Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks George, of course I had to crank up Aerosmith, the wife didn't like it, but it made me feel like rockin'
    BTW George, here's a project for you...………

Click image for larger version

Name:	DjcLvBQXgAA9i0O.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	156910

@Aerosmith Saw @americanpickers Last night discovering this hidden treasure from the Greatest Rock Band ! Really Cool -AMERICAN HISTORY now in the right hands ! Excited to see what the do with it. Hope Aerosmith tell share some stories around it on the follow up.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• I saw that episode
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• In the pocket. https://youtu.be/u1T8imJBuAg

Comment

• Flexjet with freewing L39 tanks https://youtu.be/auxxARVnuN0

Comment

• Flight 2 Flexjet with freewing l39 tanks https://youtu.be/q_njlmrkRUI

Comment

• 3 flights on the Su-35 today.

Here is the video of flight 3...

Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Beginning to wonder why the flying season is starting and I’m not flying!
                oh,
                a TFR covering a 30 mile radius around Phoenix
                wind 15-25 thru The Weeknd
                avalanche of paperwork to go with Conditional Job offer:Not-Talking:
                interacting with government servers on a MAC
                drug Test across other side of Phoenix
                fingerprinting from authorized affiliates
                and that was for my day off!:Scared:
                Back to work tomorrow
                LOL

Comment

• When you get to fly again itll definitely be a well deserved break

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
                    Beginning to wonder why the flying season is starting and I’m not flying!
                    oh,
                    a TFR covering a 30 mile radius around Phoenix
                    wind 15-25 thru The Weeknd
                    avalanche of paperwork to go with Conditional Job offer:Not-Talking:
                    interacting with government servers on a MAC
                    drug Test across other side of Phoenix
                    fingerprinting from authorized affiliates
                    and that was for my day off!:Scared:
                    Back to work tomorrow
                    LOL
                    That TFR is a one hour thing....get real. And if you are getting fingerprinted then that is for a background check. I am sure they love your posting about it here....lol That's gonna go over real well.

Complaining about TFR's like this is what gets folks all revved up for no reason. It's a one hour window for VIP arrival/departure. No impact other than to drive a few customers to Micky D's for that hour.

Comment

• Got up to 71 degrees today, so off to the field to put up with crosswinds. Took BBD and Pandora Two, my oldest and fourth oldest airplanes and got in flights 200 - 204 for the season, hitting my goal. Tomorrow is supposed to be good as well, so we'll see.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• L
                        Originally posted by seaviper View Post

That TFR is a one hour thing....get real. And if you are getting fingerprinted then that is for a background check. I am sure they love your posting about it here....lol That's gonna go over real well.

Complaining about TFR's like this is what gets folks all revved up for no reason. It's a one hour window for VIP arrival/departure. No impact other than to drive a few customers to Micky D's for that hour.
                        Actually that TFR covered Thurs. 10PM thru Sat. 10AM

View this message as a webpage.
                        You are receiving this email because of your affiliation with the Academy of Model Aeronautics.
                        Thursday, October 18, 2018

Three FAA NOTAM/TFRs have been issued for Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding areas for Thursday, October 18 from 9:00 pm MST through Saturday, October 20 at 9:30 am MST. The TFR is issued for security purposes to cover VIP movement in this area. Outdoor radio control model aircraft operations are prohibited within a 30 nm radius for the specific times listed below. Control Line and Free Flight modelers should use discretion when operating within the TFR. Please note that TFRs are subject to change with very short notice. Check back often for the most current NOTAM/TFR information.

See the links to the TFRs below for more detailed information regarding the restrictions:
                        TFR 8/4340:
                        View Map of the Affected Area

Area A
                        Airspace Definition:
                        • Center: On the PHOENIX VORTAC (PXR) 258 degree radial at 1.8 nautical miles. (Latitude: 33º25'58"N, Longitude: 112º00'24"W)
                        • Radius: 30 nautical miles
                        • Altitude: From the surface up to and including 17999 feet MSL
                        Effective Date(s):
                        From October 19, 2018 at 0400 UTC (October 18, 2018 at 2100 MST)
                        To October 19, 2018 at 0515 UTC (October 18, 2018 at 2215 MST)

Area B
                        Airspace Definition:
                        • Center: On the PHOENIX VORTAC (PXR) 258 degree radial at 1.8 nautical miles. (Latitude: 33º25'58"N, Longitude: 112º00'24"W)
                        • Radius: 10 nautical miles
                        Effective Date(s):
                        From October 19, 2018 at 0400 UTC (October 18, 2018 at 2100 MST)
                        To October 19, 2018 at 0515 UTC (October 18, 2018 at 2215 MST)

TFR - 8/4340

TFR 8/4335:

Area A
                        Airspace Definition:
                        • Center: On the PHOENIX VORTAC (PXR) 359 degree radial at 11.7 nautical miles. (Latitude: 33º37'32"N, Longitude: 111º55'32"W)
                        Effective Date(s):
                        From October 19, 2018 at 0445 UTC (October 18, 2018 at 2145 MST)
                        To October 19, 2018 at 2345 UTC (October 19, 2018 at 1645 MST)

Area B
                        Airspace Definition:
                        • Center: On the PHOENIX VORTAC (PXR) 359 degree radial at 11.7 nautical miles. (Latitude: 33º37'32"N, Longitude: 111º55'32"W)
                        Effective Date(s):
                        From October 19, 2018 at 0445 UTC (October 18, 2018 at 2145 MST)
                        To October 19, 2018 at 2345 UTC (October 19, 2018 at 1645 MST)

Area C
                        Airspace Definition:
                        • Center: On the PHOENIX VORTAC (PXR) 275 degree radial at 21.6 nautical miles. (Latitude: 33º32'06"N, Longitude: 112º22'59"W)
                        Effective Date(s):
                        From October 19, 2018 at 2300 UTC (October 19, 2018 at 1600 MST)
                        To October 20, 2018 at 0115 UTC (October 19, 2018 at 1815 MST)

Area D
                        Airspace Definition:
                        • Center: On the PHOENIX VORTAC (PXR) 275 degree radial at 21.6 nautical miles. (Latitude: 33º32'06"N, Longitude: 112º22'59"W)
                        Effective Date(s):
                        From October 19, 2018 at 2300 UTC (October 19, 2018 at 1600 MST)
                        To October 20, 2018 at 0115 UTC (October 19, 2018 at 1815 MST)

Area E
                        Airspace Definition:
                        • Center: On the WILLIE VORTAC (IWA) 310 degree radial at 0.3 nautical miles. (Latitude: 33º18'28"N, Longitude: 111º39'20"W)
                        Effective Date(s):
                        From October 20, 2018 at 0045 UTC (October 19, 2018 at 1745 MST)
                        To October 20, 2018 at 0315 UTC (October 19, 2018 at 2015 MST)

Area F
                        Airspace Definition:
                        • Center: On the WILLIE VORTAC (IWA) 310 degree radial at 0.3 nautical miles. (Latitude: 33º18'28"N, Longitude: 111º39'20"W)
                        Effective Date(s):
                        From October 20, 2018 at 0045 UTC (October 19, 2018 at 1745 MST)
                        To October 20, 2018 at 0315 UTC (October 19, 2018 at 2015 MST)

Area G
                        Airspace Definition:
                        Effective Date(s):
                        From October 20, 2018 at 0230 UTC (October 19, 2018 at 1930 MST)
                        To October 20, 2018 at 1600 UTC (October 20, 2018 at 0900 MST)

Area H
                        Airspace Definition:
                        Effective Date(s):
                        From October 20, 2018 at 0230 UTC (October 19, 2018 at 1930 MST)
                        To October 20, 2018 at 1600 UTC (October 20, 2018 at 0900 MST)

TFR - 8/4335

TFR 8/6252:

Area A
                        Airspace Definition:
                        Effective Date(s):
                        From October 20, 2018 at 1530 UTC (October 20, 2018 at 0830 MST)
                        To October 20, 2018 at 1630 UTC (October 20, 2018 at 0930 MST)

Area B
                        Airspace Definition:
                        Effective Date(s):
                        From October 20, 2018 at 1530 UTC (October 20, 2018 at 0830 MST)
                        To October 20, 2018 at 1630 UTC (October 20, 2018 at 0930 MST)
                        TFR - 8/6252
                        Check here to ensure your UAS operations are not within this VIP NOTAM/TFR.

Thanks,
                        Government Affairs Team

In a security zone (Temporary Flight Restriction – TFR) those monitoring the airspace must be able to tell friend from foe and in the case of unmanned aircraft there currently is no definitive way of making this distinction. It is also necessary to clear the security zone as much as possible to allow intercept forces to transit safely through the airspace. As such, the current procedure is to ground all nonessential air operations within the TFR. This includes unmanned aircraft, radio control model aircraft and all other aero sport activity.

AMA is currently working with FAA's Special Operations Security division along with the National Aeronautic Association (NAA) and the other sport aviation groups in an effort to obtain relief for our members and the aero sport community in general. In this effort, AMA achieved a small victory by gaining clarification regarding the intent of the restrictions. Previously the NOTAMs spoke to prohibiting "model aircraft" operations within the TFR. This left unclear whether this included control line and free flight activities. AMA sought clarification from the FAA Special Operations Security Center (SOSC) and was able to get this issue resolved. The language in TFRs now refers to "radio control model aircraft", a small concession but a step in the right direction. AMA has also been successful in obtaining waivers for MA activities when short notice TFRs conflict with high-profile events. Unfortunately, when it comes to the federal government and national security the wheels turn very slowly. AMA suspects it may be some time before we see any significant relief, and we may not see any real change until there is a change for the better in the global political environment.
                        This email was sent by: Academy of Model Aeronautics
                        5161 E. Memorial Dr. Muncie, IN 47302 USA
                        Click here to unsubscribe.

5161 E. Memorial Drive, Muncie, IN 47302

Comment

• Anyone ever remember the movie The Fog?

My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Nice flying Aros! watch out for those poles man...

F22 that is exactly what I am talking about. That is an AMA email showing schedules. More often than not, VIP TFR's are canceled altogether or even cut short. It depends on the VIP. FSS and ATC have current info. Not the AMA.
                            That's why they want you to call FSS or ATC near the time you want to fly. Then you will get current info.

On a lighter note we now have three L-39's in the club! We flew today under bad conditions. But hopefully tomorrow will be prettier and we can get some good video.

Comment

• Madin of my e Flight Pitt 850mm .. A bit windy but atleast it was warmer today (mid 50's) . This thing rips ! :-)

Comment

• Wow, where’s my flame suit?

Comment

• Six more flights (5 through 10) on the L-39 today. It was breezy, but it was right down the runway so no problem. I'm really starting to dig this plane, and I'm glad I decided to make the purchase. It's nice and stable, lands like a breeze, and can perform some pretty nice aerobatics. Knife edges are almost effortless. The only plane I have that's easier to KF is the FlexJet with the Aura8 stabilizer.
                                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                    Nice flying Aros! watch out for those poles man...

F22 that is exactly what I am talking about. That is an AMA email showing schedules. More often than not, VIP TFR's are canceled altogether or even cut short. It depends on the VIP. FSS and ATC have current info. Not the AMA.
                                    That's why they want you to call FSS or ATC near the time you want to fly. Then you will get current info.

On a lighter note we now have three L-39's in the club! We flew today under bad conditions. But hopefully tomorrow will be prettier and we can get some good video.
                                    Don’t have to do that phone call thing anymore...NOTAM, TFR’s etc are distributed Real Time through satellite, cellular and internet sources to end users. I purposely posted the AMA notice instead of the Official notice as it Made the point.
                                    As for other remarks,

“let’s try wrong assumptions for $1000, Alex”

for example, CCW’s require similar activities...

Comment

• Hiking my planes to the spot

Comment

• Originally posted by JazzmanB View Post
                                        Hiking my planes to the spot

https://youtu.be/09Elu-AoXXs
                                        How do you like that Viper Jazzman? It looks like it's as big as the L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                          Anyone ever remember the movie The Fog?

Am I crazy, or does it look like you're going to have to install a de-icing system?

Comment

Working...
                                          X