam2 stopped after a few seconds in the air. But the ole Conscendo Advanced flew like the champ that it i...
      White lines are the taxiway back to the runway...and bad weather runway ;)
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Two flights with the Sensei today, and one with the Cherokee.

Comment

• Club indoor flying today !

Comment

• Let's see, after the rain stopped, two flights on the A-4, three on the 90mm Yak 130, three flights on the F-4, almost blew it with the F-4 though, light head wind and full flaps, it really slowed down and dropped, guess I fell asleep on the approach, anyway added some power to save what could have been a disaster, landing gear soaked it up no problem after three bounces, it was my first bad landing with the F-4 to, so didn't want to end the day with that one, took it up again, full flaps again with some power this time and landed smooth as butter, all happy and called it a good day............:Sweating::Sweating::):)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post
              Club indoor flying today !
              Been wanting to try indoor sometime...anyone know of Phoenix locations when permitted. Cardinals Stadium would be really cool!

Comment

• I got the A10 and Hornet, and my son got the apprentice in the air as well.

Comment

• Wish we had indoor flying. But a beautiful flying day. I should have raced Grant here. With the Mig 15.

Comment

• F-16 and the T-45 got some flight time today, such a nice day here in Ca., couldn't help but get a few flights in.:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1852[1].JPG
Views:	342
Size:	335.6 KB
ID:	164285

Name:	DSCN1853[1].JPG
Views:	350
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	164286

Comment

• Brought out the 90mm F-16, FMS P-40, P-39, Little Bird, and Huey to the field this afternoon. Was a great day for flying!

Comment

• Got the new 3 inch wheels on my T-6, per suggestion I found here. Did have the left one get stuck, but got it down after about a half dozen cycles. Weight difference was just enough to make her a bit more nose heavy. What a difference. Had a nice breeze down the runway, so I got several touch and goes to get used to it. Was a real treat to have every landing finish with a roll out and not a ground loop or a stall and stop.

Comment

• Beautiful flying weather here in Baja Arizona today. Two flights with the Sensei, and one each with the Calypso and Cherokee.

Comment

• Day 870: A foot of snow only means one thing...

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Morning flights with these birds sporting new wooden props on the appropriate classics.

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                Day 870: A foot of snow only means one thing...

Welcome to TJ's and my upstate NY style winter wonder world of flying brother. LOL
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Welcome to TJ's and my upstate NY style winter wonder world of flying brother. LOL
                                  Like WBC says, we've been dealing with this stuff since early November. Way too early:Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                                    Morning flights with these birds sporting new wooden props on the appropriate classics.
                                    Close up from the hangar.

Guess I should mention the wood prop on the PT-17 is an 11x8, not the 11x7 standard. No noticeable differences in battery performance. 3.7 - 3.8 volts each cell remained. 7 minutes with some occasional full throttle. Wind bite was a definite audible difference, especially after touch and go or low pass. Seemed to have bit more vertical and a predictable increase in left turning tendencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Like WBC says, we've been dealing with this stuff since early November. Way too early:Silly:
                                      Shoot guys, this just opens up more RC opportunities :Cool:

Name:	48320030_496616814080955_1735246970328449024_n.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	165352

Name:	47580469_496621530747150_5017160046753087488_n.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	165351

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• LOL And of course you can't keep a good modeler down...............now no trying to claim days with that:P
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                          ....now no trying to claim days with that:P
                                          This was this morning ;)

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                          X